Pacific Northwest S2000 Owners For S2000 Owners in Washington, Idaho, and Alaska

Rick's New Calipers--- Group Install?

Old 07-20-2001, 09:31 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Rick's New Calipers--- Group Install?

I am sure by now everyone has heard that Rick is working on a Caliper swapping strategy that will allow us to get powder coated calipers for a good price. I am seriously considering doing this, depending of course, on how Rick's tests go this weekend. My guess is that I am probably not the only one in this group who is interested.

However, while I don't mind making some of the internal modifications (i.e. shift boot) myself, I don't see swapping out my calipers as a task that I necessarily want to take on. Perhaps there are others in this same situation? I am wondering if some of our more handy members wouldn't mind a little get together for the install? I realize that this means ordering would need to commence in short proximity (since we have to send our calipers back fairly quickly). I'd certainly be willing to bring beer, food, etc., for the trouble.

Any thoughts on this?
Old 07-20-2001, 10:29 AM

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

I am game if Rick's will do white. I think it would be a great idea to install steel braided lines and bleed in some super blue at the same time.

I thought we'd be sending in one pair of brakes at a time though? Round robin style on the group buy. Did I miss something?
Old 07-20-2001, 11:42 AM

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

I don't plan to get in on this buy, but I don't mind lending a hand on the install.

Rick posted that white is available and they are starting off the round robin style buy with several sets to begin with. I would also suggest getting a set of SoloBleeders or Speed Bleeders to install at the same time.

Only place I found ATE Super Blue locally is
http://www.speedwaremotorsports.com/
Old 07-20-2001, 12:42 PM

I think I will just paint mine ..but I do plan on putting
the SS brake lines and bleeders on this winter.

They make paint just for this. I would like to paint the
inside of the rotors also ...to stop the rust from landing
on the wheels. Anyone done this ? Results ?

Regards
Old 07-20-2001, 01:45 PM

Rick will be starting with a bunch of new ones. This will then move to using the ones people send in once enough inventory comes in. Even then I'd expect a pretty good turn-around.

Most colors seem to be available and Rick even mentioned that he is trying to get Blue to match the Euro S2000. Personally I am thinking about red.

Thanks, Ken for the offer of help. Lets see how people respond and we'll take it from there.

Excuse my ignorance, but what's the deal with these Bleeders?
Old 07-20-2001, 01:54 PM

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Scott, They make a messy two person job into a simple one person job. I got a set of the SoloBleeders on one of the group buys for about $20.

http://www.holley.com/HiOctn/ProdLine/Prod...PHS/280031.html

http://www.speedbleeder.com/
Old 07-20-2001, 02:03 PM

Originally posted by KenS2K
Scott, They make a messy two person job into a simple one person job. I got a set of the SoloBleeders on one of the group buys for about $20.

http://www.holley.com/HiOctn/ProdLine/Prod...PHS/280031.html

http://www.speedbleeder.com/
Ah, makes a lot of sense. Thank you.
Old 07-20-2001, 02:20 PM

I'd be glad to help out, although I'm no mechanical genius (I use RT for that ). I have a floor jack and a pair of jackstands, plus various tools. I'd be interested to see how Rick's calipers look, too.

I'm still considering a more serious brake kit, so until I decide one way or the other, I'll stay with the stock calipers. If I decide not to do a major upgrade, I'd probably get Rick's calipers, in silver, red, or black.

As Jerry suggested, you might want to consider doing fluid/SS lines/bleeders/pads while you're in there.

Ted
Old 07-20-2001, 04:04 PM
RT

Received 41 Likes on 30 Posts

I ain't in, but I'm in
Translation:
No fruity calipers for me, but I'd be glad to help whoever wants/needs (cost you one HAMBURGER )
Old 07-20-2001, 06:47 PM

Originally posted by RT
I ain't in, but I'm in
Translation:
No fruity calipers for me, but I'd be glad to help whoever wants/needs (cost you one HAMBURGER )
Fruity! Why, if you weren't offering assistance, I'd have a few pithy barbs to toss your way. As it is....thanks bud.

Quick Reply: Rick's New Calipers--- Group Install?