S2000 Electronics Information and discussion related to S2000 electronics such as ICE, GPS, and alarms.

Help needed - Lucid DCI doesn't work

Old 09-05-2003, 11:29 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My car is 03, I have Sony CDXM620 (black panel - first gen)... just installed the DCI
The CD player works... dimmer doesn't (turn on low beam, the dash doesn't change brightness), the Mute works on the Dash control, however, nothing else works...

I suspect the reason for the "no change" of brightness might be because I didn't hook up the orange wire but just the orange with white stripes instead... am i suppose to hook both up into my Sony "Illumination" wire?

is the M620 deck not supported by the DCI?

anyone knows why? any help will be appreciated...
Old 09-07-2003, 12:29 PM
Former Moderator

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

You may want to get a hold of Modifry. Mine did the same thing. There were two wires that were wired incorrectly and needed to be switched. I believe the purple and green wires.
Old 09-07-2003, 12:39 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I have a note on my web site (which means I must have tested it) that the CDXM630 DOES work with the DCI, and yours being the previous version I would expect it to work too.

Other than the Hi-R remote head units, I would think that the DCI would work on virtually any Sony HU out there. It doesn't make sense for Sony to change the IR commands for no reason. They did it for the Hi-R because that's how you load the display images and they needed the ability to send data, not just IR commands.

The MUTE funtion is kind of separate from the rest of the DCI, so that just proves you have the power connected correctly. I would suggest you check the dip switches first, then the wiring. And not just your wiring, check the DCI connector and the adapter that Lucid includes. We've been known to make a mistake every now and then ourselves, like putting the wrong color wire in the connector. Look carefully at the GREEN wire on the DCI - it's the one that connects to the dash switches, and make sure it matches my drawing here. You can see how the rest of the wiring is connected there too.

Other than that, check the IR emitter and make sure it's facing the IR receiver on your HU (your manual will show you where the receiver is).

One more test - if you disconnect the GREEN DCI wire from the dash switch wire, then ground the DCI green wire it will send VOLUME DOWN commands continuously. That way you can reposition the IR emitter and see if it does anything.

If you still have trouble, send me a PM and we'll get you fixed up one way or another.
Old 09-07-2003, 12:43 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Ubetit
[B]You may want to get a hold of Modifry.