S2000 Engine Management Engine management topics, map and advice.

AP1Chief ETUNE Review

Old 12-12-2017, 03:29 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default AP1Chief ETUNE Review

I dont post much on here, but currently did some business with AP1chief because I was having issues with my turbo s2k as the winter months rolled in for Long Island, New York. A little backround on the car before I get into AP1Chief's review.

03 AP1 41,000miles
Stock engine/Compression
Pfab ELT turbo kit
GTX3076R .82ar
3"DP to 3" boost activated cutout
Kpro V4
ID1300/Walbro 450/AEM FPR
Flex Fuel Sensor
Hondata 4Bar MAP/Mac 3 port Boost Controller
AEM Wideband pinned to ECU

Car was tuned by Evans in September 2017 in 80* humid weather and raining.
93/E10 @ 12 PSI Made 425HP/300TRQ
E70 @ 19 PSI Made 540HP/400TRQ
Boost by gear and Rpm was configured and car ran great for about a month.

The temps outside started to drop at night into the 50's and the car suddenly started to break up under load anytime it hit 6600rpm wether in boost or not and would not pass that rpm. Evans claimed it was not tune related and could be bad gas or mechanical related(NOT BASHING EVANS ONE BIT HE'S A GREAT TUNER AND I RECOMMEND HIM ALSO). Checked everything over and car continued to have same problem regardless of small changes like plugs, new boost solenoid (same brand). I came to the forum and posted up my problems. This is were AP1 Chief came into play. I sent him a few datalogs and my tune, instantly he sent me back an edit. He told me to upload, datalog and send it back to him. We went back and forth for a week due to my work schedule and weather conditions. Very dedicated and wanted the car to run right he kept on me, asking every morning "how'd it go".

AP1Chief told me my duty cycles for the boost solenoid were way to high for the colder air that moved into the region. Through trial and error he continued to pull out duty% until the car would hold its 19psi again instead of pegging 24psi and hitting boost cut. I highly recommend him for adjusting your tunes regardless of fuel, boost etc.

Unfortunately our testing has come to a stop right now because long island just dipped into the 30's and the car is now in hibernation till it gets warmer out. If you need any adjustments I recommend messaging AP1Chief for any of your tuning needs!!!
The following users liked this post:
AP1Chief (03-07-2018)
Old 03-07-2018, 08:02 AM

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

Just wanted to also vouch/recommend Josh (AP1Chief),

I had an incomplete janky tune done and not only was it terrible for city/daily driving but it was not complete and getting 130-140 miles to the tank!
Josh remotely corrected a lot of the issues and now the car not only runs better but is a lot more daily-able, quicker and gets much better/reasonable fuel economy.

The setup he tuned was a slightly modified greddy turbo on AEM V2. He is extremely prompt and communicates very fast and thoroughly. His prices are very competitive (best I have personally seen) and he has plenty of knowledge to guide you towards your goals.

I will definitely be in contact with him for my future tuning needs.

10/10
AP1Chief (03-07-2018)
Old 03-17-2018, 11:48 AM

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Bump

I recently had a Tune tweak and eventually a full tune done by AP1Chief. First off, his customer service is outstanding. He is very knowledgeable, helpful, patient, fast to respond to question, and even faster turnaround time when doing logs. Just everything you want from a Great tuner.

He was initially supposed to fix my idle, because the previous tuners that I had used could not get the DW 1300cc to idle nicely. He fixed that and then informed me that my whole tune was incomplete, half assed and just not safe. Really sucks because I just paid a lot of money for a, what I thought was a good tune.
We worked out a price, and he was very helpful. Got to work right away and instantly the car drove, pulled and idled so much better.

I think the car is making more power now after his tune, and it certainly feels like it. The power delivery is smooth and hits hard. He was very patient with me and helped me with some of my rookie mistakes.

Anyone on the fence about "Etunes" don't be. I was until I saw the results. Its nice to have a car that has a good, reliable tune!

I highly recommend using him if you need a tune or a tweak to an existing tune! I just wish I found out about him sooner!
AP1Chief (03-17-2018)
Old 03-17-2018, 05:08 PM

Received 119 Likes on 98 Posts

Thanks guys!