S2000 Forced Induction S2000 Turbocharging and S2000 supercharging, for that extra kick.

Mase Engineering S2000 Turbo Kit

Old 03-21-2010, 12:55 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Flash pro cannot control boost. You'd need a manual boost controller or something similar, which is included.

Engine Management and Fuel Setup
AEM EMS Pre-Tuned Calibration tuned by Mase /DBW cars receive Hondata Flash Pro w a tuned calibration (Hondata KPro Available for an additional cost for 2000-2005 models).
725cc Injectors with plug and play clips (no resistor box or extra wiring needed)
255 lph High Pressure Fuel pump
Plug and Play 4 bar Map sensor
Boost Controller included and integrated
Old 03-21-2010, 03:28 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Harpoon,Mar 20 2010, 03:31 PM
Do you think there is a measurable difference in power between the DBW turbo cars and the non-DBW turbo cars?
no, there is not a difference really in power, however, the DBW cars have a returnless system. at 14 psi on our kit for the dbw cars, the duty cycle is only at 78%
Old 03-21-2010, 03:31 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Chow-bot,Mar 20 2010, 11:27 PM
are we able to buy the kit with out fuel/engine management?
Yes, we are now selling partial kits as well. please email or PM for further pricing.
Old 03-21-2010, 03:39 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Mrfixit687,Mar 21 2010, 11:52 AM
Is the flash pro able to control the boost?
unfortunately, the flashpro'd oem ecu can not control the boost solenoid. we include a manual boost controller within the kit.
Old 03-21-2010, 06:00 PM

Will there be any performance diff with an electronic boost controller vs the manual one?
Old 03-21-2010, 09:53 PM

Great kit.
Great tuner.
Great customer service.
Has always offered me help and stayed up pretty late one evening to help me get a map together to have my car running. (Before he had a map for the 6262upgrade)
I ran a 12.6@113 @9psi with the map Mase whipped up for me OVER THE INTERNET.
I've been running the car daily for a bit over 1000miles and have had 0 problems.. other then traction.
Mase has helped/talked with me many times.
Not to mention the fitment of all components have been great! So easy and straight forward to install, you could do it blind.

Highly recommend this kit and tuner to anybody who even thinks about it.
No questions asked. Well worth the money.

ps. Stickers!! << To Mase

Also.. Did I mention how great the kit and tuner was?
Old 03-21-2010, 10:08 PM

Originally Posted by Mrfixit687,Mar 21 2010, 06:00 PM
Will there be any performance diff with an electronic boost controller vs the manual one?
A manual boost controller basically works like a valve that you open to a static setting and let some boostpressure "bleed" to the close-side of the wastegate.
This means the controller isnt adjusted while driving through different rpms, it simply is set to an opening and the boost will behave according to that.

A manual boost controllers good or bad is very much determined by how the turbo kit and its components flow. For example, if you have a setup where boost falls off at high rpms (losing torque) the manual boost controller might increase the boost at the lower rpms more than desired just to get the boost to a better level at high rpms. This might force compromises. Electronic boost control lets you control the boost depending on where you are in the rev range, thus making it possible to adjust you torquecurve in a much better way.

To sum up, the manual boost controller is a "dumb" device, but can work really well if the setups charactheristics suits it. I can't speak for how it suits the Mase kit, but seeing to the feedback of the kit and the tuner so far, I bet it works well.
Old 03-22-2010, 06:11 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Mrfixit687,Mar 21 2010, 09:00 PM
I've had manual and electronic boost controllers when I had my Evo. The only real difference I found was it was easier to dial in boost with the electronic since I never had to get out of the car. I also had two different boost settings depending on the weather at the push of a button.

My electronic boost controller seemed to be better at holding boost with less tapering at redline, but that may have just been a crappy mbc too.

This is such a great kit, I wish I had $8k lying around (need a new clutch too).

Is the flashpro tune just a base tune to get you to a tuner, or is it good enough for daily driving if you don't feel like heading out to the dyno?
Old 03-22-2010, 02:35 PM

Bring that price down
Old 03-22-2010, 04:20 PM

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by berlinas2k2,Mar 22 2010, 05:35 PM
Bring that price down
I agree, I would love to see the pricing decrease it would be a lot easier on my wallet.

All kidding aside, I spent a lot of time with Mase when he came to tune my car and I told him the same. After reviewing all his actual hardware pricing, assembly labor, r&d cost and his tuning pricing is spot on if not low. I can assure you he is not going to get rich building these kits.

The key is to look at the big picture, when you figure in the tuning, factory exhaust fitment, not having to buy clamps and hardware, manifold and turbo gaskets are included, complete engine management and fuel system, superior service and knowledge, very nice intercooler with mounting brackets, included exhaust flex pipe, std Vband clamps, Tial BOV and WG included turbo blanket............. Oh and there is no need to relocate anything such as the AC lines, heater hoses, battery, oil filter or fuse box.

Unless you build or tune your own kit there is no way you will get a better cost from anyone else and I would challenge anyone to prove me wrong. The only exceptions that even come close are Greddy, Comptech, Vortech and Science of Speed, none of which have the potential & expandability of his kit.

If you are doing your own welding, tuning, are cleaning out the engine bay anyway...... Then you might be better off buying someone else's tuner kit.

This all being said, I am definatly not saying that this is the right kit for everyone, but I can assure you from experience that most of us that have made change after change to their kits to make them fit better, be more reliable and make more power would have spent a LOT less money if we would have bought Mase's kit first.

Quick Reply: Mase Engineering S2000 Turbo Kit