S2000 Forced Induction S2000 Turbocharging and S2000 supercharging, for that extra kick.

Anyone smog their Greddy Kit yet?

Old 04-30-2008, 11:33 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Anyone smog their Greddy Kit yet?

Has anyone here in socal taken their Greddy kit in for a smog test yet? I got my first smog due in June for my 2002 AP1 and i just installed my Greddy turbo kit. This will be interesting...
Old 04-30-2008, 11:12 PM

Hmmm looks like I may be the first one to have to do it.
Old 04-30-2008, 11:50 PM

You should be fine as long as all your emissions devices are in.. such as air pump, cat..and have your CARB number in a place it can be seen.
Old 05-01-2008, 09:10 AM

I'll be putting my stock cat back in for the test of course. Everything else is still there. I was also thinking of taking off my blow off valve and just build a temporary aluminum plate to put on in its place for my smog test...
Old 05-01-2008, 12:10 PM

Good luck with the test!

Just to give you fair warning, I've heard of some locals up here in NorCal (with CTSCs) having trouble with some places getting a smog test done. It had to do with certain shop owners not wanting to smog a "modified" car...whatever the hell that means

Personally, I think those shops were just being jerkoffs. As long as all of your emission equipment is in place, and you have your CARB certificate/sticker/whatever in a visible place, then you should be good.

Oh, and yeah, it'd be a good idea to remove your blowoff valve, in case the smog tech decides to follow the vacuum diagram of the Greddy kit. (I know my CTSC has a sticker that goes under the hood, which shows the revised vacuum routing...does the Greddy have that too?)
Old 05-01-2008, 02:11 PM

Originally Posted by 73Zero,May 1 2008, 12:10 PM
Good luck with the test!

Just to give you fair warning, I've heard of some locals up here in NorCal (with CTSCs) having trouble with some places getting a smog test done. It had to do with certain shop owners not wanting to smog a "modified" car...whatever the hell that means

Personally, I think those shops were just being jerkoffs. As long as all of your emission equipment is in place, and you have your CARB certificate/sticker/whatever in a visible place, then you should be good.

Oh, and yeah, it'd be a good idea to remove your blowoff valve, in case the smog tech decides to follow the vacuum diagram of the Greddy kit. (I know my CTSC has a sticker that goes under the hood, which shows the revised vacuum routing...does the Greddy have that too?)
There is no sticker for modified routing for vacuum lines. All it has is a nice little carb legals sticker with the carb EO numbers for the turbo kit and intercooler kit.

I think I am just going to take it to this place by my house that I went to before. A few of the guys who work there have modified older eclipses there.
Wish me luck.
Old 05-02-2008, 04:07 PM

That would be me. I took my AP1 with a CTSC installed by Comptech themselves to a place near me. I brought the install instructions with the CARB number (also etched into the bracket that holds the compressor) as well as my receipt from Comptech for the install. The CT vacuum hose routing diagram is stuck on my hood.

I STILL got all kinds of grief. Basically, they have to confirm not only that the parts are CARB legal but also that it was installed correctly... which leaves some room for error I suppose. Anyway, after some hassle the guy finally did it.

I have a coworker with a C6 Z06 with all kinds of non-CARB legal crap including nitrous who has a 'connection' for smog so my next test will be there.

I can't even imagine what someone would go through with a non-CARB legal turbo etc.