S2000 Modifications and Parts Discussions about aftermarket products and parts including reviews, information and opinion.

Civic Type R Seats

Old 05-14-2018, 08:58 PM

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Civic Type R Seats

I been browsing around Honda parts now website and decided to check out civic type R parts and stumb upon the interior section. To my surprise the seat it itself and miscellaneous parts comes out to fairly decent price compare to s2000 seats. Anybody here tried installing Civic Type R seats into our vehicle? I might give them a try.

here is the link : https://www.hondapartsnow.com/parts-...iver-side.html
Old 05-14-2018, 11:20 PM

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

I couldn't see those viable fitting the dimensions of the S. Those things are huge. You're be sitting in a sofa.
Old 05-15-2018, 02:29 AM

Originally Posted by Jae2K
I couldn't see those viable fitting the dimensions of the S. Those things are huge. You're be sitting in a sofa.

True. Would be nice having them installed.
Old 05-15-2018, 03:16 PM
Site Moderator

Received 345 Likes on 300 Posts

Hm yeah. If they were a more standard recaro that could be bolted to a normal base they would maybe work but they don't look like that. I would guess that even if they did fit width wise they would likely sit much higher than stock.
Old 05-15-2018, 07:29 PM

Received 133 Likes on 96 Posts

Take a look at the Recaro Sportster CS. I'm pretty sure it's the same seat, but without the Type R badges. Same seat is in the Juke Nismo RS and Ford Focus RS. They've got dimensions listed on their website. If you get it to fit, pm me and tell me how please.
Old 05-16-2018, 01:11 PM

Originally Posted by vortamock
Take a look at the Recaro Sportster CS. I'm pretty sure it's the same seat, but without the Type R badges. Same seat is in the Juke Nismo RS and Ford Focus RS. They've got dimensions listed on their website. If you get it to fit, pm me and tell me how please.

You are right, they do look similar. Hhhhhmmm, I’m going to do more research.

Last edited by PapiChuloNica; 05-16-2018 at 01:13 PM.
Old 05-16-2018, 04:09 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Actually, a company called TS Tech designed the seats for the 10th gen civic

Honda CIVIC TYPE R | 製品情報 | テイ・エス テック株式会社
Old 05-17-2018, 08:40 AM
Site Moderator

Yeah they aren't Sportsters. I have been looking into how to mount the sportster seats in an S2000 and most places have told me they sit higher than stock which has kept me from buying a set.
Old 05-17-2018, 08:49 AM
Site Moderator

Received 2,620 Likes on 1,919 Posts

Originally Posted by Manga_Spawn
Yeah they aren't Sportsters. I have been looking into how to mount the sportster seats in an S2000 and most places have told me they sit higher than stock which has kept me from buying a set.
People have some how managed to get them in, but others say it isn't possible. https://www.s2ki.com/forums/s2000-in...er-cs-1172449/

Sportsters are really nice seats, if I didn't have PP's I would go that route, provided they fit and rails are available. Based on pics they look to sit about the same level, but no one seems to know for sure.
Old 05-17-2018, 09:02 AM
Site Moderator

Yeah I have emailed back and forth with ASM who have mounted a few sets. They said they do sit higher than stock using the recaro rails. I am wondering if I forgo the sliders and just bolt them straight to the lowest mounting bracket I can find how that would turn out. Still talking about Nearly $3k in seats, brackets and then whatever wait time to actually get them to test how they fit. I am after a more OEM looking seat and the sportster cs or gs are perfect for the look I want I am just used to my oem seat with the BYS lowered seat rail that going back to stock height is sort of a downgrade and higher is out of the question. The full buckets seats just aren't comfortable for me and aren't the look I am going for. I keep going between SR-7's of some kind or testing out the sportsters.

Quick Reply: Civic Type R Seats