S2000 Electronics Information and discussion related to S2000 electronics such as ICE, GPS, and alarms.

HAT Imagines in AP2 - tweeter location?

Old 06-13-2016, 10:16 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default HAT Imagines in AP2 - tweeter location?

I'm looking to put some HAT Imagine speakers in my AP2, which has the factory door tweeters. For those of you with the Imagines: Where did you mount the Imagine tweeters? What did you do with stock tweeters?
Old 06-14-2016, 07:35 AM

Originally Posted by CalsonicSE
I'm looking to put some HAT Imagine speakers in my AP2, which has the factory door tweeters. For those of you with the Imagines: Where did you mount the Imagine tweeters? What did you do with stock tweeters?
I mounted mine in the stock tweeter location, they fit nearly perfect in that spot.
Old 06-14-2016, 09:12 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

in my research people are saying they sound best in coax form as that's how they were mainly designed to be used. unless you are running active, id personally opt to follow most users advise and leave them as coax speakers. if want to separate them, you might want to spend an extra 100 bucks and get the unity that come with a passive crossover and clarus tweeters
Old 06-14-2016, 09:30 AM

Originally Posted by aspitfire
Originally Posted by CalsonicSE' timestamp='1465885014' post='23992711
I mounted mine in the stock tweeter location, they fit nearly perfect in that spot.
The Imagine tweeters were a direct replacement for the stock tweeters? You didn't need to enlarge the stock tweeter holes?
Old 06-14-2016, 09:33 AM

Originally Posted by Zivman
Originally Posted by CalsonicSE' timestamp='1465885014' post='23992711
in my research people are saying they sound best in coax form as that's how they were mainly designed to be used. unless you are running active, id personally opt to follow most users advise and leave them as coax speakers. if want to separate them, you might want to spend an extra 100 bucks and get the unity that come with a passive crossover and clarus tweeters
Regarding the Unity, besides adding speaker spacers, are the woofer and tweeter direct fit replacements?
Old 06-14-2016, 02:52 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Zivman' timestamp='1465924355' post='23993165
[quote name='CalsonicSE' timestamp='1465885014' post='23992711']
Regarding the Unity, besides adding speaker spacers, are the woofer and tweeter direct fit replacements?
[/quote]
I am guessing you might have to do a little trimming on the back of the panel to make sure it holds properly. plenty of install pics to show how to mount tweeters in the stock location.

I am deciding which set to go with right now. I think I will likely just get the imagines and mount them coax and not mess with any tweeter location. supposed to sound great as is.