S2000 Forced Induction S2000 Turbocharging and S2000 supercharging, for that extra kick.

PTuning Turbo Kit FAQ Thread

Old 06-13-2019, 09:47 AM

Received 24 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally Posted by s2000442
Do yourself a favor and shave 1/8 inch of each end of the motor mount bushings. Huge difference in vibration
I did that right away. Installed the PTuning motor mount a few months back when I swapped out the clutch. I cut off 1/8" from each half of the mount insert and drilled some holes. Still getting a lot of vibrations, but its better than what it was. Also swapped out the driver's side motor mount that was totally shot, to an eBay mount, so maybe that one is stiffer than an OEM mount.
Old 06-23-2019, 06:52 PM

Just wanted to share my boost creep experience with this PTuning turbo kit. I have everything installed and running on my 2005 S2k. My tuner was only able to spend a little bit of time with it on the dyno, so its very conservative, just so I can drive the car while he is unavailable. On his Mustang dyno, it made 380whp on waste gate boost. I chose the GTX3576 turbo, and it holds 7-8psi to redline in 4th gear. I haven't tried 5th or 6th gear yet, but it does NOT creep at all through 4th gear. I opted for the newest version of the Turbosmart WG, which is the Gen V instead of the Gen IV. The 2.25" restrictor is installed, and my exhaust is only 2.5". Not sure if its the restrictions in the exhaust, the tune, or maybe the newest style WG, but it has no boost creep. I am tempted to remove the restrictor disk and see what happens, but also don't want to deal with the possibility of creeping or spiking boost. After it goes back on the dyno to complete the tune, the restrictor will probably be removed.
Old 06-24-2019, 05:05 AM

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by treimche
Just wanted to share my boost creep experience with this PTuning turbo kit. I have everything installed and running on my 2005 S2k. My tuner was only able to spend a little bit of time with it on the dyno, so its very conservative, just so I can drive the car while he is unavailable. On his Mustang dyno, it made 380whp on waste gate boost. I chose the GTX3576 turbo, and it holds 7-8psi to redline in 4th gear. I haven't tried 5th or 6th gear yet, but it does NOT creep at all through 4th gear. I opted for the newest version of the Turbosmart WG, which is the Gen V instead of the Gen IV. The 2.25" restrictor is installed, and my exhaust is only 2.5". Not sure if its the restrictions in the exhaust, the tune, or maybe the newest style WG, but it has no boost creep. I am tempted to remove the restrictor disk and see what happens, but also don't want to deal with the possibility of creeping or spiking boost. After it goes back on the dyno to complete the tune, the restrictor will probably be removed.
It is definitely your exhaust size combined with the restrictor plate. I too have the 3576 and of all the turbo selections, it creeps the worst from the info I've gathered. I have an extremely free flowing custom exhaust and before I found my fix, I was creeping to 17psi at around 600-6500rpms. With the restrictor, It held to 12 psi to redline.

If I were you, I'd remove the restrictor and see what that 2.5" exhaust gives you. Ultimately the fix is to make the system less efficient due to the poor wastegate placement for the manifold. You do that by restricting the exhaust side unfortunately. it's a trade off for the quick spool, good transient responce, and reduced heat.
Old 06-29-2019, 06:16 PM
Lex

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Apologies in advance for this dumb question, but is it difficult to install the kit yourself? From my reading, it seems to be a complete "bolt-on" turbo kit? I've installed the 1st gen KW SC kit and my current SOS SC kit myself, but I want to eventually go turbo and this kit is at the top of my list.
Old 06-29-2019, 11:35 PM

Received 72 Likes on 63 Posts

Originally Posted by Lex
Apologies in advance for this dumb question, but is it difficult to install the kit yourself? From my reading, it seems to be a complete "bolt-on" turbo kit? I've installed the 1st gen KW SC kit and my current SOS SC kit myself, but I want to eventually go turbo and this kit is at the top of my list.
Yes everything bolts up. If you can install a kw kit or a sos supercharger kit yourself you can install this turbo kit.
The following users liked this post:
Lex (07-03-2019)
Old 07-02-2019, 11:14 AM

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

I went from SOS S/C to Ptuning turbo. In comparison to the SOS kit, the Ptuning kit install is a little more difficult and time consuming. It probably took me at least 3 times as longer to install. The SOS instructions are way better as well. However, it is very well worth it though! After everything is installed and tuned, you'll be saying that you should have went with this kit in the first place, LOL.
The following users liked this post:
Lex (07-03-2019)
Old 07-02-2019, 12:17 PM

Received 71 Likes on 57 Posts

^^ hows the heat with the Ptuning
Old 07-02-2019, 07:36 PM

It is time consuming, and the instructions can be a bit vague since they aren't completely updated with all of the newest revisions to the turbo kit, but don't let the install steer you away from this turbo kit. The parts are all very very good quality and PTuning is also really helpful when you have any questions. These kits have been around a while and have even sparked enough demand to get PTuning to produce them again even after they were discontinued.
Old 07-03-2019, 06:33 AM
Lex

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Thanks for the info guys! That's positive news relating the potential to install myself. Upgrading to this kit is definitely in the plan for the future.
Old 07-10-2019, 06:07 PM

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Quad-Damage
^^ hows the heat with the Ptuning
Turbo is low mounted so heat is not much of an issue vs ones mounted high.

Quick Reply: PTuning Turbo Kit FAQ Thread