S2000 Forced Induction S2000 Turbocharging and S2000 supercharging, for that extra kick.

ScienceofSpeed Supercharger System Updates

Old 04-28-2009, 10:42 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Ohh I was thinking that it was an additional tuning device instead of using something like AEM or Kpro. Kind of like a locked map for both stage 1 and 2 kits.
Old 04-29-2009, 04:42 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Chris@SoS,Apr 27 2009, 07:06 PM

-Most notable is the ScienceofSpeed FVM (Fuel VTEC MAP) Controller included in all stage 1 systems for 2000-05.

-and the required MAP sensor voltage control.

-All customers from the initial introductory sale to present have been upgraded to the FVM Controller at no additional charge.
So do we have to buy this MAP sensor voltage control or is it supplied?

Did this bump up whp numbers in stage one setup?

ps Im real excited about this FVM....mmm lowered vtec and 40 more lbs of tq
Old 04-29-2009, 04:45 AM

Also with the vtec being lowerd, are these systems going to be able to make better power from exhaust systems?
Old 04-29-2009, 04:53 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

how easily can this be installed? can someone w/ limited mechanical exp install a stage 1 kit? Perhaps install and then bring to a tuner to tune/check over /ect
Old 04-29-2009, 05:03 AM

Originally Posted by MasterForce,Apr 29 2009, 12:45 AM
HAH!!! i knew it!!! SOS sgt 1 is like KW hi boost!!! well that its!!! Chris it seems your post definately convinced me with the SOS stg one!!! ill be ordering mine in a month or so
hehe, pretty much settled me too but it'll take me longer since I want to get my clutch upgraded first... So I'm probably 4-6 months away.
Old 04-29-2009, 05:10 AM

Originally Posted by josserman,Apr 29 2009, 07:53 AM
how easily can this be installed? can someone w/ limited mechanical exp install a stage 1 kit? Perhaps install and then bring to a tuner to tune/check over /ect
From everything I've read it's the easiest to install kit out there. You will probably want an upgraded clutch first.

You'll also need a crank pulley removal tool, you can get a decent one from amazon.com fairly cheap. It's a PITA to get that pulley off, you'll also need a good long breaker bar or metal pipe to get enough leverage to get it off.

You'll need a decent ratchet set, a good torque wrench (possibly two), crank pulley tool, screwdrivers never hurt, breaker bar, and probably some odds and ends. I think the instructions are on SOS's website if you want to look at it.

To make it as simple as possible I'd recommend getting the option that doesn't require you to tap into the engine oil for lubrication.
Old 04-29-2009, 08:02 AM
Former Sponsor

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by CourageOO7,Apr 28 2009, 06:07 PM
AGREED! When the time comes, I would like to be able to switch over to the 1200 instead of having to buy a whole new system.

SOS, I suspect if you sold an adapter plate to convert the old Comptech setups to the 1200 you might clean up because there are a LOT of us out here.

Please consider? If it's possible, how much would you charge for the piece plus the new bushings and trick tensioner.
We made a couple of these for another customer. It allows you to install a 1200/1220 to a Comptech setup. It may not be used with an SL compressor as the angle of the Comptech kit is not compatible with the SL. We have three available for $200.00 each. Please drop us an e-mail or give us a call if interested.

regards,
-- Chris
Old 04-29-2009, 08:05 AM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by spicyhands,Apr 29 2009, 05:42 AM
So do we have to buy this MAP sensor voltage control or is it supplied?

Did this bump up whp numbers in stage one setup?

ps Im real excited about this FVM....mmm lowered vtec and 40 more lbs of tq
The ScienceofSpeed FVM Controller is included in all standard 2000-05 supercharger kits.

regards,
-- Chris
Old 04-29-2009, 08:11 AM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by josserman,Apr 29 2009, 05:53 AM
We've designed this system to be extremely easy to install with a very well documented installation guide. Only common hand tools are required (with the exception of the crank pulley tool that is discussed previously). The installation guide for example is 34 pg long with detailed photos of each step. It is the most thorough installation guide I have seen with any of the systems available.

Cheers,
-- Chris
Old 04-29-2009, 08:13 AM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by stitos2k,Apr 29 2009, 06:10 AM
From everything I've read it's the easiest to install kit out there. You will probably want an upgraded clutch first.

You'll also need a crank pulley removal tool, you can get a decent one from amazon.com fairly cheap. It's a PITA to get that pulley off, you'll also need a good long breaker bar or metal pipe to get enough leverage to get it off.

You'll need a decent ratchet set, a good torque wrench (possibly two), crank pulley tool, screwdrivers never hurt, breaker bar, and probably some odds and ends. I think the instructions are on SOS's website if you want to look at it.

To make it as simple as possible I'd recommend getting the option that doesn't require you to tap into the engine oil for lubrication.
Thank you for the comments.

The oil pan does not need to be tapped. The drain plug is removed and replaced with a fitting.

Cheers,
-- Chris

Quick Reply: ScienceofSpeed Supercharger System Updates