S2000 Modifications and Parts Discussions about aftermarket products and parts including reviews, information and opinion.

Js Racing QC

Old 05-06-2019, 08:33 AM

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by RolanTHUNDER
Yeah my FX70RS titanium system DEFINITELY does not have welds anywhere near that! I'm really shocked to see that.
Have yet to hear a titanium variant having poor welds.
The following users liked this post:
RolanTHUNDER (05-08-2019)
Old 05-06-2019, 08:36 AM

Received 122 Likes on 84 Posts

Originally Posted by Nibreezy
Really upsetting when you hear that Js is a “top tier” brand.
Nah, top tier brand in quality is ASM imo, from what I have seen, they are the most consistent and highest quality, but their prices are the most expensive out of the JDM brands. Amuse is up there too
Old 05-06-2019, 08:46 AM

Originally Posted by jaor.s2k
Nah, top tier brand in quality is ASM imo, from what I have seen, they are the most consistent and highest quality, but their prices are the most expensive out of the JDM brands. Amuse is up there too
my wallet is fine with Js Racing prices but definitely not with ASM or Amuse prices. Haha
Old 05-06-2019, 08:51 AM

Originally Posted by RolanTHUNDER
It really sucks that you got the short end of the stick here. I agree that your welds look really bad and its strange to say the least. I hope you get some sort of formal communication from J's in Japan to explain how that could have happened while building it and how it passed their QC. They're a great JDM brand so this is really unexpected...
You would have enjoyed that 60RS.
Yeah I bet! I have been watching some videos online on repeat and hearing the orgasmic exhaust note. I went with the 60rs cause I didn’t want a too loud of an exhaust like the 70rr and 70rs. All sound amazing though.
Old 05-06-2019, 10:43 AM

Received 147 Likes on 96 Posts

I agree with ASM and Amuse.

My ASM kit was perfect, and i mean perfect out of the box. That is because ASM destroys their molds after a certain amount of units made to ensure perfection.
Amuse also ensures their products are well.. pretty. And they very well are.

I still hope to have a Amuse exhaust in my near future.
Old 05-06-2019, 02:31 PM
Site Moderator

Received 345 Likes on 300 Posts

I swear I remember there was a group buy or something ages ago with a J's exhaust that a lot of people were unhappy with the quality. Not surprised the TI exhausts have nicer welds its a lot more difficult material to work with. Hope Evasive is able to help you sort it out.

ASM and Amuse are pricey but the level of quality is immediately apparent.
Old 05-06-2019, 03:34 PM

Received 80 Likes on 60 Posts

Originally Posted by Kyle
Hah! So you were the guy on the FB group. Did you take that down per Evasive's request? Because that thread was turning into a total shitshow.

As far as the exhaust goes I have no words.....Speculation can just go in way too many directions for this one lol. @RolanTHUNDER I take it your J's exhaust didn't look like that, even though you got it secondhand
LOL wut is happening
Old 05-06-2019, 07:55 PM

Received 125 Likes on 108 Posts

Originally Posted by RussianHammer
J's racing sources alot of their products out to Taiwan, and its been this way for years. Ever since one of their president was involved in a hit and run which caused a cultural shift in the brand.
Mugen also shifted alot of their products to Taiwan; however their quality has not dwindled as much as its more cosmetic products.

I do agree that J's racing products are comical as far as fitment and quality. It is almost an ongoing joke as too how bad their cosmetic items fit, and how outrageous their prices for things like radio doors are.
It is unfortunate to see their exhausts affected, and i do believe Evasive will press them to have this fixed for you. From a business perspective, this is not a good look for anyone.
Evasive/EVS Tuning exhaust parts are made in Taiwan. I've got 2 of their HFC, very good quality part and welds. What is MUGEN making in Taiwan?

I've had some quality control issues with ASM and Toda Racing even, but it was minor. I've got parts from pretty much every JDM S2000 tuner, US brand/made S2000 parts have worse quality control, from my experience.
Old 05-08-2019, 01:36 AM

Received 187 Likes on 161 Posts

Yeah I bet! I have been watching some videos online on repeat and hearing the orgasmic exhaust note. I went with the 60rs cause I didn’t want a too loud of an exhaust like the 70rr and 70rs. All sound amazing though.
Well said man! Definitely an orgasmic exhaust note I just can't get enough of
Your choice of the 60RS is understandable in light of volume
Old 05-08-2019, 01:37 AM

Received 187 Likes on 161 Posts

Have yet to hear a titanium variant having poor welds.
Music to my ears

Quick Reply: Js Racing QC