S2000 Modifications and Parts Discussions about aftermarket products and parts including reviews, information and opinion.

My MODS actually work!

Old 11-25-2007, 01:44 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My car have no chirp what so ever at all... Straight out grip.
Old 11-25-2007, 01:51 PM
Former Moderator

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by S2KSandy,Nov 25 2007, 01:58 PM
second, i dont spin off of launch, i spin when i hit second gear.

So i KNOW it made a difference. Your trying to make excuses and disprove me by telling me i won because i lost traction??
Maybe your car is significantly faster than before.

Or...

Maybe you got more practice in and are more familiar with the S2000 than your friend (esp if he "takes care of it like he should").

Of course you want to believe you're making mad, crazy hp and gained a ton from your MODS.

Follow this logic:
1. Cars with sticky tires, ACT clutch, and >300whp do not spin excessively between the 1-2 shift.
2. Your car with brand new and less-sticky than stock tires, ACT clutch, and at most 220whp is spinning madly between 1-2.

So what gives? Probably the tires. As you said, free-spinning is not fast. You have to hook up or else you're running in place.

So my conclusion was not that you have such crazy power that you're newly breaking the wheels free, but that your tires are slippery and breaking free more easily. You may have a little more hp than you did before, but your perception of fast is skewed.

You can tighten the slack out of the throttle body and the car will "feel" faster because of the lack of delay.

At the end of the day, the butt dyno lies.

We have no idea what any of this means unless you have some objective performance standard.

Like a dragstrip. Your runs have all been straight-line so far, why not quantify it.

If after your "mods" you're running a 14.2 quarter mile, we'd say... "Meh, you should have just gotten gears instead."

Old 11-25-2007, 02:18 PM

Originally Posted by CKit,Nov 25 2007, 02:51 PM
If after your "mods" you're running a 14.2 quarter mile, we'd say... "Meh, you should have just gotten gears instead."
lol so true GEARS FTMFW!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 11-25-2007, 05:18 PM

Wow. Am I the only one more concerned with the fact that this guy admits to taking a brand new S2000 out and first thing starts racing it?? Ignoring all together the fact that you are so blatently bragging about illegal street racing, you put on extra weight from a sub, rediculously heavy wheels (larger diameter = > rolling resistance), and an aluminum grill that looks like an intercooler??!!?? You need to show a little more respect to the vehicle, not just a break-in period, but pick a focus. Are you concerned with power and speed, or looking like 50cent? And if you are making so much "mad power" that you keep spinning wheels, then no, an ETD won't help. It limits engine movement due to the torque of the engine acting against the soft factory rubber mounts. Much like rigid differential mounts, it keeps the soft rubber from absorbing power and torque and translates it more directly through the wheels. If traction is your problem, an ETD will make it worse. Get more grip, then a dampener.
Old 11-25-2007, 05:54 PM
Former Moderator

Originally Posted by teamxcelap2,Nov 25 2007, 06:18 PM
Wow. Am I the only one more concerned with the fact that this guy admits to taking a brand new S2000 out and first thing starts racing it?? Ignoring all together the fact that you are so blatently bragging about illegal street racing, you put on extra weight from a sub, rediculously heavy wheels (larger diameter = > rolling resistance), and an aluminum grill that looks like an intercooler??!!?? You need to show a little more respect to the vehicle, not just a break-in period, but pick a focus. Are you concerned with power and speed, or looking like 50cent? And if you are making so much "mad power" that you keep spinning wheels, then no, an ETD won't help. It limits engine movement due to the torque of the engine acting against the soft factory rubber mounts. Much like rigid differential mounts, it keeps the soft rubber from absorbing power and torque and translates it more directly through the wheels. If traction is your problem, an ETD will make it worse. Get more grip, then a dampener.
It's a 2005. He bought it used. He just had to replace the tires because he got new wheels. But he's been "racing for a long time so he's not new ok."

Slipping his car sideways into a curb / rail / tree is a high likelihood this Winter unless he chills a little.

I hope it's still a little of the "new (to him) car excitement."

But I think there's a good chance I'll be posting a "should have saved the wheel money and bought a Racelogic" reply in about 4 months.

