S2000 Forced Induction S2000 Turbocharging and S2000 supercharging, for that extra kick.

Want 500 hp and a smooth engaging clutch? We have your solution here!

Old 12-01-2016, 08:33 AM

Received 121 Likes on 97 Posts

I have been considering this clutch as I'm going the boosted route now, but if it's as hard to pay for through PayPal as the V-mount has been... coughwadeatsoscough
Old 12-22-2016, 08:48 PM
EOE

Received 62 Likes on 55 Posts

Originally Posted by s2000Junky
I think highly of your products, and know you Chris have been a player since the start, so I have always been a strong advocate for your company. But sharing my knowledge and experiences to the club ive been apart of for nearly a decade is what its about for me if it helps steer people in the right direction, otherwise what good am I. Ive run 2 of your sport clutches so 2 different sport clutch disc with your PP and 2 OEM disc on the last most current PP. Both supplied sport disc performed the same way, same pedal feel, so nothing related to lubrication, but they were grabby and chattered when going in reverse, and a rather surprising rapid wear rate. I never had any hence of slipping however, so they held fine. But the disc smelled regularly from normal driving around town with slightest of inclines where a little more slip modulation was needed in normal day to day use. Those disc are long gone so I couldn't pull one out to verify what you claim today, but I seem to recall the design and color of the friction material different then the OEM disc I had when comparing them back then after inspecting the first disc in dissatisfaction.

The other dissatisfying part was not being able to purchase your clutch separate from the PP/friction disc. At the time, the option was going with your new sport clutch or risking going with the Act PP/OEM disc with "crank walk" still in the forefront of our minds, So I didn't want to risk running the old ACT PP and opted for yours. I seem to recall on your website, or may have been speaking with you overt the phone (its been a wile) stating the friction disc were modified OEM? What was modified? Did you offer a different friction disc with your sport clutch when it first came out 7-8 some years ago when I purchased? And was it eventually revised to pure OEM?

2 out of 2 back to back, with then switching to OEM supplied Honda disc shaped my experience, and so I will continue to use your PP (which I think is great) when its time for a new clutch, but it will get another OEM disc. Im on the 3rd disc with the same/current SOS PP with a little over 100k on it. The Honda supplied OEM disc has been on for 80k+ of those miles and still good. I might consider a new Sport PP if you offered one when I get closer to 200k, but im not willing to try another one of the disc you pair with it, so that might put me into another option all together when that time comes.

Here is to the new Sport 400, look forward to the reviews
THIS. I've been boosted and driving with SOS clutch for years now and every single observation he just made was accurate. Engagement, chattering, and smell haha. Keep in mind that this is something I am living with on daily basis, and okay with. Do I wish those "issues" didn't exist? Definitely.

I still love SOS products so, back on topic and congrats on the new product, it looks great!

Last edited by EOE; 12-22-2016 at 09:00 PM.
Old 10-21-2017, 07:51 AM

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by EOE
THIS. I've been boosted and driving with SOS clutch for years now and every single observation he just made was accurate. Engagement, chattering, and smell haha. Keep in mind that this is something I am living with on daily basis, and okay with. Do I wish those "issues" didn't exist? Definitely.

I still love SOS products so, back on topic and congrats on the new product, it looks great!

Anyone running this clutch?
Old 10-23-2017, 07:02 PM

Received 26 Likes on 22 Posts

Originally Posted by s2000442
Anyone running this clutch?
I literally installed this clutch + a toda flywheel this past weekend. Need to finish putting everything back together and i will report back once it has some miles on it.
Old 11-24-2017, 11:25 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by R00567
I literally installed this clutch + a toda flywheel this past weekend. Need to finish putting everything back together and i will report back once it has some miles on it.
How is the clutch so far? Any clutch buzz?
Old 11-24-2017, 01:54 PM

Received 42 Likes on 37 Posts

Originally Posted by ATLRoAcH
How is the clutch so far? Any clutch buzz?
S2000442 just installed his...maybe he will have some insight as well...
https://www.s2ki.com/forums/s2000-fo.../#post24386024
Old 10-06-2018, 05:16 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

more info please!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! i am on the fence about this clutch or act pressure plate/oem disc. need input!
Old 10-06-2018, 05:32 PM

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by camuman
more info please!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! i am on the fence about this clutch or act pressure plate/oem disc. need input!
The original post literally links to SOS page with "For more information:"...
Old 10-06-2018, 05:41 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by snitm
The original post literally links to SOS page with "For more information:"...
I should have been more specific. I am looking for feedback of those that have installed this clutch The last few posts talked about using it and I'm hoping they can give their impressions of it. My bad.
Old 10-07-2018, 05:19 AM

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by camuman
I should have been more specific. I am looking for feedback of those that have installed this clutch The last few posts talked about using it and I'm hoping they can give their impressions of it. My bad.
​​​​​​I have driven a puck clutch and it’s like an on/off switch. Almost zero slip. This clutch is not as smooth and oem like an ACT OEM disc setup. The clutch does slip and has a smooth although short slip range that takes a little getting used to but it’s not bad. The clutch does buzz on decel somewhat but it’s a small price to pay for it’s holding capacity. The holding capacity likely comes from the segmented ceramic face on the disc which reduces its slip engagement somewhat. This clutch will hold more than the current ACT combo and is miles better than a puck. I don’t care what anybody says about a puck clutch. They are harsh on the trans, and you will hate driving the car in stop and go traffic.

This is a nice alternative for people wanting closer to 600whp with good driving characteristics.

Quick Reply: Want 500 hp and a smooth engaging clutch? We have your solution here!