S2000 Forced Induction S2000 Turbocharging and S2000 supercharging, for that extra kick.

a few SC questions and Emanage vs aem ems.

Old 09-18-2009, 04:09 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default a few SC questions and Emanage vs aem ems.

Ok so I have a few questions before I make my final decision on which route I want to go.

My goal is to have a 10-12psi vt kit. What would be my disadvantages if I go with an Emanage ulti vs an aem ems.

Would tuning cost more?

Would I still get a very linear hp graph with the Emanage?

What are my options with Vtec and Emanage?

Howmuch of a hp decrease will I be looking at roughly vs an aem ems?

Also Ive gotten some quotes from places like HB speed, church, and road race for installation of the kit, tuning, and clutch install.
What would be a fair price for these three things?

Im sory if any of the questions sound noobish, I just couldnt find any info relating to sc and emanage vs aem ems, only some good info for turbos which Im still considering aswell.

Thank you in advance.
This thread could be usefull to future noobs like me!
Old 09-18-2009, 03:01 PM

price-emanage
vtec adjustment-both
fuel adjustment-both
ob2-emanage
tuning cost-emanage
i have the emanage and it does have a couple of bugs here and there.the ems should run 100%.
a big question is who is gonna do your tune.if you dont have any ems/emanage tuners in the area your out of luck.for what you plan on running i say emanage.FLAME SUIT ACTIVATED
Old 09-18-2009, 03:11 PM

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

I just recently installed an ems 1052 box in my car . All i can say is it is AWESOME ! I have played around with piggyback systems before and if tuned well they can run pretty decent . There is however NO comparison to an aem ems if it is tuned right . The car is so close to stock i cant even tell the difference other than it takes a couple more cranks to start up . Bottom line is the piggyback systems will NEVER run as well as a standalone if its tuned correctly .
Old 09-18-2009, 06:56 PM

Originally Posted by S2SEXY,Sep 18 2009, 03:01 PM
tuning cost-emanage
Sory Do you mean tuning cost less or more expensive than aem ems?
Old 09-18-2009, 07:26 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

With AEM EMS it's a LOT more expensive to tune. Here's why:

EManage is a piggy-back, which means it takes a stock EMU's parameters and alters them, or builds on them. It only affects the crucial components of boosting: timing, fuel, MAP clamp, etc... So when tuning, only these few parameters are set.

With an EMS, you have a base map, but you're setting up whole lot of parameters. Also, they're more in depth, more precise, as EMS is less forgiving, less flexible. If you don't tune ALL the parameters properly, they will either conflict with each other, or under certain conditions have a detrimental effect on the performance.

That's why it's close to twice the price to tune EMS. And if the tuner is lazy/incompetent/short on time/busy, he won't do all the necessary parameters, or not do them right. Or not leave the car overnight, and come early in the morning to tune temp. enrichment tables, timing, etc. So in that case scenario, your tune will be worse on EMS, at twice the cost, than on EManage. Makes sense?
Old 09-18-2009, 09:03 PM

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Kirpich,Sep 18 2009, 11:26 PM

EManage is a piggy-back, which means it takes a stock EMU's parameters and alters them, or builds on them. It only affects the crucial components of boosting: timing, fuel, MAP clamp, etc... So when tuning, only these few parameters are set.

With an EMS, you have a base map, but you're setting up whole lot of parameters. Also, they're more in depth, more precise, as EMS is less forgiving, less flexible. If you don't tune ALL the parameters properly, they will either conflict with each other, or under certain conditions have a detrimental effect on the performance.

That's why it's close to twice the price to tune EMS. And if the tuner is lazy/incompetent/short on time/busy, he won't do all the necessary parameters, or not do them right. Or not leave the car overnight, and come early in the morning to tune temp. enrichment tables, timing, etc. So in that case scenario, your tune will be worse on EMS, at twice the cost, than on EManage. Makes sense?
It all comes down to the tuner ! My car was tuned in 4 hours and there was no overnight stay to test cold start . And what do you know it starts up in the am (40 degrees) just fine .
Old 09-19-2009, 03:59 AM

Originally Posted by Kirpich,Sep 18 2009, 07:26 PM

thanks for the info!
very helpful.