S2000 Electronics Information and discussion related to S2000 electronics such as ICE, GPS, and alarms.

RHD Cruise Control Button

Old 07-30-2001, 11:50 PM
Zeo

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RHD Cruise Control Button

Does anyone know if this part is available through dealerships, or any of our sponsors? Does anyone have this button?

I was looking for a place to put my apartment complex gate opener, and realized that I could mount it under the dash. I could then have a simple harness wired from the opener to an easy to reach button. That's when I remembered seeing the RHD outline for the cruise control on the dash.

I'm currently checking with a few local dealerships, but they're so puzzled by my question that I'm afraid it could take weeks, or I'll get the standard "We can't get that part" answer. I wanted to check and with the enthusiasts/experts to find out if anyone has this button or could give me suggestions to acquire it.

Thanks.
Old 07-31-2001, 06:01 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Zeo,

Keep calling all the dealers in your area talking to different people. I've had similar experiences with installing the fog switch switch on my 97 Prelude. Everybody told me I had to buy the entire Honda fog light system to get he switch (which is $250). After many calls, I finally found a dealer that actually checked on the part and attempted to look for it. He found it with one phone call! Then, the other dealership had the audacity to ask me what the part number was. I told that guy to kiss my a@@! Let me know what you find.

In my Prelude, I simply mounted a black push button switch (like from Radio shack) on one of the fog light switch blanks, and then, of course, wired the switch parallel with the door opener. Worked great! On the S2000, the RHD cruise switch is out of the way enough that a black push button won't draw any attention. The other thing I thought of would be to buy the assembly for the rear defroster switch and mount my push button there. Of course, I'd need to buy an extra blank b/c I don't actually have a hard top. Good luck
Old 07-31-2001, 08:18 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Why don't you do what I've been doing for the last 15 years? Connect the opener remote to the high beams.

Yes, it will run constantly if you have the high beams on. WGAF?

I take apart the remote and solder a jumper across the switch, then wire the battery connector to the high beams. My current remote works on a 12 volt battery, but I've done it in the past on 9 volt units with no problems either, even though there's no guarantee you don't have one that won't toast with 12 volts. My wife had a 9 volt one on her Camry for 6 years with no trouble.

If you have a 9 volt unit and you're worried about frying it, put a 5 volt zener in series with it.