S2000 Brakes and Suspension Discussions about S2000 brake and suspension systems.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Sake Bomb

Help BRAKE light indicator on and off

Old 05-17-2010, 01:48 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Help BRAKE light indicator on and off

If any of you have read my 1st post, BRAKE PEDAL GOES TO THE FLOOR...

https://www.s2ki.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=771033

you will see the only issue I still have is the ABS light coming on at speeds close to 120mph. This still happens and I still have not sourced a scanner to check the codes. Thing is after I turn off the car and start it up again, and drive a few yards the light goes away. Recently how ever the BRAKE light came on as I was turning around a corner. Happened a couple times so far randomly. Then I noticed it was coming on at stop lights, I would start driving and it would turn off. E brake is completely off and nothing is loose, I tried tapping the center console to see if I could get it to flash at all but it wont. I have no idea what is causing this but I do believe my front brake pads need to be replaced soon. I don't know of any brake pad sensors on the car, I use to be a land rover tech and there was sensors on Range Rovers. I would think the ABS light could be from a sensor going bad and the pulses at 120mph is just too fast for the going bad sensor to pick up. As far as the BRAKE light, I've seen faulty switches on the E brake but it seems to working, apply E brake = light on, etc. If any one has any tips please let me know. I hope to be ready for the Red Line Time Attack May29-30 at Auto Club Speedway and last Nov. I hit 124mph coming into the roval and this year I added a Berk 70mm HFC and 4.57 gears, Can't wait!!!
Old 05-18-2010, 06:12 PM

That light will come on if your brake fluid is low... from the comments in your other thread it sounds like you need to get under the hood or take the car to a legit mechanic.

Best of luck, and be safe... not stoopid
Old 05-20-2010, 04:08 PM

Received 70 Likes on 56 Posts

Originally Posted by FUGITIVEX,May 17 2010, 01:48 PM
I have no idea what is causing this but I do believe my front brake pads need to be replaced soon.
Worn brake pads = pistons moved out = more brake fluid in caliper = less brake fluid in resevoir = brake light comes on.

Just my guess....
Old 05-22-2010, 06:10 PM

Ya i checked the fluid, its was in between the low and high so I added some just to see and sure enough the brake light stopped coming on, guess I pull more g's than I thought. Based off of that alone I'm thinking I'll get the weld in plate for my oil pan. I got some Project Mu Club Racer pads coming to upgrade from my B Force pads. Still need to get a scan on the ABS trouble code though. I can pretty much fix any thing on a car, just no access to a scanner anymore =(
Old 05-26-2010, 09:46 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

It triggers low fluid even before the minimum mark. On a DBW car it will also disable VSA.