S2000 Forced Induction S2000 Turbocharging and S2000 supercharging, for that extra kick.

has anyone succesfully ported greddy wastegate?

Old 04-20-2009, 09:20 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default has anyone succesfully ported greddy wastegate?

like the title says... I am wondering if anyone has actually done this to there greddy turbo and if it helped a lot or not.. I have read a lot of people talking about this subject but have not found any concrete answer whether it helps or not. I have read that it would be very bad to over port....so how much is really needed to take out to make good results???? Are there any DIY's for this yet??
Old 04-21-2009, 04:22 AM

Yes there is a memeber who has done this but I never saw any follow up posts with him trying to retune to higher boost. If I remember it did lower his psi a bit but I think it helped with his exhaust set up. But that could be fixed with a boost controller and turning up the boost. I think a little goes a long way. I think this need to be tried.
Old 04-21-2009, 12:35 PM

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

I agree, when I do my clutch and pull the turbo I am going to port it, anyone know where I can get a larger flapper, so I can really port it nice and large, also will this cause the turbo to spool slower?

There was a link on here for a place that sells a larger flapper, anyone remember it?

I assume I can use a Dremmel with a grinder on it?
Old 04-21-2009, 12:39 PM

I'm sure there is a drop-in replacement with a larger hotside somewhere.
Old 04-21-2009, 12:42 PM

hmmm, will I have to remove the housing? If I remember correctly there seems to be enough room to keep the debris from going inside the turbine wheel
Old 04-21-2009, 12:52 PM

I am not sure you will need to get a larger flapper, I will try and take some pics for you and post them of my greddy turbo so maybe you can have a better idea.
Old 04-21-2009, 12:56 PM

yeah, I remember someone saying this is by far the easiest turbo to port the wastegate, ".05 gives you like 23% more flow, this should definitely help spiking as well as allow me to use a Test Pipe (sounds so good)

Will this cause the WG to open prematurely <-------wont EBC help with that?
Old 04-21-2009, 01:01 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

^^^
yes !
definitely remove it! It is really not that difficult to remove, it's secured by one large clamp.

you can use a dremel as long as you have a use a good grinder bit.

I'm also considering doing this before I install the turbo kit.... I just can't find the time to install it and get it tuned due to constant work on my other car >:[ (damn 4-banger Jap turbo cars, take up so much time!)

34mm flapper - I've been meaning to measure the wastegate opening to confirm this will fit.

the only issue I can think of is that due to the larger flapper area more force will be applied against the wastegate spring, but that can be solved with an EBC or if you don't use one, then you can also use a "helper spring". So it would only affect those running without an EBC

http://store.forcedperformance.net/P...mmflapper.html
Old 04-21-2009, 01:43 PM

ok thanks, yeah I have an EBC so well see, If there is a large overlap, I wonder if I can keep the flapper valve thats on there and just touch grind a little bit, I think the 34mm flapper valve will get in the way of the housing on the side of it.........
Old 04-21-2009, 02:01 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

There's about 1 - 1.5mm that you can probably grind off.
I really don't know if that would still provide enough overlap for an effective seal. Intuitively, one would think that as long as there is some overlap that would work because once the flap lifts you loose the seal no matter if the overlap is 2mm or 10mm... then again... I'm not an expert at sealing surfaces

Quick Reply: has anyone succesfully ported greddy wastegate?