Old 11-25-2007, 05:58 PM

Received 107 Likes on 85 Posts

Originally Posted by teamxcelap2,Nov 25 2007, 06:18 PM
wow? wow my ass... dude.. who said it was BRAND NEW? i said when i got my 05... in june.. june was when?? 5 months ago? it had mileage on it? and out of this WHOLE thing. i NEVER ONCE SAID.. my car was hella fast.. ALL i said was... before i put the mods on... "and yes our cars were broken in since they were both 05 and used..." we ran even allllll the time...

and maybe CKIT's right? i might be a better driver? but i've not practiced, i've not done Anything different nor has he with the driving habits..

Respect? i have respect for my cars. I like a lil show and i like a lil go. i just simply was pointing out the useless things on my car which is oem front and rear bumper and a grill that looks like an intercooler... that was for show.. not for go.

I was mentioning about the rims and sub because NOW my car weighs more than his stock car does. In conclusion with that? If my car weighs more, has more rolling resistance, that would be against me right? so i was simply saying, like i said in the beginning.. while having these mods that i have, plus the bling, i beat him each ...and every..time.

I never once claimed ANY hp, never once said it was sooooo fast. i never even said i smoked the hell out of him.. I just said i pulled from him.. not hard.. just pulled.... why is that sooo hard to believe? why do i need a gadget telling me that i know that when i race him now i'm pulling from him?

You guys read all the silly stories in the street encounters with cars with mods whooping up on cars that is just unheard of. and ONCE i say i did a lil something to my car and pull on a stock ap2? why is that hard to believe?

And I'm not bragging about street racing and dont sit there and try to lecture me on something you know ALL of us do on the streets.. if you want open up a new thread for that.

And since i wasnt just having wheel spin, which CKIT has been kind enough to explain about the tires...makes sense.. OH and by the way.. they ARE ventus! so i gotta watch out.. thanks for that info..

I was ALSO saying it wheel hops... and it mentioned in the description of the Torque dampeners that it prevents it, or really minimizes it. So thats why i asked about it.

I apologize if this blew up into something that i think was way outta hand when people were claiming that i couldnt have pulled because of mods.. when

1) i never said that it was blowing him away when i just simply said i was just pulling.. that couldve meant Fast OR slow. and i was just pulling.. not fast..

2) that lesser mods or what have you pulling on BMW 335's??? Cmon....if it happened.. then COOl it happened! i never said it wouldnt have happened, or couldnt have happened.. But just like that story... i believe Mine was more believable considering IT HAPPENED...

everyone has a choice of what they wanna do with their cars.. put rims? or no, mod it? or not. I did what i did to mine cuz i wanted to and you just the same. There is no need for calling people out saying they got it new and raced it without breaking it and having more respect for their cars. Seems like the only reason why noone commented on my "disrespecting" my car was because maybe they read it was 05 and not new. You should double check before commenting.
Old 11-25-2007, 06:07 PM
Former Moderator

[QUOTE=S2KSandy,Nov 25 2007, 06:58 PM] You guys read all the silly stories in the street encounters with cars with mods whooping up on cars that is just unheard of.
Old 11-25-2007, 06:08 PM

[QUOTE=CKit,Nov 25 2007, 06:54 PM]

It's a 2005.
Old 11-25-2007, 06:12 PM

Originally Posted by CKit,Nov 25 2007, 07:07 PM
We don't believe those stories in Street Encounters.

We just want you to be careful and not to wreck your baby. You'll be .

We do believe you can pull on your friend with the summation of your mods.

But we'll also tell you that you'll get more objective bang for your buck by getting gears or FI instead.

The other stuff is nice if you're planning on eventually going FI, but otherwise kind of a waste of money.

OH and your 100 percent correct my freind. I SO thought about getting gears just because i know i have these heavy ass rims for show and i thought to myself that i should get gears to kinda balance the weight ya know?

But i was just thinking of going FI later in the summer time.

And i thank you for your concern and composer and helping me understand about the whole tire thing. I didnt know about the the ventus's popping or the slippage it causes.

I know this whole thing sounded really crazy on my end.. but i really do drive like a granny now hahahaha.. last night was just one of those nights where i could play without getting into trouble.

So i guess i have to wait for the tires to wear down a lil before they start catching grip? or will that torque dampener help my wheel hop because i'm doing alot of that.
Old 11-25-2007, 06:20 PM
Former Moderator

[QUOTE=S2KSandy,Nov 25 2007, 07:08 PM] i dont know ya'll backround and ya'll dont know mine.

Quick Reply: My MODS actually work!