S2000 Meets and Events Post and plan your meets and events here. This is the place to find out what is going on in your area.

LET YOUR VOICES BE HEARD

Old 11-28-2005, 06:39 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default LET YOUR VOICES BE HEARD

To all of you have been fortunate to attend any Compact show at the Carlisle Fairgrounds know that this is the mecca of shows. Rumor has it that it is even better than NOPI Nationals. You also would know that for the past few years Carlisle Productions were stupid enough to move the show to various spots in Pa and Ohio. Well this year at SEMA a rep from Carlisle Productions hinted that the show would be back at the fairgrounds this year. To ensure the return to the promise land I encourage everyone to voice their opinion on the Carlisle Forum.

http://www.carlisleforums.com/

Then click on the "Modified Madness" link
Old 03-25-2006, 05:20 AM

Originally Posted by oompa611,Nov 28 2005, 10:39 AM
To all of you have been fortunate to attend any Compact show at the Carlisle Fairgrounds know that this is the mecca of shows. Rumor has it that it is even better than NOPI Nationals. You also would know that for the past few years Carlisle Productions were stupid enough to move the show to various spots in Pa and Ohio. Well this year at SEMA a rep from Carlisle Productions hinted that the show would be back at the fairgrounds this year. To ensure the return to the promise land I encourage everyone to voice their opinion on the Carlisle Forum.

http://www.carlisleforums.com/

Then click on the "Modified Madness" link
Yep, it's definitely back at Carlisle, noticed it was changed to Performance and Style a few months ago. We'll see if people can behave. I hope so, it's a great place to show. I've showed NOPI nats.. while it's huge and inside Atlanta Motor Speedway, it's no where near as laid back and comfortable as Carlisle Fairgrounds.

May 5th-7th http://carsatcarlisle.com/pands/index.asp

I'll be there this year. Usually I take the Shelby Z since the S is stock, but this year I think I'm gonna run the S out.

Holla!

Marc

(oompa, maybe the subject should have the show name in it, might get more attention)
Old 03-27-2006, 12:07 PM

true black, it may have. however, i am just happy that it is back at the fairgrounds. where are you staying at ???
Old 03-28-2006, 05:38 PM

Originally Posted by oompa611,Mar 27 2006, 04:07 PM
true black, it may have. however, i am just happy that it is back at the fairgrounds. where are you staying at ???
We're at the Super 8 a couple miles up the road.. not the best place, but almost everything was booked up unless we wanted to drive from Harrisburg or pay 150 a night.. just not worth it for place to crash. Plan on spending time on the show field and around town most of the time.

I'm going to take my S.. one of buddies will probably bring his bagged Nissan mini.. or his GF's Eclipse GSX.. who knows.. too many toys.

Where are you staying? Know of anyone else that's going?

--Marc
Old 03-29-2006, 11:50 AM

I AM STAYING AT THE SUPER 8 AS WELL ACROSS FROM THE MIDDLE SEX DINER. I AM BRINGING MY S, THERE IS A BOOSTED DEL SOL, AND MULTIPLE FORD FOCI COMING WITH US FROM THE PITTSBURGH FORD FOCUS CLUB.
Old 03-29-2006, 04:37 PM

Originally Posted by oompa611,Mar 29 2006, 03:50 PM
I AM STAYING AT THE SUPER 8 AS WELL ACROSS FROM THE MIDDLE SEX DINER. I AM BRINGING MY S, THERE IS A BOOSTED DEL SOL, AND MULTIPLE FORD FOCI COMING WITH US FROM THE PITTSBURGH FORD FOCUS CLUB.
Yep same one, that'll be cool! I have two buddies that are trying to finish their boosted LS motors for their civics, but we'll see how far they get by then. Both have their blocks prepped and ready.. who knows.

Planning on anything exciting in the evenings after the leaving the showfield? I don't think we've stayed at the Super8 in years, so I don't remember people hang out there or not. We try to do dinner in downtown carlisle to watch the cars cruise town at night.
Old 03-30-2006, 12:02 PM

WE JJST KINDA HANGOUT AT NIGHT. THE ONLY PLANS WE HAVE IS TO HAVE LUNCH FRIDAY AT THE SANDWICH MAN AND EAT SOMETIME AT THE MIDDLESEX DINER. THE WAITRESSES ARE SO YUMMY!!