Full Blown dual pump hanger leaking - S2KI Honda S2000 Forums

Go Back  S2KI Honda S2000 Forums > Special Interest > S2000 Forced Induction
Reload this Page >

Full Blown dual pump hanger leaking

Notices
S2000 Forced Induction S2000 Turbocharging and S2000 supercharging, for that extra kick.
Sponsored by:

Full Blown dual pump hanger leaking

Old 12-21-2018, 04:59 AM

Default Full Blown dual pump hanger leaking

Guys,

I'm having issues with the Full Blown dual pump hanger leaking fuel through the "sealed" wire harness that only JB weld was used to seal. I also noticed that the wire Full Blown has used is not fuel safe and fuel is wicking through the wire. The outer jacket of the wire has become stiff and brittle and is breaking apart and you can see a lot of oxidation on the copper wires also. I have a feeling this is very unsafe and could cause a major catastrophe if not noticed. A legal issue at some point i would assume. I've emailed LJ at FB a couple times to let him know and see if they have a fix with no response back.

Anyway, it looks as though I'll need to source some fuel safe automotive wire and a bulkhead to attach to the hanger and run the wires through to seal the wires off and stop this fuel from wicking and leaking.

Does anyone have experience with a good source for this wire that is needed? I only need about 20 ft of 14ga for the pumps and 10 ft of 18 gauge for the level sensor, so I'm hoping i don't have to purchase 4 large reels of wire.

Thanks
Old 12-21-2018, 10:50 AM

I had a similar problem when I had a FB hanger. I couldn't take the odor and headaches from breathing in the fumes. I read somewhere a while back that FB will fix the leak for you if you send it in.
Old 12-21-2018, 03:33 PM

They will reseal it for you. Just send it to them as is otherwise they will charge you for a new harness and repair. I’ve had to send mine back twice for repair because it was leaking fuel in the same place you mentioned.
Old 12-21-2018, 08:39 PM

I ended up ordering some Mil Spec Belden PTFE jacketed fuel safe 14ga and 18ga wire and a sealed bulkhead fitting that I will thread into the hanger. This way I won't have any more issues and it'll be put together properly and with the correct wire that won't fuel wick and corrode the wires. Allied cable has the wire if you are interested and you can get it cheap in the bargain bin sale.
Old 12-27-2018, 08:47 AM

I had the same issue and i used a gas friendly epoxy. Dont remember the brand but no gas odor anymore and pressure stays static.
Old 12-27-2018, 09:23 AM

Originally Posted by DemiSlayer View Post
I had the same issue and i used a gas friendly epoxy. Dont remember the brand but no gas odor anymore and pressure stays static.
Yep, it's a nice hanger, just wish they would have done the wire sealing better. The epoxy will definitely work. I figured the best way is to change the wire to the mil spec (PTFE jacketed) I ordered and put heat shrink at the area that goes into the hanger. Then squeeze a good amount of epoxy into the heat shrink with a syringe before shrinking and then heat shrink it, sealing thing up and pushing any excess out and let cure. Run the wires into the hanger and set the heat shrinked area into place and then use a syringe and put more epoxy onto the inside and outside around the wires. I think this will solve all the leaking issues and make it permanent.

Last edited by Spoolin; 12-27-2018 at 09:31 AM.

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

© 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands