S2000 Electronics Information and discussion related to S2000 electronics such as ICE, GPS, and alarms.

Multi Info Gauge

Old 09-29-2010, 06:22 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy Multi Info Gauge

So to start off i have a Ap2 w/ Single Megan Racing Exhaust w/ Invidia Test Pipe,
Injen Cold Air Intake and a 4-2-1 header i got of ebay but my friend swore to me it gets the job done, he was still using his when he got his s2k to 496 hp. I am getting EMS or Hondata soon to tie everything together and get some power.
please no comments about the opinion of where i got the header

Now here is the real issue.
Im looking to get a gauge to give me simple readings for my car.
I do am not FI yet but im looking to go Supercharged in a year or so, and like i said im not looking for multiple gauges right now im looking for ONE gauge to show me more standard info such as; Water Temp, Oil Temp, Oil Pressure, Voltage, and maybe even miles MPG But not necessary. This is just because i would like to just mantain my car the way she deserves. Nothing flashy...
But as i mentioned i do have several mods and am planning to get tuned in the next month, is there any suggestions??
I already have a A/F Wideband
I already have a 58MM spot cut out of my left bezel (spare part i baught) where the Audio Control was so this seems like the most reasonable choice

http://www.plxdevices.com/multigauges.html

I like this one because it can show me all what i want in a simple, small clean gauge, true it wont give me a warning light but its up to me to keep it in check, and primarily again it is nice and discrete and will fit in my bezel. But some complain that it just displays the number, not actually gauging a "Red Zone" but i figure i can remember the basic numbers very easily.

But i recently i found another one which i like because it has most of what i need besides the Voltage but it does have time attack mode, for 1/4 miles etc and it seems to have a rev limit built in i believe. But it wont fit in my bezel and doesnt look as clean but better than the informeter touch. (I have a Wideband AF inn my radio cover door and still stock radio cover so i could move that to the bezel if i went with this and replace the cover without a whole cut.
http://www.defi-shop.com/product/zd/zd_movie.html

And ofcourse i can go with the greddy which many of you know of us but i dont like to much as it is bulky and displays alot of uneccesary stuff which already displays things we are being told. BUT im just giving it as an example for what type i would be looking for if not a single gauge. But defiantly not as bulky as this one.[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dT3aRjrN45E [/media]
This is one of my last interior mods so some help would be nice.
-Thanks in Advance, NIck
Old 09-29-2010, 07:36 AM

Received 21 Likes on 14 Posts

That GReddy Informeter looks like it would mold very nicely into the radio door cover (it is a bit cluttered though). I do also like the PLX gauges you are looking at and you would really only need one multi-function display to show four separate readings. It would also match the existing cluster very well since it's customizable. I like this option the most!
[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TP0Dn9EUjTc [/media]

You could also go crazy with the DM-200 install like this guy...

One of the the guys on this forum installed a Tunerview II in the radio door as seen below. It's a very clean install so I think it might be a good option based on what you are looking for. It also comes in various colors and sizes. I am using Garmin's ecoRouteHD which plugs directly into the OBDII port, but I don't recommend it for anything more than a casual interest in seeing what's going on under the hood. It can show fuel efficiency and saves log data to Excel files but it can't display oil pressure, wouldn't work as a boost gauge further down the road, can't display wideband O2 data, and has a slower refresh than a dedicated system.

Image below taken from spectacle's thread here.
Old 09-29-2010, 08:50 AM

hahaha thanks man i really appreciate that i saw the same two thigns when i was doing research with for the PLX which im probably going to go with. Im just wondering if anyone has had any of this gauges and how they like them?
I especially like how you can see in the video you posted that the PLX 4 things are being displayed at once.

Just need some opinions about the system as well
Old 09-29-2010, 09:31 AM

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

https://www.s2ki.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=816872

Torque app.
Old 09-29-2010, 12:42 PM

is Coolant Temp Voltage MPG Oil Pres. Oil Temp, all read by the OBD?? I would have thought i would need to buy sensors for each...
Where's a link to that product so i can see all the things you can view through it.
Old 01-06-2011, 11:45 AM
HDA

I was monitoring this thread: what did you choose at the end?