S2000 Forced Induction S2000 Turbocharging and S2000 supercharging, for that extra kick.

The Ultimate GReddy Turbo Kit Thread

Old 03-31-2011, 03:10 PM

Received 95 Likes on 64 Posts

Originally Posted by yb4u
Isnt ap1 kit 8cm and ap2 10cm? So it will work. And i meant do i have to get it tuned right away sorry
Thanks for the info chris
there is no difference in the turbos used, they are the same. you can drive around on the basemap, but it should be tuned asap.
Old 04-06-2011, 10:08 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i put my greddy kit on last summer its my first year storing it over winter. so is it ok to just charge up the battery and start it up? any tips on first start up of spring? i just want to be safe thats all.
Old 04-06-2011, 10:35 PM

Originally Posted by amusepanda
i put my greddy kit on last summer its my first year storing it over winter. so is it ok to just charge up the battery and start it up? any tips on first start up of spring? i just want to be safe thats all.
If you want to be super safe you could always pull the fuel pump fuse and crank the engine a couple of times to build up oil pressure before firing her up
Old 04-07-2011, 03:11 AM

anyone having idle problems with their greddy kit? sometimes my idle bounces up and down(to the point where the car is about to stall, car is shaking) even after it is warmed up but it does not happen all the time. sometimes the idle drops so low that the car just dies out.
Old 04-08-2011, 03:37 PM

Perhaps its old news but i noticed greddy is in development on a upgrade to the kit?

http://www.greddy.com/products/turbo...er-turbo-kits/

Hope to see that coming soon! Anyone got some more info?
Old 04-09-2011, 04:45 AM

ok i have 2 questions, i just had my greddy kit done, and when starting, it acts as if it is being starved for fuel, it takes about 10sec of the starter rotating before it will go, and when it does finaly start for about 30sec the wideband will read that it is way lean, then it will even out, is it a tune issue, or what? also i bought the reccommended NGK iridium 9's but they were pre-gapped at .025, is this right? i thought it should be at .039-.043 but a asked a local speed shop and they said "thats right, and your stock plugs will be a very bad choice for that turbo" any help would be great thanks
Old 04-09-2011, 05:12 AM

Originally Posted by jermocaleb
ok i have 2 questions, i just had my greddy kit done, and when starting, it acts as if it is being starved for fuel, it takes about 10sec of the starter rotating before it will go, and when it does finaly start for about 30sec the wideband will read that it is way lean, then it will even out, is it a tune issue, or what? also i bought the reccommended NGK iridium 9's but they were pre-gapped at .025, is this right? i thought it should be at .039-.043 but a asked a local speed shop and they said "thats right, and your stock plugs will be a very bad choice for that turbo" any help would be great thanks
9-range plugs are 2 steps colder... You need ONE step colder. So a 8-range would be needed.

I Have no idea if that is also the cause of your problem..
Old 04-09-2011, 07:09 AM

Got some questions:

1: Does ANYONE know HOWMUCH a turbo wil quieten the sound of the exhaust?
2: i'm looking into the Berk 3" headerback but i DON't want anything invidia LOUD.. i've headed some N/A soundclips of this baby and its earbleading
2: will a 60mm testpipe/ stock exhaust hurt performance much? what should i be expecting? Im going to PORT the wastegate a lil bigger also!
Old 04-09-2011, 08:05 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have this kit and the invidia... my car can be as quiet as a mouse while cruising, or go ape shiz and have a really nice sound. I'll see if I can get some good vids while I'm at the track tomorrow.
Old 04-10-2011, 09:21 AM

Originally Posted by AFs2k
I have this kit and the invidia... my car can be as quiet as a mouse while cruising, or go ape shiz and have a really nice sound. I'll see if I can get some good vids while I'm at the track tomorrow.
yup same here. It's kind of suprising how quietthe car can be while just daily driving around town. My buddy has the same invida running no turbo and its way to loud

Quick Reply: The Ultimate GReddy Turbo Kit Thread