S2000 Modifications and Parts Discussions about aftermarket products and parts including reviews, information and opinion.

Good motor mounts?

Old 08-07-2012, 11:44 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have innovative 75a motor mounts along with trans mounts and differential collars as well. I guess they do vibrate a little but its not something that would have me go back to using oem and until I saw this thread I honestly forgot I had them installed. To me these mounts feel so much better than oem due to the fact they keep the motor in place when getting on the gas or even blipping the throttle. Getting back on the gas, the response is quicker and more precise, it feels sharper as the power is directed to the wheels. everything about the car is more solid, like someone said in a thread I had looked at while searching for opinions on the 75a's, it makes the car have a more sporty or race inspired attitude, the way it should have come from the factory...just an opinion.

As for changing the exhaust sound or making it louder, ??? not sure, I'm running a ti-c with a test pipe so its always had a little bit of volume to it. I wouldn't describe it as anything negative.

Billman is an excellent mechanic and one I will probably drive from NoVa to visit so I'm not knocking anything he has said about this product. So if he says that these mounts will create catastrophic damage to my engine and drivetrain caused by the vibration which put more stress on everything and I should remove them immediately than I probably will, but if he's just stating there are better products out there for a daily driver than I'm content with my purchase.
Old 08-08-2012, 07:17 AM

I've put over 10k on the innovative 75a mounts and not a issue. There is no more vibration then ur stock blown mounts provide! And after seeing the design of the stock mounts I would never go back, the amount of rubber holding the twisting force of the motor is so small it'll crack and fail after a few hard autocross sessions. Id say go innovative and 75a mounts and give it a week and it'll settle in. Although if ur car has rattles it'll only get louder, and if you have coilovers then don't go innovative as then the vibrations will be horrible! If ur stock suspesnion then go innovative, if u have coilovers then u probably don't care for vibrations anyways
Old 08-08-2012, 09:41 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Lol both of my ap1s vibrations got worse with coilovers haha.currently looking at the Megan racing mounts.anyone had real experience with them? How much stiffer than stock r they?
Old 08-08-2012, 10:04 AM

i had 75a bushings on my integra and the rattle was pretty apparent. it shook whatever the hell it could that was perfectly mounted or was just a hair loose. with my s i will definetely not be doing that, maybe the ingalls torque mount. all i hear is good things about those even from another s2k owner who ran one for a long time
Old 08-08-2012, 11:06 AM

Received 21 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by strychnine-rz
i had 75a bushings on my integra and the rattle was pretty apparent. it shook whatever the hell it could that was perfectly mounted or was just a hair loose. with my s i will definetely not be doing that, maybe the ingalls torque mount. all i hear is good things about those even from another s2k owner who ran one for a long time
Thanks for being honest!
Old 08-08-2012, 02:19 PM

If you think the innovative mounts are too harsh, check out Hasport. They are highly regarded and make an excellent product. Their street mounts are a tad stiffer, 62A and the race are a bit softer at 70A. Hasport is the go-to company when it comes to mount kits so looking into their product may be worth your while.
Old 08-09-2012, 02:39 AM

Hasport doesn't make motor or transmission mounts for us just yet.spoke with Brian Gillespie on Facebook about it and said within the next year we will see hasport mounts.I'm ordering their diff mounts soon.
Old 08-09-2012, 07:51 PM

Well I guess i can chime in here, usually do on these posts.

My setup:
I asked for 75a motor and 85a trans/diff.
they sent me 75a motor, 85a trans, 95a diff with collars...
so what the hell, i installed them. they said try it, if i hated it they would send me the ones i requested at no charge.

Initial Review:
What the f... EVERYTHING rattled like madness. Mirrors, exhaust, doors... (my eyes in my head).
Until you hit the gas pedal.
Once you start rolling its perfectly fine. The only time it was bad was when I was at a stop, but the car felt MUCH more direct and lively. mind you my mounts were pretty trashed by the time i put these on. and YES its friggin noisy.

GF's Review:
"Why the hell is it so shakey?"
She was rather annoyed by them at first, the vibration and noise.

Two Weeks in:
I didnt even really think about it as it was very gradual but the vibrations lessened, and so did the noise. It still feels so much for direct than OEM and i absolutely love it. The vibration at idle is pretty tolerable as well. Once you get moving you wont even notice it. The only time its noisy is when you have the top up and windows up. But my HKS 75mm makes more noise than the sound transferred through the mounts.

GF's Review:
No more complaints and she doesnt bitch about the car anymore so im happy.

Overall, ask nearly any performance shop and they will tell you that they dont exactly like the s2000's oem mounts for several reasons. if you are stock then they are fine, but otherwise you will spend more money replacing them from abuse than if you just go with an aftermarket company. Innovative is well known, so is hasport.

Hope that was detailed enough for you.
Old 08-09-2012, 08:39 PM

Originally Posted by Breaking Point
Hasport doesn't make motor or transmission mounts for us just yet.spoke with Brian Gillespie on Facebook about it and said within the next year we will see hasport mounts.I'm ordering their diff mounts soon.
That is really weird.. cause I got hasport 62a motor mounts and put them on the car!

I am the type of person who is quite picky/intolerant (thought my t1r 70mm em was too loud, along with q300 that everyone claims to be quiet.. now have OEM with resonated TP and it is perfect for me). With the 62a, I have to say I do feel more vibrations, mostly during idle, but it is not too bad. First couple days with them, I almost regretted going with aftermarket mounts, but right now, they aren't too bad.

I can't imagine how 75a feels.. I would say 62a is pretty much at the extreme of my tolerance level and couldn't see me driving in anything harsher than my hasports!

At the end of the day, it comes down to what each person can do with/without!

- Sung

EDIT: http://hasport.com/store/index.php/m...s2k/apstk.html
if you look around.. you can find better deals though!
Old 08-10-2012, 04:45 AM

What the eff Lol thanks man glad they're here! How long have u had yours? I swear when I checked the site a month or two ago they were not there. Right on to u bud!

Did it come with the transmission mount as well?

Quick Reply: Good motor mounts?