S2000 Forced Induction S2000 Turbocharging and S2000 supercharging, for that extra kick.

The Ultimate GReddy Turbo Kit Thread

Old 03-30-2011, 09:27 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'll be building up my greddy kit in the following weeks when i recieve my missing parts..

A ( incomplete ) picture:
Name:  turbostuff.jpg
Views: 58
Size:  100.2 KB

I have:

-Used greddy kit ( low miles )

extra's:

-AEM dry flow filter
-AEM UEGO
-Autometer boost 3376 gauge
-NGK Iridium IX BKR8EIX 2668 Spark Plugs

Questions:
1: I did found out that the previous owner used the "angled" type of fuel filter on the Walbro.. I SHOULD use a NEW OEM horizontal filter right?
2: I'm looking where to correctly place the UEGO wideband bung... The UEGO manual is not really clear about this.. My intentions is to place the UEGO bung right next to the original bung at the greddy downpipe.. slightly mounted upwards
3: engine oil... 10w40 be any good?

I live in the netherlands.. the climate here will be mostly between 35F and 78F

Hope someone can chime in on my questions!
Old 03-30-2011, 03:27 PM

Congrats on the kit Nyther.

^^^ I have similar questions as I am contemplating on picking up a kit as well.

- Does the Greddy downpipe have an extra bung for the wide band sensor? or does it need to be added?

- Are there any torque specs given with this kit? I'm assuming manifold goes with OEM spec, but how about the oil pan adapter and other pieces?

- Any other tips or hints with installing the entire kit? I've been looking for an install thread, but haven't found any with deep details including pictures. Just want to get a feel for what is involved (Yes, I have read the PDF off of the Greddy site).

- Anybody out there running stock cat and exhaust on the Emanage base map with gripes? problems? overheating? I don't have any REAL power goals, just want a little more umphh than factory. Just probably going to add a BOV.

Thanks for any help.
Old 03-30-2011, 03:40 PM

i remember seeing someone had a diy of moving the harnesses and fitting the driver side panel back on? anyone have the link to it or remember where it was? thanks
Old 03-30-2011, 03:45 PM

Received 95 Likes on 64 Posts

Originally Posted by Nyther
I'll be building up my greddy kit in the following weeks when i recieve my missing parts..

A ( incomplete ) picture:

I have:

-Used greddy kit ( low miles )

extra's:

-AEM dry flow filter
-AEM UEGO
-Autometer boost 3376 gauge
-NGK Iridium IX BKR8EIX 2668 Spark Plugs

Questions:
1: I did found out that the previous owner used the "angled" type of fuel filter on the Walbro.. I SHOULD use a NEW OEM horizontal filter right?
2: I'm looking where to correctly place the UEGO wideband bung... The UEGO manual is not really clear about this.. My intentions is to place the UEGO bung right next to the original bung at the greddy downpipe.. slightly mounted upwards
3: engine oil... 10w40 be any good?

I live in the netherlands.. the climate here will be mostly between 35F and 78F

Hope someone can chime in on my questions!
1. You can buy a flat type from walbro or use an OEM flat filter.
2. Do a search on wideband bungs and look for pictures. I had mine on the cat, right after the collector.
3. Seems cold where you live…don’t quote me on this, but 10w40 seems like it should be fine.

Originally Posted by s2kS0L
Congrats on the kit Nyther.

^^^ I have similar questions as I am contemplating on picking up a kit as well.

- Does the Greddy downpipe have an extra bung for the wide band sensor? or does it need to be added?

- Are there any torque specs given with this kit? I'm assuming manifold goes with OEM spec, but how about the oil pan adapter and other pieces?

- Any other tips or hints with installing the entire kit? I've been looking for an install thread, but haven't found any with deep details including pictures. Just want to get a feel for what is involved (Yes, I have read the PDF off of the Greddy site).

- Anybody out there running stock cat and exhaust on the Emanage base map with gripes? problems? overheating? I don't have any REAL power goals, just want a little more umphh than factory. Just probably going to add a BOV.

Thanks for any help.
No extra bung, you have to add one.
No torque specs, most stuff replaces OEM parts, so use oem specs. For other stuff, use your best judgement and don’t overtighten. It’s ‘supposed’ to be installed by a professional, so they would have a good idea.
Old 03-30-2011, 03:47 PM

Originally Posted by chViETnk
i remember seeing someone had a diy of moving the harnesses and fitting the driver side panel back on? anyone have the link to it or remember where it was? thanks
there was one member who tucked the majority of the harness behind the ECU. Had to unbolt it first of course, then bolt it back up after tucking it away. I've tried this and had very little patience to make it work--the area is such a tight fit. Good luck though!
Old 03-30-2011, 03:52 PM

Originally Posted by Chris_Lum
Originally Posted by chViETnk' timestamp='1301528448' post='20413798
there was one member who tucked the majority of the harness behind the ECU. Had to unbolt it first of course, then bolt it back up after tucking it away. I've tried this and had very little patience to make it work--the area is such a tight fit. Good luck though!
i believe that is what i was referring to. he had a diy with pictures n everything of what to move, etc but i cant seem to find it. ive been driving with the panel off for the longest time and finally have some free time but i cant find it lol
Old 03-30-2011, 08:26 PM

Originally Posted by chViETnk
Originally Posted by Chris_Lum' timestamp='1301528844' post='20413825
[quote name='chViETnk' timestamp='1301528448' post='20413798']
i believe that is what i was referring to. he had a diy with pictures n everything of what to move, etc but i cant seem to find it. ive been driving with the panel off for the longest time and finally have some free time but i cant find it lol
[/quote]

here you go: https://www.s2ki.com/s2000/topic/559...turbo-install/

but the pics are gone.... Kix (Richard) doesn't own an s2000 anymore and hardly comes on the site, but you might be able to PM or email him for pictures.
Old 03-30-2011, 08:39 PM

I have a question regarding a replacement turbo.
would my ap2 manifold + used ap1 turbo + used ap1 downpipe work?
if these parts fit, would i need to get the car tuned?
Old 03-30-2011, 09:00 PM

Originally Posted by yb4u
I have a question regarding a replacement turbo.
would my ap2 manifold + used ap1 turbo + used ap1 downpipe work?
if these parts fit, would i need to get the car tuned?
yes it will work b/c there is absolutely no difference between the manifold/turbo/downpipe in any of the greddy kits for the s2000. you should always get your car tuned.
Old 03-31-2011, 09:53 AM

Isnt ap1 kit 8cm and ap2 10cm? So it will work. And i meant do i have to get it tuned right away sorry
Thanks for the info chris

Quick Reply: The Ultimate GReddy Turbo Kit Thread