S2000 Forced Induction S2000 Turbocharging and S2000 supercharging, for that extra kick.

My Turbo/Motec Build

Old 03-29-2019, 05:47 PM

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Congrats on the features and press. Keep up the good work and really impressive numbers.
Old 03-29-2019, 06:36 PM

Received 65 Likes on 53 Posts

I vote for 2JZLOL license plate
Old 04-01-2019, 04:51 AM

Received 61 Likes on 44 Posts

Originally Posted by f4uh8trs
Congrats on the features and press. Keep up the good work and really impressive numbers.
Thanks!
Old 04-01-2019, 08:41 AM

Received 74 Likes on 65 Posts

dope! just watched the vid!
Old 04-04-2019, 10:40 AM

Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts

Saw the vid pop up on FB, had to login to peep the thread. Car is an absolute monster, great work Stuart, has to feel good when it all comes together!
Old 04-05-2019, 04:34 AM

Originally Posted by illestrolla
Saw the vid pop up on FB, had to login to peep the thread. Car is an absolute monster, great work Stuart, has to feel good when it all comes together!
Hard to explain the relief haha. Thank you.
Old 04-05-2019, 05:11 AM

Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by hatrickstu
Hard to explain the relief haha. Thank you.
Can only imagine, man. The culmination of all the money, hard work, sweat and tears is really what makes doing what we do worth it, and my build is small fries compared to what you've got goin on down there.

Stoked to see how the rest of the season pans out for you and the car.

That sequential is straight sex, I don't even want to lookup the cost, but if I find 20K buried in my back yard, maybe I will
Old 04-05-2019, 05:37 AM

Received 108 Likes on 89 Posts

Looks the business but one question, why are you so aggressive with the shifter when doing a run?
Old 04-05-2019, 06:49 AM

Originally Posted by illestrolla
Can only imagine, man. The culmination of all the money, hard work, sweat and tears is really what makes doing what we do worth it, and my build is small fries compared to what you've got goin on down there.

Stoked to see how the rest of the season pans out for you and the car.

That sequential is straight sex, I don't even want to lookup the cost, but if I find 20K buried in my back yard, maybe I will
You can get into it for under $15k. I totally understand someone not being able to justify it for a mostly street car with minor track time. Mine is kind of the opposite so it makes sense!

Originally Posted by johnckeen
Looks the business but one question, why are you so aggressive with the shifter when doing a run?
Couple reasons. First is I grew up racing cars with synchro boxes, shifting them hard and fast was always crucial for shift speed and keeping in boost. Sometimes if you just shifted it soft it simply would grind and kick you out. Shift it hard, and it would grind... but at least go in. Once I got this car turbo'd it was still on a synchro box. We had a shift cut set up in the Motec, but keeping the car in boost and not being too hard on the engine meant shifting it fast so it wasn't on the cut for longer than it needed to be. Now with this trans we are using a strain gauge. It requires "x" amount of force to trigger the cut. If you set it up to cut with very little force there is a chance the trans still won't engage. If you set it up to where it requires a decent amount of force the trans basically can't not shift. So that is how we have it.
Old 04-07-2019, 11:13 AM

Received 51 Likes on 44 Posts

Originally Posted by hatrickstu
Couple reasons. First is I grew up racing cars with synchro boxes, shifting them hard and fast was always crucial for shift speed and keeping in boost. Sometimes if you just shifted it soft it simply would grind and kick you out. Shift it hard, and it would grind... but at least go in. Once I got this car turbo'd it was still on a synchro box. We had a shift cut set up in the Motec, but keeping the car in boost and not being too hard on the engine meant shifting it fast so it wasn't on the cut for longer than it needed to be. Now with this trans we are using a strain gauge. It requires "x" amount of force to trigger the cut. If you set it up to cut with very little force there is a chance the trans still won't engage. If you set it up to where it requires a decent amount of force the trans basically can't not shift. So that is how we have it.
By synchro did you mean dog gear, in which case you meant non-synchro? Your sequential dog-gear gearbox connected to a Motec ECU is one of the most sophisticated setups on any S2k on the forum. Do you have the full clutchless auto-blip downshifts and clutchless WOT upshifts configured? I imagine your not using it, but doesn't it also have a builtin oil pump for cooling?

Quick Reply: My Turbo/Motec Build