S2000 Forced Induction S2000 Turbocharging and S2000 supercharging, for that extra kick.

New Turbo and EMS owners

Old 06-14-2005, 06:13 PM
Former Moderator

Received 287 Likes on 266 Posts
Default New Turbo and EMS owners

(Originally posted by kane.s2k)

REMEMBER TO GET IT TUNED! The map that's included with the kit is for you to safety drive to the tuner. Not putt around town showing off to ur friends. I keep reading posts and noticed a few of you thinking it's really just plug and play.

AFTER YOU FINISH INSTALLING: Check for leaks and that everything is good, drive with low load/acceleration to the tuner, double check for leaks, get it tuned, check for problems while tunning, and then have fun home.

Kits like the Ultimate-Racing kit got a bad rep solely because a lot of people mistakenly thought they could drive around with the basemap on there and then their motors blew up a month later.

A few hours at the tuner and a couple hundred is not even remotely close to the cost of a new motor or how much you'll be missing out on a properly driving turbo experience.

Another note...a lot of people I've talked to have been going to tuners who have no experience with actual tunning and even less with an S2000. They have a dyno and just push buttons. A lot of maps and etc people have gotten have had parameters that are just absolutely FUBAR. I'm surprised some of theirs actually can be driven to be honest. So do some research and find a shop that actually has a clue. It's worth the extra drive so you dont have to do it again. Sometimes the prices that the inexperienced shops have seem really too good to pass up and people go with them...well those prices are usually cheap for a reason so just keep an eye out.

Due to the recent Lovefab kit popularity this post is being stickied to the top of the FI forum.

This was taken from another post. It's good advice that shouldn't be taken lightly.

Slow

I've edited the topic title to cover ALL turbo owners.
Old 06-14-2005, 08:01 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

It goes for any turbo setup with a programmable engine management really. A couple of minutes or hours of easy driving to the tuner really wont hurt you as much as you think!

btw, thanks for sticky-ing this!
Old 06-15-2005, 08:39 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Yes, thanks for stickying! We cleaned up a few more things on the basemap last night, ie, went a little more aggressive on the tune(and touched up the idle), so its VERY important to get things checked out before you ROMP on the throttle.
Other than that, Im about to click 10,000 miles with a few track days and a huge road trip under my belt. We probably picked up another 30whp with the new tune, and the car likes it even more!
Old 06-18-2005, 05:49 AM

Originally Posted by Tinker219,Jun 15 2005, 08:39 PM
Yes, thanks for stickying! We cleaned up a few more things on the basemap last night, ie, went a little more aggressive on the tune(and touched up the idle), so its VERY important to get things checked out before you ROMP on the throttle.
Other than that, Im about to click 10,000 miles with a few track days and a huge road trip under my belt. We probably picked up another 30whp with the new tune, and the car likes it even more!
Man Cody stop torchering me and send that thing out to me
Old 08-10-2005, 04:36 AM

http://www.lovefab.com/cody/Codys%20...uego.V1.11.cal

is whats running my car at the present moment. AEM UEGO sync'd with the EMS, so if youre running w/out the UEGO, youll be changing some things. Might be a good start for some people!
The following users liked this post:
jfd003 (03-14-2019)
Old 08-10-2005, 02:35 PM
Former Moderator

Received 287 Likes on 266 Posts

Thanks Cody
Old 11-07-2005, 01:45 PM

I have two questions about being turbo'ed and having the EMS...

1. I understand that you don't need a boost controller if you have the EMS. But how do you go about increasing or decreasing the boost.

2. Do you still need a turbo timer or is that integrated into the EMS as well??

Thanks for the help

Jason
Old 11-14-2005, 06:44 PM

Up
Old 11-15-2005, 04:16 AM

Ive never looked into the turbo timer option, but our kits come with water-cooled Garrett GT series ball bearing turbos; this means, its effectively a STOCK CAR. How many WRX's have turbo timers from the factory? Just make sure that if you beat on the car, dont just shut it off with a cherry-red turbo.

For boost controlling options, you must get the GM boost control selenoid and pigtail harness, THEN have it tuned. We offer no provisions other than selling the required parts, so its up to your tuner to have this done.
Otherwise, just run on the wastegate, or get a simpler-to-use boost controller(and make sure youre tuned for it!!!).
Old 11-15-2005, 06:17 AM

Originally Posted by Tinker219,Nov 15 2005, 08:16 AM
Ive never looked into the turbo timer option, but our kits come with water-cooled Garrett GT series ball bearing turbos; this means, its effectively a STOCK CAR. How many WRX's have turbo timers from the factory? Just make sure that if you beat on the car, dont just shut it off with a cherry-red turbo.

For boost controlling options, you must get the GM boost control selenoid and pigtail harness, THEN have it tuned. We offer no provisions other than selling the required parts, so its up to your tuner to have this done.
Otherwise, just run on the wastegate, or get a simpler-to-use boost controller(and make sure youre tuned for it!!!).
Cody, what do you use to control the boost? The AEM or the hardware? And what is your boost set at when you ship your kit out?

Quick Reply: New Turbo and EMS owners