S2000 Forced Induction S2000 Turbocharging and S2000 supercharging, for that extra kick.

Do I get my badge now?

Old 05-11-2008, 01:23 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Do I get my badge now?

Hey everyone-

I just wanted to post some pics of my HP Performance turbo kit. I am keeping this out of my other thread, so people can find pics in one location. This is of the kit installed as-is from the shop. I believe that the hole that was pre-drilled for the IC mount on the tab was drilled in the incorrect hole, and should be moved forward a bit, in effect moving the IC back. I think this would fix any fitment issues regarding the bumper (I had to cut my bumper to get the IC pipes to fit with the mounting hole in its current location on the IC mounting tab). I guess I should have done a lot more test-fitting and questioning of the mounting point than I did. I assumed there was one hole in the frame, and one hole in the mounting tab, so guess what... I lined them up, and it apparently does not quite work that way. Chalk that one up to FI noob-ness.

The only other suggestion I would give any potential purchasers is to be patient, and to not pay for anything until you can get tracking numbers. I believe I waited almost 12 weeks from the date I purchased it to the date I finally got the final correct part in (in order to get the kit up and running. I am still waiting on the 50mm BOV upgrade and the AFR gauge I originally ordered). HP is TERRIBLE about shipping timely, and even worse at communicating these delays to their customers. You will probably have to really ride them. Other than that, I just suggest that you account for EVERY PART in the kit prior to starting the install. This was, again a noob mistake, something I did not do, as I assumed all the parts were of the correct size, and that all bolts were present, etc. etc., but several of the fittings did not "fit" (several of the pipe and non-pipe thread components were criss-crossed and did not bite the respective parts. It was all worked out in the end, though).

Those are all the pics I have now. I am going to be making a run over to the dyno this week to have some numbers on paper... I had a local AEM Trained tuner look it all over for me, he evened the fuel map out (it was running 10.5 once boost hit). It is now running 11.8 when in boost consistently. He said it was still really rich, and that there was not really any timing compared to stock, so he thinks there is some room for improvement. He said as far as base maps go, this one is very good. The idle and start/crank parameters were pretty well tuned already. He changed a few things around, but nothing drastic. He said this tune looked more like a custom tune than a standard "base mape" that comes with big production kits. We also got the AEM serial gauge up and running. I now have IAT, PSI, H2O, and AFR now available for display. I am going to be putting a second gauge in the opening as soon as it gets here. I am going to have a fiberglass "blank" made that I am going to wrap in red leather, into which the gauges will be recessed.

I will post dyno charts as soon as I have them. And the kit is only running 6.5psi on the spring. i have an electronic boost controller that is going in once I up the boost level.

Do I get my FI badge now?

John
Old 05-11-2008, 03:34 PM

do i see shoe string?
Old 05-11-2008, 04:06 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hmmm looks...interesting.
Old 05-11-2008, 04:32 PM

Yeah, that is my temporary IC support. I wanted to take a pic before I get something welded up, so people do not confuse it as part of the kit... Its not "shoe string" exactly, its high-tensile strength stuff from Home Depot.

The car runs great. I think the relocation of the IC will fix all the fitment issues as well. Its a top to bottom flow IC, so it will look a little different from the standard Precision setup.

John
Old 05-11-2008, 04:56 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

OMG i Never give a negative compliment to nobody on this board, But Bro that is just Awfull poor S2k!

Making a Hole on that plastic to put the Aem Gauge, strings to support the IC.

My Honest Opinion, Take everything out of the car and try to do it again but do IT RIGHT!

That aint doing it right bro!
Old 05-11-2008, 05:04 PM

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

i also rarely give negative feedback, but not one part of that install is pretty. i think you should clean it up somehow. and anyone who knows me knows that i don't really care much about engine bay dress up or cleanliness.
Old 05-11-2008, 05:13 PM

Originally Posted by nightcrawler7188,May 11 2008, 05:04 PM
i also rarely give negative feedback, but not one part of that install is not very pretty. i think you should clean it up somehow. and anyone who knows me knows that i don't really care much about engine bay dress up or cleanliness.
Old 05-11-2008, 06:02 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Eri_S2k,May 11 2008, 07:56 PM
OMG i Never give a negative compliment to nobody on this board, But Bro that is just Awfull poor S2k!

Making a Hole on that plastic to put the Aem Gauge, strings to support the IC.

My Honest Opinion, Take everything out of the car and try to do it again but do IT RIGHT!

That aint doing it right bro!
Im not big on comments.. but that shit looks ghetto ...sorry bro, but looks like a toy's r us kit...hope eerything go's well
Old 05-11-2008, 06:23 PM

Originally Posted by JDMKID35,May 11 2008, 06:02 PM
Im not big on comments.. but that shit looks ghetto ...sorry bro, but looks like a toy's r us kit...hope eerything go's well
Old 05-11-2008, 06:41 PM

You must have the patience of a saint... I would have told that company to F-off and filed a chargeback as soon as I saw that their customer service was that bad. I'm glad to hear that it has worked out for you in the end.

Quick Reply: Do I get my badge now?