S2000 Forced Induction S2000 Turbocharging and S2000 supercharging, for that extra kick.

Supercharged exhaust options

Old 02-17-2015, 06:37 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm in for results on this thread. I was aiming for the T1R but I'm hearing some stories.
Old 02-17-2015, 07:34 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by KaNgArOo
Originally Posted by Habitforming' timestamp='1424212231' post='23509579
[quote name='KaNgArOo' timestamp='1424210961' post='23509555']
Single 3" will always make more power.
This is what I was trying to avoid in this thread... Do you have your own data to prove it? How much more power?

There is a guy on here with 500whp s/c going through the stock, unmodified exhaust on just a slightly larger blower than mine (at more PSI though). Clearly the OEM exhaust has pretty good capability.

Glad you asked. Actually i do have proof, and first hand experience.

https://www.s2ki.com/...ged-s2000-dyno/

While yes, the stock exhaust does flow well, but a 3" single will always make more power. So if you can make 500whp on the stock exhaust, without switching anything other than the exhaust system, i'll bet you make more whp.
[/quote]

Great, thank you! That's what I'm after.
Old 02-17-2015, 08:17 PM
Former Sponsor

Received 38 Likes on 30 Posts

New kraftwerks kit guy tuned at evans made like 405 or so on stock exhaust. Switched to 70mm single and made 395 or so. It was at a lower boost level as the larger exhaust will usually lower psi.
Seems larger exhausts are more efficient with sc setups however usually make a little less power due to the pressure drop. Get back up to same psi as before and you'll be making more at same psi level.
Old 02-17-2015, 09:03 PM

Originally Posted by Moddiction
New kraftwerks kit guy tuned at evans made like 405 or so on stock exhaust. Switched to 70mm single and made 395 or so. It was at a lower boost level as the larger exhaust will usually lower psi.
Seems larger exhausts are more efficient with sc setups however usually make a little less power due to the pressure drop. Get back up to same psi as before and you'll be making more at same psi level.
Damn, that tells me pretty much all I need to know to make my decision Thanks!
Old 02-18-2015, 04:38 AM
Former Sponsor

I recently switched from 70mm dual to stock exhaust with test pipe. Before highest boost I ever saw on street was 13.9. After I saw 14.7 a couple of times so looks like it increased boost for me as well.
Old 02-18-2015, 06:04 AM

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

I have the Q300 and hated it. Loud and raspy. I added the vibrant resonator and it cut the rasp back maybe 90% and it doesn't drone. Its still loud but not nearly as bad as before. It went from hating the exhaust to finding it acceptable and growing to like it. My friends saw it sounds similar to a porsche but Im not sure about that.

Anyway, I'm installing my KW kit this weekend, Ill let you know my numbers and what it sounds like post install.
Old 02-18-2015, 06:17 AM

Originally Posted by poop-dog
I have the Q300 and hated it. Loud and raspy. I added the vibrant resonator and it cut the rasp back maybe 90% and it doesn't drone. Its still loud but not nearly as bad as before. It went from hating the exhaust to finding it acceptable and growing to like it. My friends saw it sounds similar to a porsche but Im not sure about that.

Anyway, I'm installing my KW kit this weekend, Ill let you know my numbers and what it sounds like post install.
That's interesting. I installed the Q300 at the same time as the s/c, so I don't know what it sounded like without boost. But I have zero rasp, it's just rather loud at WOT and very very loud drone at about 55mph in 6th. You can't hardly talk over it at certain speeds. The WOT sound I can learn to love, but not the drone.

Did you replace the original resonator with the Vibrant, or add it in as well? Also, did you have stock cat, HFC, or test pipe?
Old 02-18-2015, 06:21 AM
Former Sponsor

Q300 with test pipe will be quite raspy. With stock or HFC it won't be usually.
Old 02-18-2015, 06:26 AM

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

I have the Invidia 70mm tp as well. No drone, esp at 55mph. The vibrant was added in, it didn't replace the one already there.
Old 02-18-2015, 06:28 AM

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

For your reference, I had a similar exhaust setup back when I was N/A... Berk 70mm HFC into Invidia Q300 dual. I found it to be very loud at WOT and drone annoyingly in that 3-4k range. So basically your exact complaints. A 70mm Invidia test pipe got rid of the drone for the most part but introduced rasp in that area and made it overall even louder. The stock cat quieted down things a bit but it still droned in the 3-4k range (though not quite as loudly as with the Berk HFC.

I ended up selling the exhaust because I couldn't take the volume/drone/rasp of any of the setups that I tried.

My educated guess is that if you took the SC out of the equation the exhaust volume/drone would be exactly the same on your car as it is now.

I ran the stock exhaust with a 63.5mm test pipe the entire time I was SC'd. I never "felt" like I was sacrificing much if any power, though I have no numbers/proof to back that statement up. But when it comes to loud exhausts, I'm the 90 y/o man yelling "GET OFF MY LAWN" so I didn't mind one bit if it was sacrificing a few HP. I just can't take a loud exhaust anymore.

Quick Reply: Supercharged exhaust options