Ottawa S2000 Owners Ottawa Canada and area

Waiting for Parts is Driving Me Crazy!

Old 04-06-2008, 11:40 AM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I see that they have a 4.25 lb and a 4.75 lb version now. Obviously the weight is inconsequential but the heavier one is $100 more. It looks like the 4.25 lb version is more expensive than the 4.5 lb I bought, so I am guessing they are comparable.
Old 05-05-2008, 06:48 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Steve - any updates on the Hytech parts? Have they arrived?
Old 05-05-2008, 07:45 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I can assure they haven't.
Old 05-06-2008, 05:03 AM

Nothing from Hytech yet.

Not to be an apologist though, I just got some JDM parts that took over a year to get ... and I had to pre-pay. At least I'm not out any money while I wait. Pretty well knew it was going to be like this since it looks like the parts thing is really a sideline to his main business servicing race teams and local custom work. Still believe that the parts combo is going to kick ass, just have to hurry up and wait.

On the bright side, the Moton suspension and rear roll center adjusters are installed. It's going to take a while to sort all the settings for suspension at the track anyways before dealing with more power.

I think I might get the Hondata installed and tuned anyways, without the cams/header. Should still be able to get 15-20 WHP while waiting for Hytech.
Old 05-06-2008, 08:32 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Saw you last Friday going down Carling at around 11:50. I was heading to lunch in a spiffy red Versa.

I can't believe how long you have had to wait, I don't think you'll have it done until end of summer which kind of sucks.

Well you can try my car to see how you like the extra power I guess.

Auto-x events are looking scarce right now only June 8th, all the rest of the 10 dates we had were poo pooed by scotia bank place!
Old 05-06-2008, 08:51 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

unheard of wait for JDM parts. 1 year?

Tan
Old 05-06-2008, 10:46 AM

Special ordered non-stock JDM parts. Note that I'm sure these parts weren't high runners (since they are real race parts, not bling), so who knows if they are build to order. The two seperate times from two different shops, I've done this it took 8-12 months to get the parts. For whatever reason whether the delay was in Japan or in North America, it took its own sweet time.

Speak of the devil, got the offical Hytech email on the completion of the cam kit, header versions, and total ITB, AEM, tune and exhaust package. Pre-orders accepted now, with an availabilty target of July 1st (Canada Day )
Old 05-06-2008, 03:35 PM

Originally Posted by Fongu,May 6 2008, 01:46 PM
Special ordered non-stock JDM parts. Note that I'm sure these parts weren't high runners (since they are real race parts, not bling), so who knows if they are build to order. The two seperate times from two different shops, I've done this it took 8-12 months to get the parts. For whatever reason whether the delay was in Japan or in North America, it took its own sweet time.

Speak of the devil, got the offical Hytech email on the completion of the cam kit, header versions, and total ITB, AEM, tune and exhaust package. Pre-orders accepted now, with an availabilty target of July 1st (Canada Day )
Is this being open to the genral public or only those who already have orders in with John @ Hytech? I checked their site and didn't see anything?
Old 05-06-2008, 06:21 PM

My letter said there is a first run of 20 kits. The email had a distribution of more than 20 people, which I assume are the ones that showed interest when the development was first announced last year. I would also assume that we will have first dib's on build. So, unless a lot of the initial guys drop out or Hytech decides to expand the run I would think that it won't be publicly available until some time later.

From the design process I've observed, that limited run is probably due to the time it takes to custom fabricate the headers and ensure quality control. Hytech made a premature announcement that really didn't promise immediate product availability, which quickly turned somewhat bad when fickle impatient internet guys wanted something right away. So I'm not surprised there is no immediate public availabilty.

Anywho, the upshot is that the final dyno of the prototype car looks better than the preliminary one from last year. With 2.2L, ITB, header, exhaust, AEM and I assume no cat, it looks like +50 hp peak, and more importantly +40 ft/lbs @ 6000 RPM over a stock 2.2L. I'm not going to get this with my setup, but that big mid-range bump will be big for coming out of corners and helping out with real-life RPM ranges on the track.
Old 05-07-2008, 08:44 AM

Originally Posted by wing,May 6 2008, 11:32 AM
Auto-x events are looking scarce right now only June 8th, all the rest of the 10 dates we had were poo pooed by scotia bank place!
This is nothing new...it happens every year. They won't confirm renting out the parking lot until they are 100% certain that nothing bigger (ie. anything else) will want the facility. We'll get most of our chosen dates, they just won't confirm until about 1 month prior.