S2000 Electronics Information and discussion related to S2000 electronics such as ICE, GPS, and alarms.

Heated Seat Wiring to Accessory Fuse

Old 02-19-2019, 06:19 PM

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Default Heated Seat Wiring to Accessory Fuse

Hey guys,

I've been searching but can't seem to find the answer so I'm hoping someone here has a link or has figured this out. I am currently running wiring for Heated seats. Using Watercraft heaters. They use 12V power each and have a 10amp fuse inline with an accessory holder. I know often people wire these to the Acc. 10 Amp 12 V lighter but I often charge my phone while I drive and that load would be too much.

Has anyone successfully wired these instead to the 3 accessory sockets in the driver side under dash fuse location? Can I join the positive leads to a single 20amp fuse and run negatives to the battery? Any advice would be great! My goal is to wire this as "Factory" As possible.
Old 02-20-2019, 05:31 AM
oth

Received 54 Likes on 49 Posts

The fusebox option connectors are definitely the way to go, specifically "C" which is only powered when
the engine is running.
These are connected to a 40A fuse in the under-hood fusebox, so it should be able to supply all the
current you need. Don't forget to disconnect the battery (-) connection when working!
You can connect both seats to the same fusebox terminal, but each wire needs to remain separately fused
as the fuse is sized to protect that one wire.
Finally, there is a factory ground point near the fusebox which you can use to ground the seat heaters.
Alternatively, if the ground wire (-) is separate from the (+) wire, you can ground it to the chassis closer
to the seat.

E - on with the headlights
D - on all the time
C - on with the ignition
Old 02-20-2019, 05:56 AM

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Q
Originally Posted by oth
The fusebox option connectors are definitely the way to go, specifically "C" which is only powered when
the engine is running.
These are connected to a 40A fuse in the under-hood fusebox, so it should be able to supply all the
current you need. Don't forget to disconnect the battery (-) connection when working!
You can connect both seats to the same fusebox terminal, but each wire needs to remain separately fused
as the fuse is sized to protect that one wire.
Finally, there is a factory ground point near the fusebox which you can use to ground the seat heaters.
Alternatively, if the ground wire (-) is separate from the (+) wire, you can ground it to the chassis closer
to the seat.

E - on with the headlights
D - on all the time
C - on with the ignition

awesome. When connecting both leads to the fuse location should I splice together into a single female connector? Alternatively I’d be fine upgrading wire harnesses to a heavier gauge wire if needed.
Old 02-20-2019, 07:55 AM
oth

Received 54 Likes on 49 Posts

yes, you can twist the two wires together and crimp them into a single connector