S2000 Forced Induction S2000 Turbocharging and S2000 supercharging, for that extra kick.

Wich turbo kits is the best !?

Old 08-16-2013, 05:47 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by jst2878
Originally Posted by beaudin223' timestamp='1376594340' post='22726469
hi , im new here but i ave read a couple of topic on turbo kit and i ave made a list of think i want on a kit and a list of what i dont need but a couple seem to offert what i want but wich one choose ? i need a streetable setup wich mean for me 350 to 450 hp ( maybe less ) i need to keep A/C & Battery $ fusebox and the most important i need to keep my OEM engine mount ! i hate the noise and vibration make buy the Inovatime / hasport etc , the money is not the probleme a need a good dailydrive kit and some funs so wich take in this ?

- Fullrace
- SOS new turbo kit
- Pfab
- Greddy
- Ptunned
- Fullblown
- Trackforged
- Inline pro

i know this been alerdy answers but seem hard to find what i really looking for , any suggestion or input gona bee great thanks
I would highly suggest learning how to type English better. No reason why u can't do that first.
Im sorry i do the better i can because im french canadian from quebec canada , im not perfect bilingual so its hard for me
ill try to do better next time !

i was looking on the Ptunning kit with the Vband system is really nice because is low maintenance and easy to take off , but im worry about the engine mounts , i really hate when a sterring wheel make vibration and the car make noize , any1 got Ptuning kit and tell about the engine mounts ?

thanks and sorry for my poor english
Old 08-16-2013, 06:24 AM

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by beaudin223
Im sorry i do the better i can because im french canadian from quebec canada , im not perfect bilingual so its hard for me

Allow me to apologize for my American brethren. Sometimes we can be real dicks and forget (or ignore the fact) that people in other countries don't speak English as their only language.

If I were to buy a turbo kit right now, I would have many of the same requirements as you; don't want to do a ton of hacking to my car to relocate the battery or AC lines or fusebox, etc. And I would also want to remain on stock mounts because I've had aftermarket before and ended up not liking them. I know that no one has experience on the SOS kit yet, but it is such an attractive option that meets your requirements. It would be the one I would be looking at the hardest if I were in the looking mode right now.
Old 08-16-2013, 08:47 AM

Originally Posted by CoolGuy094
Originally Posted by beaudin223' timestamp='1376660827' post='22727730

Allow me to apologize for my American brethren. Sometimes we can be real dicks and forget (or ignore the fact) that people in other countries don't speak English as their only language.

If I were to buy a turbo kit right now, I would have many of the same requirements as you; don't want to do a ton of hacking to my car to relocate the battery or AC lines or fusebox, etc. And I would also want to remain on stock mounts because I've had aftermarket before and ended up not liking them. I know that no one has experience on the SOS kit yet, but it is such an attractive option that meets your requirements. It would be the one I would be looking at the hardest if I were in the looking mode right now.
thanks for the comments i think the SOS should meet what im looking for but is to new , i mean i would like something reliable they ave a couple of years of history to know if they reliable ! SOS looks a good product but ill wait before buy 1 , but i need to know if the Ptunning kit with the engine mounts are making noise and vibration , anyone ?
Old 08-16-2013, 08:53 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm in the same boat as you. I currently have a brand new Inlinepro stage 1 kit sitting in my room, but been contemplating on buying a full race pro street manifold so i can make more power.....decisions decisions.....

I know the InlinePro cast manifold will last forever. Hmmm......
Old 08-16-2013, 10:21 AM

o well is hard to know maybe wait couple of month to see SOS turbo kit if reliable , i really like the Ptunning with Vband but the god damn aftermarket engine support make me paranoid
Old 08-16-2013, 10:29 AM
Former Sponsor

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by beaudin223
Originally Posted by CoolGuy094' timestamp='1376663062' post='22727818
[quote name='beaudin223' timestamp='1376660827' post='22727730']

thanks for the comments i think the SOS should meet what im looking for but is to new , i mean i would like something reliable they ave a couple of years of history to know if they reliable ! SOS looks a good product but ill wait before buy 1 , but i need to know if the Ptunning kit with the engine mounts are making noise and vibration , anyone ?
[/quote]

We're in the process of testing a softer durometer motor mount bushing. The current motor mount will add some additional vibration, but is definitely not a deal breaker. You have to keep in mind that bone-stock S2000's will have factory motor mount failures over time. Adding our stiffer motor mount just helps to control engine movement when you're trying to double or triple the factory power output.

If you've had the innovative or hasport mount before, I can assure you that our engine mount is nowhere near that stiff. Again, we're able to run a softer durometer without sagging due to our custom anti-sag CNC machined inner bolt sleeve (not built from a round bar stock). There are many compromises that need to be made when you're building a set-up that's capable of making 450whp on pump gas. We've already eliminated the relocating, cutting, splcing, fabrication, heat soak, manifold cracking, etc. normally involved with a big HP build.

We have cars that have logged over 25-30K miles without issues. We've installed our turbo system on a car with 110K miles and the car is still on the same original engine without any mechanical issues.

- Toan
Old 08-16-2013, 10:51 AM

Originally Posted by Ptuning
Originally Posted by beaudin223' timestamp='1376671632' post='22728151
[quote name='CoolGuy094' timestamp='1376663062' post='22727818']
[quote name='beaudin223' timestamp='1376660827' post='22727730']

[/quote]

We're in the process of testing a softer durometer motor mount bushing. The current motor mount will add some additional vibration, but is definitely not a deal breaker. You have to keep in mind that bone-stock S2000's will have factory motor mount failures over time. Adding our stiffer motor mount just helps to control engine movement when you're trying to double or triple the factory power output.

If you've had the innovative or hasport mount before, I can assure you that our engine mount is nowhere near that stiff. Again, we're able to run a softer durometer without sagging due to our custom anti-sag CNC machined inner bolt sleeve (not built from a round bar stock). There are many compromises that need to be made when you're building a set-up that's capable of making 450whp on pump gas. We've already eliminated the relocating, cutting, splcing, fabrication, heat soak, manifold cracking, etc. normally involved with a big HP build.

We have cars that have logged over 25-30K miles without issues. We've installed our turbo system on a car with 110K miles and the car is still on the same original engine without any mechanical issues.

- Toan
[/quote]

i know what u mean whe need to do compromise when u need more HP but its my Daily drive so i cant drive 15 000 kilometer a years with the vibration in the steeringwheel / noise . the kit is perfect ! everything is good and i really like them ! i know is realiable and good product , maybe just wait to see the new eurethane you gona use in ur engine mounts , im gona take my time to buy one for sure ! thanks for your time
Old 08-16-2013, 11:03 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I get zero vibration in my steering wheel. You will notice it a tad in the rear view mirror but that's it... Can hardly feel it.
Old 08-16-2013, 11:26 AM
Former Sponsor

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by sata3000
I get zero vibration in my steering wheel. You will notice it a tad in the rear view mirror but that's it... Can hardly feel it.
Thank you Thomas. To the OP, that's unbiased opinion coming from one of our 25K+ mile owners. BTW, yeah, if you're referring to vibration through the steering wheel, you definitely won't get any of that.

- Toan
Old 08-16-2013, 02:10 PM

Received 16 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by sata3000
+1. I also have a Hasport motor mount on the driver's side along with PTuning's on the passenger side. No vibration in the steering wheel. Even the rearview mirror vibration seems to have improved over time.

Quick Reply: Wich turbo kits is the best !?