S2000 Modifications and Parts Discussions about aftermarket products and parts including reviews, information and opinion.

DIY: Door Window Moulding

Old 06-14-2014, 02:52 PM

Received 86 Likes on 55 Posts

@realblag. I think it is the foam piece and something else preventing it from forming a flush seal, as I noticed them putting the moulding on but didn't think they would have this effect. All of the clips have snapped in, but it would make sense there is something pushing up on it to prevent that flush seal from happening, so I don't think lubing it up will have an effect really. Although I agree that it won't be waterproof, the gaps I have now are way too big and if there was enough water to get in there just from a car wash I can't imagine what a few days of rain will do.

So rather then just buying the whole moulding, it looks like I can just buy the clips and replace them. Would that be correct?
Old 06-14-2014, 03:42 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Yes, you can buy just the clips and they are sold individually.
Old 06-14-2014, 03:45 PM

Reading through the HELM manual it says you can pry these clips off without breaking them with a tool. It seems you can do this by taking the door panel off, but the sash holder might be in the way.

Has this been considered by he group before in fixing this part rather then the destructive method?
Old 06-14-2014, 06:13 PM

UPDATE : PROBLEM SOLVED!

Sorry for hijacking this thread but this update will help any novice mechanics like myself. I took the black clip off to see if I could wiggle the clips off like it says in the Helms manual. When I did he strip came right off. Turns out that when you put the white clips in, you have to make sure the tab fits into the door, I thought I did this as originally the strip went right in. But you have to kind of angle the weather strip away from you (if you're facing the car) and get them in place in the metal door tab as the clips facing you are shorter then the back ones. The clips all went in and now the seal is completely flush as it should be.
Old 06-15-2014, 03:04 PM

Received 21 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by Wolf95
Then take your pretty lady for a drive. She deserves it

I love the graffiti touch! And the non-S2000 burn out mark!
Old 06-15-2014, 03:06 PM

Received 21 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by Thomas Guide
the portion that is in contact with the window, not sure what it's called but 1.5 days after washing the car, it's still completely wet so everytime I roll the window down there's a 2 inch streak of water there. Not sure how this thing is soaked...

I
The previous owner of my car has that 2 inch strip of water as well....but it's so etched in I can't get it off. What a pisser.
Old 06-16-2014, 08:32 AM

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts

Sorry for the late response.

Glad you got it all figured out. Mine just kinda snapped in perfectly. Doesn't happen often though maybe I just had the magic touch. Haha!!

And thanks.
Old 11-07-2014, 11:17 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I know i'm grave digging but AWESOME write up! Just ordered some and can't wait to do this, mine are so loose my speakers make it rattle and it's driving me NUTS! Definitely worth the $120!

thanks!
Old 11-22-2014, 07:34 AM

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts

Old 08-14-2015, 07:28 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Fellas... i just did trim on my drivers side. Was really a biotch getting the new clips to grab all the way... but as of right now all looks good. Try to save the old ones because on 1 of the new ones they slipped off and fell down into the door. With the old ones i didnt have to deal with trying to dig it out.

The trick was to push the clips down, then push the strip forward a bit and it locks right in. had me confused a while but the car looks good now!

Quick Reply: DIY: Door Window Moulding