S2000 Engine Management Engine management topics, map and advice.

Haltech Q & A - New to Haltech

Old 05-04-2014, 08:45 PM

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Default Haltech Q & A - New to Haltech

I have been working on a Haltech Proplug in my N/A car with some interesting results.

First it has been a bit difficult trying to figure out everything in the ECM. It is a big departure from either the AEM or Hondata's that I have used before.

1.) DO NOT plug the primary and secondary O2 plugs together if you have removed the OEM sensors. It will short out the ECM. First sign that I had a problem was erratic/intermittent VTec solenoid engagement. If anyone has ever heard this at low RPM it sound VERY bad. Second I unplugged the VTec solenoid and then I could turn the key off and the car would keep running!!!!! I had to pull the fuel pump fuse to turn off the car.

Q1.) I am data logging but when I play back the log it will not Trace the cells in the map? Does anyone know how to turn this feature on, I have tried everything.

Q2.) Is there a way to use the Quick Tune feature on the VCT Switch Fuel Map?

Q3.) Has anyone had any luck tuning the Knock Control tables?

Q4.) Is there anyway to do a fuel table Lambda Overlay or AFR log in a table?
Old 05-05-2014, 08:41 AM

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by dsddcd
1.) DO NOT plug the primary and secondary O2 plugs together if you have removed the OEM sensors. It will short out the ECM.
WHY IN THE WORLD WOULD YOU DO THIS
Old 05-05-2014, 03:55 PM

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

When using the AEM I would do this to prevent the plugs from corroding. The (2) fit together perfectly and since the AEM did not use them it worked great. In this case I turned off the control in the Haltech but I believe that the heaters are still being activated even though I zeroed the heater control table and disabled the sensors.
Old 07-01-2014, 10:57 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

If you hit "T" it will trace the cursor and leave a line of which cells the cursor passes through. But you need to make sure you are recording load and rpm I believe, for it to show up in data logging.

You can trace back your afr to any given point after data logging. You just need to have add a gauge (table, channel or whatever you wanna call it) displaying what you want to record. As you move through the recording you should see the values in the table and can make changes on the map from there.

Not sure about quick tune in the ACF base map, but if you are data logging then you should be able to review, make changes, and go again.

Cheers!