S2000 Modifications and Parts Discussions about aftermarket products and parts including reviews, information and opinion.

My MODS actually work!

Old 11-25-2007, 06:27 PM

Received 107 Likes on 85 Posts

You know what? your exactly right. I re-read through this and it DOES sound like a street racer thug hahaha..

And your also correct. I DONT normally act this way. So thats why i had to apoligize in the later threads that i didnt mean for this to come out the way that it did or had risen to the point that it had.

But i guess out of all this, i was just wondering.. what should i do?

I mean i'm kinda spinning so that new tire stuff has got to wear off... but does that Torque dampener really help with wheel hop? Cuz i need something..
Old 11-25-2007, 06:30 PM

Originally Posted by NVMY4N,Nov 25 2007, 02:21 PM
.....Header

It's the only thing CKit left out.
Oh and a title edit: My MODS actually works! -> My MODS actually work!

I think what everyone is trying to say is, your butt dyno and the truth are two different things.

There are too many variables in your extensive list of mods and stories. Go hit a dyno and see who makes more power -

Or

swap cars - let him drive yours and vice versa - a driver can make all the difference in the world.
Damn! i need to go back to school hahahaha...

Thanks for the look out.

Wasnt there a debate about calling them header or headers? i forgot where in these threads.. But Header is correct from what i remember of the outcome.
Old 11-25-2007, 06:33 PM

Originally Posted by iKMTi,Nov 25 2007, 02:44 PM
My car have no chirp what so ever at all... Straight out grip.
I want straight out grip toooo....
Old 11-25-2007, 07:52 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Ok, just got back from church. I was POed earlier. Sorry bout the ranting. Yes, I did see the '05 part. I worded it wrong. I meant a new car to you. Used is still weak to drag race because you never know how it was treated by previous owner. And you did say that "first thing" you raced each other. Anyhoo, like CKit said, I'm more concerned with your welfare and that of the vehicle. I lost a dear friend in a street race and get upset when I hear of others doing it, especially w/o a lot of experience w/ that particular car. So just be careful. And my old neighbor builds racecar chassis. He always told me(when I first got an import and it was an EG hatch, lots of wheel hop) that suspension is gonna control that most. But not an expert myself.
Old 11-25-2007, 11:13 PM

get gears, best bang for the buck.
Old 11-25-2007, 11:36 PM

Originally Posted by S2KSandy,Nov 25 2007, 02:58 PM
well first... the clutch delay valve has been removed out of both of our cars.
you did get a new flywheel after you removed the CDV, right? if not, your clutch isn't gonna last very long.
Old 11-26-2007, 04:20 AM

Originally Posted by teamxcelap2,Nov 25 2007, 08:52 PM
Ok, just got back from church. I was POed earlier. Sorry bout the ranting. Yes, I did see the '05 part. I worded it wrong. I meant a new car to you. Used is still weak to drag race because you never know how it was treated by previous owner. And you did say that "first thing" you raced each other. Anyhoo, like CKit said, I'm more concerned with your welfare and that of the vehicle. I lost a dear friend in a street race and get upset when I hear of others doing it, especially w/o a lot of experience w/ that particular car. So just be careful. And my old neighbor builds racecar chassis. He always told me(when I first got an import and it was an EG hatch, lots of wheel hop) that suspension is gonna control that most. But not an expert myself.
I gotcha. I can see where you were coming from now with this whole thing.

Yea ive done my fair share with the whole street racing and what not, and i've learned the hard way as well. Not to the extreme..*which would be death* but close enough to where i know i shouldnt be here right now talking about this.

But like i said.. my experience within the last years have always been on something muscle to the import with my Talon running 400 hp or so. So thats why i say i'm no stranger to it cuz i've done the stupid stuff and have gotten my tickets... No accidents thank GOD, but throught the years have learned. But that all comes with experience.

So looking back at the beginning of the thread, i shouldve re-worded it differently because like i said the words came out kinda differently than what i had intended behind it.

I think its great that people on here are in this for the welfare of the fellow Riders and i really dont take offense to things that have been said. So this is My lesson learned, and i assure everyone, I like to play just like everyone else, but do it in an open, safe location with no one around...and occasionally on a quick run on a street being that its safe as well.
Old 11-26-2007, 04:23 AM

Originally Posted by A51_AP1,Nov 26 2007, 12:13 AM
get gears, best bang for the buck.
i have REALLY been thinking about this, but i have NO clue what i should get considering i do highway driving just as much as i do city, so i figured the 4.77's are out...ESPECIALLY with the shorter shifting on the AP2 tranny's.

AND i ReALLY wanna go turbo later on. I miss my old turbo

So i was thinking maybe 4.44's? would that be ok with a turbo kit?
Old 11-26-2007, 04:25 AM

Originally Posted by Enthralled,Nov 26 2007, 12:36 AM
you did get a new flywheel after you removed the CDV, right? if not, your clutch isn't gonna last very long.
YOUR KIDDING?!

why is that?? I only have the act clutch an oem flywheel

how long do you think mine would last? i mean i dont drive like an idiot all the time.!
Old 11-26-2007, 05:27 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

save your money from gears and just get the highest quality turbo setup you can...

Quick Reply: My MODS actually work!