S2000 Forced Induction S2000 Turbocharging and S2000 supercharging, for that extra kick.

Retuned Today W/ Bigger FMIC

Old 01-18-2008, 02:44 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Spec_Ops2087,Jan 18 2008, 06:27 PM
Unfortunately, the filter placement is in a take 2 steps forward take 1 step back situation.

No doubt it will gain horsepower on a dyno where the hood is open but on a highway (30mph+) the original placement will be optimal as its essentially a cold air intake at speed.
I dont agree with that at all.

The raw exhaust still gets sucked back into the intake even at speed.
Old 01-18-2008, 09:11 PM

Received 18 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by mase1,Jan 18 2008, 06:44 PM
I dont agree with that at all.

The raw exhaust still gets sucked back into the intake even at speed.
Look up PRM intake and heatsoak just for an example as that intake sucks in air at the same exact spot. The position is perfect for a dyno run but for actual driving, its less then optimal.

As for the stock placement, I'm not sure how the other IP kits are, but my dump tube is back near the end of my transmission. Please explain to me how on earth the exhaust gases are going to travel ~2-3 feet AGAINST highway wind to be sucked into my intake filter?
Old 01-18-2008, 09:51 PM

heat soaking has much more to do with than just intake placement. That is a whole seperate issue not even related to this.

I did extensive testing years ago on intake placement on turbo cars. Taking many different measurements ambient and charged temps. The only placement that had any true effect on intake temps if it was if the intake was not in the engine bay. Having an efficient intercooler made much more of a difference between actual intake temps than where the intake was placed.

whats more. the original placement which is near the oem spot for the oil filter right off the turbo, is def not any more optimal than where the original owner then placed the filter behind the radiator.

As far as wastegate dump placement, the original owner was talking about IP's wastegate dump placement. I have no idea what kit you are running, much less your dump. The fact of the matter is, with this vehicle, the turbo was sucking the exhaust back into the intake, on the dyno, and on the road.

But yes, if your dump is down and under the oil pan pointing towards the back of the car, that is an idea placement.
Old 01-19-2008, 07:12 AM

Received 18 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by mase1,Jan 19 2008, 01:51 AM
As far as wastegate dump placement, the original owner was talking about IP's wastegate dump placement. I have no idea what kit you are running, much less your dump. The fact of the matter is, with this vehicle, the turbo was sucking the exhaust back into the intake, on the dyno, and on the road.

But yes, if your dump is down and under the oil pan pointing towards the back of the car, that is an idea placement.
Maybe he had an older kit and I had the newer version because my dump tube was straight from IP when I got my turbo installed?

I'm curious now
Old 01-25-2008, 09:53 AM

Mase, we're bring the custom inline pro s2k (pwr water/air setup) down to you next month. I'll bring the integra to. Hopefully we can see some gains like Airbornes2k cause the local boys around here are already hating on us for taking our cars out of town to be tuned lol