S2000 CR Club Racer Edition CR stands for "club racer," conjuring up the good old days when guys drove their sports cars to the track, raced them, and then, if the racing gods were smiling, drove them home again

Berlina Black CR #35 - New Owner

Old 07-11-2015, 02:27 PM

Received 67 Likes on 48 Posts

Alrighty, so i've been putting in some work on the CR and i gotta say im very pleased with the car. It needs some work in the interior but she is mechanically sound. I brought the CR to a trusted friend and had him change the clutch in my car. Here is a picture of the clutch... it's still the original OEM unit that came equipped with the car... Check out the pictures of the old clutch.

I had the new rear main seal replaced as well.

As far as the clutch goes I wanted a "PURE" Honda OEM clutch installed. The original had well over 98k original miles, there is no reason to believe it won't last another 100k miles. I am not planning on tracking this car and am in the process of swapping in all original OEM components. I opted for the Honda Pressure Plate, Clutch Disk and all Honda Bearings. I also removed the PWJDM snorkel and Cooling plate. Test pipe was removed and OEM cat was installed.
Old 07-11-2015, 02:38 PM

Other good bits i've performed to get this car back in shape.

-Valve Adjustment
-Coolant Flush
-NGK Iridium Spark Plugs
-Motul 300V 5w30 Synthetic Oil Change with OEM Oil Filter
-Amsoil Synchromesh Transmission Fluid
-Motul 75w90 Rear Diff Fluid

Quick bit of cleaning on the exterior... she can still use a more thorough detail but im pretty happy with it now. After owning a black car in the past i vowed never to own one again... This CR was just an opportunity i could not pass up.

Pictures:

Old 07-11-2015, 06:36 PM

Received 45 Likes on 42 Posts

Looks good !
Old 07-11-2015, 06:58 PM

Originally Posted by Vanishing Point
Looks good !
Hopefully i can arrange sometime in my schedule to pick up the Hardtop this week.

After i get the Hardtop where do i go from there VP? I just ordered the CR Shift Knob, CR Floor Mats and CR Radio Door Cover. I assume the Seats and Upholstery work will be next.

Then after that seats are done im considering getting the front fenders, hood, bumper and lip painted to remove the rockchips but im still undecided.
Old 07-14-2015, 05:04 AM

Received 32 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by adrs2k
Not to sound too corny, but I am happy to see people like you and the others that are out there buying the "less desirable" CR's and restoring them. Just because a CR had a hard life, doesn't mean its not a good car and doesn't deserve a good home. There are not many CR's out there, so someone needs to take care of them and restore the neglected ones. Mine was in rough shape when I got it too.

I think too many people around here get caught up in having the most pristine, fresh off the showroom floor example of a CR... which is fine, but CR's that have seen more action deserve a good home as well and I'm glad to see you are doing just that with yours blueprint. I look forward to watching your progress and best of luck!
Old 07-14-2015, 06:49 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by blueprint
Rahul... thanks for your post. I will collect those part numbers and start shopping for a quote. I am still searching for a reputable upholstery shop in my area that can perform the work. I looked at the cut again and it appears i'll need the foam cushion as well as the skin... the back portion of the seat is fine but the bottom will need replacing. About how much were the parts when u had yours replaced??

Thanks again!
Sorry for the delayed response... Below are images of the quote I received from a local dealer for some of the parts that I needed replacements for, as well as my insurance company's estimate for those pieces as well. It should all match, as I provided my insurance company with the part numbers and dealer pricing to ensure they didn't try to replace items with non-CR parts.

Old 07-17-2015, 06:17 PM

Rahul!!

Thanks for posting that information. I am in the process of doing some research. The part numbers in your invoice are different than the part numbers i've found on the net. Here is the part numbers that i found for the bottom seat skins.

81131-S2A-A61ZB (Bottom Cover, R)
81531-S2A-A61ZB (Bottom Cover, L)

I believe my upholstery shop can get by with just the skins but i'll consult with them before purchasing.
Old 07-17-2015, 09:30 PM

Received 11 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by adrs2k
Not to sound too corny, but I am happy to see people like you and the others that are out there buying the "less desirable" CR's and restoring them. Just because a CR had a hard life, doesn't mean its not a good car and doesn't deserve a good home.

I FEEL THE SAME WAY ABOUT RESCUING DOGS
Old 07-17-2015, 10:26 PM

Received 191 Likes on 118 Posts

Originally Posted by Jack_in_the_Box
Originally Posted by adrs2k' timestamp='1436471039' post='23675530

Not to sound too corny, but I am happy to see people like you and the others that are out there buying the "less desirable" CR's and restoring them. Just because a CR had a hard life, doesn't mean its not a good car and doesn't deserve a good home.

I FEEL THE SAME WAY ABOUT RESCUING DOGS
Funny you said that. My original post had the rescuing dog analogy. I rescued my dog and wouldn't have it any other way!
Old 07-18-2015, 09:54 PM

Im seriously leaning towards ordering some Swift Spec R's.

adrs2k... if you can please send me more pictures of kirk's car.

Quick Reply: Berlina Black CR #35 - New Owner