S2000 Modifications and Parts Discussions about aftermarket products and parts including reviews, information and opinion.

anyone try LED conversion kit in high beam?

Old 10-09-2018, 09:46 AM
Sponsor

Received 21 Likes on 17 Posts

Originally Posted by Chuck S
Hard to tell the beam pattern down an alley. Projecting on a flat screen at 25 feet should show the pattern. Same light fixture just swap the bulbs. Fixture must remain fixed. Tough to do with a S2000 unless you can find a child to swap the bulbs.

-- Chuck
Are we looking at the same image? There is clearly a much farther reach to the beam pattern. Look at the in the house in the background at least 75 feet away. This is the same light fixture, in the same location. In this picture, the housings are not on the car so it is easily done.

AP1 and AP2 Clear Headlight Diffusers!!! - Clear out your S2000 headlights!
LED Conversions for all S2000 lights
Keyhole Covers - Get the Shaved look
Oil Drain Valve - Easiest Oil Change ever!
_________
For LEDs for your other cars, head to our new website: SupernovaLEDs.com. Same great quality, easy-to-use website. Pick your car, we'll show you what fits.
Old 10-09-2018, 10:32 AM

Received 1,166 Likes on 1,020 Posts

I would dearly love enhanced headlights in both my S2000 and new Ford Expedition but other than replacing the reflectors with projectors designed for LEDs or HIDs I've been able to find a solution for either, especially not the Honda, other than brighter halogens which retain the reflector's designed light pattern.

In the photos are the headlights mounted at the same height and orientation as in the car? Up/down angle will significantly change where the light goes. Loose lights sitting on a table (or wherever) in a non-level alley don't convince me of the practically of these bulbs in the S2000 reflector. A comparison of the beam patterns in the same reflector against a flat target will show where the light is going (or not going). White glare doesn't translate to down the road vision.

-- Chuck
Old 10-09-2018, 11:08 AM
Sponsor

Received 21 Likes on 17 Posts

Originally Posted by Chuck S
I would dearly love enhanced headlights in both my S2000 and new Ford Expedition but other than replacing the reflectors with projectors designed for LEDs or HIDs I've been able to find a solution for either, especially not the Honda, other than brighter halogens which retain the reflector's designed light pattern.

In the photos are the headlights mounted at the same height and orientation as in the car? Up/down angle will significantly change where the light goes. Loose lights sitting on a table (or wherever) in a non-level alley don't convince me of the practically of these bulbs in the S2000 reflector. A comparison of the beam patterns in the same reflector against a flat target will show where the light is going (or not going). White glare doesn't translate to down the road vision.

-- Chuck
Sorry you're not convinced. I've been doing HID retrofits, custom LED projects, and manufacturing LEDs for 10+ years now. I know what I'm talking about. Just don't have the time to do the wall tests at specified intervals of distances. Good luck with your search.

AP1 and AP2 Clear Headlight Diffusers!!! - Clear out your S2000 headlights!
LED Conversions for all S2000 lights
Keyhole Covers - Get the Shaved look
Oil Drain Valve - Easiest Oil Change ever!
_________
For LEDs for your other cars, head to our new website: SupernovaLEDs.com. Same great quality, easy-to-use website. Pick your car, we'll show you what fits.