S2000 Modifications and Parts Discussions about aftermarket products and parts including reviews, information and opinion.

Exhaust

Old 01-23-2011, 05:35 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

here's my mods. snorkel + stock air box, 70mm test pipe/exhaust, and a baaaad a$$ focking tune. just a short story of how my mods work for my car. i pull away from a dead dig on a modded 350z all the way to 120mph before it was time to shut it down. he goes to the track a lot and does mid-high 12s. so if i pull him by 1-2 cars from a dead dig to 120mph, then i'd say i got a mid-high 12 second car if not faster. if you want my mods list as far as brands go, send me a pm.

i'm tired of listening to ppl saying bolt on mods don't do sh!t. maybe they selected the wrong brands? or they shift super retardedly slow, idk...

although most ppl will say bolt-on mods wont' do sh!t w/o a tune, and they're pretty much right on this one. i know from experience.
Old 01-23-2011, 05:48 PM

Originally Posted by zwhiteman08,Jan 23 2011, 10:10 PM
No where in that definition does it say: A website where you just look things up! It says a discussion board. How the **** would we be discussing anything if we just looked at old posts?
The main problem is people that post the same thing a thousand times over so when searching it does become a pain. People were nice enough to create these things called "stickies" or "Official" which are threads with really good information. Just take a minute or two to navigate through this organized site and you will surely find what you need. If you don't want people getting on your case about things that have been posted thousands of times then search. Im not trying to be a d1ick but the more clutter in the forum the harder it is to find what you are looking for.

Like stated above the power you are looking for goes way beyond just an exhaust mod, you should be looking and posting here....
https://www.s2ki.com/forums/index.php?showforum=142
Old 01-23-2011, 06:18 PM

Originally Posted by zwhiteman08,Jan 23 2011, 12:35 PM
Not helpful.. Idc if there is a past post. Im new to this site and im not going to dig through thousands of threads.. If you dont have an answer then dont comment.
I disagree that was a very helpful post, you posted a very vague question and he directed you the sticky thread which is a great place to start your research. No one can tell you the best combination since you did not post what your desired power gains or price limit was. It would be beneficial to read through the official threads first.
Old 01-23-2011, 09:25 PM
Former Sponsor

Received 38 Likes on 30 Posts

Shouldn't be looking at bolt ons. If you want it to feel like a GTO you need to do a V8 swap.
Besides that turbo it. So as for exhaust should be looking at a 3" turbo back to bolt up to the turbo kit you will need.
Old 01-23-2011, 09:46 PM
Former Sponsor

Received 38 Likes on 30 Posts

Originally Posted by zwhiteman08,Jan 23 2011, 09:10 PM
No where in that definition does it say: A website where you just look things up! It says a discussion board. How the **** would we be discussing anything if we just looked at old posts?
If the questions have been answered a million times like they have then it is best to read the answers already given. Anything else would simply be people repeating previous posts.
Giving members attitude right off the bat is also not a way to get any help from people on here.
He provided the perfect link for you to check out.
Old 01-23-2011, 10:03 PM

Received 14 Likes on 9 Posts

You'll never get that torquey feeling that the LSX GTO gave you..

If that's what you are looking for then you definitley picked the wrong car and should have stuck with the goat or got a new camaro ss or something..

S2000s aren't torquey and that's just that..
Old 01-23-2011, 10:23 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by H22toF20,Jan 23 2011, 01:14 PM
I have an FIPK, UR 3" test-pipe and HKS 75mm single.

I felt a huge difference with my 3" manifold back set-up. Most people spend $1000's on JDM parts that don't do crap and expect huge gains. Research research research.
Not yet. I'm not going to waste the time until I get an EMS. The HKS 75mm has been proven to make gains EVERYWHERE in the powerband, just by bolting it on. Gernby just tested a 70mm exhaust and a 70mm test-pipe. He gained a little bit with the exhaust but gained a big amount with the addition of the test-pipe.

For me, I felt a slight increase in power with the HKS 75mm. I later installed the UR 3" test-pipe and WOW the power increase was obvious.
Old 01-24-2011, 05:46 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by suzuka-blue-s2k,Jan 23 2011, 12:58 PM
Well you are not a baby, and we do not need to spoon feed every new person here. If you are really interested in gaining power there are tons of threads, and a simple search can come up with a ton of answers. If you are to lazy to search for what you want, you don't need to be modding your S.

So by posting a link to all of the popular threads with tons of results, dyno charts, reviews, ect..isn't helpful to you?
Old 01-24-2011, 06:05 AM

Received 411 Likes on 237 Posts

Originally Posted by zwhiteman08,Jan 23 2011, 09:10 PM
Super cereal? You been here 9 days. Just go away.
Old 01-24-2011, 06:15 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

https://www.s2ki.com/forums/index.php?showforum=142

Don't waste your time with bolt-ons if you want more power

Quick Reply: Exhaust