S2000 Modifications and Parts Discussions about aftermarket products and parts including reviews, information and opinion.

Need Help: Recaro Seat Rails

Old 11-24-2019, 12:54 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Need Help: Recaro Seat Rails

I bought a set of used seat rails but after mounting them to the seat, the mounting holes are about an inch wider than they should be. I double checked the part numbers and they are the correct ones.

I don't see any way to shift them over and it doesn't look like the side adapters are in the wrong location either (I tried).

Any suggestions?

Old 11-24-2019, 02:46 PM

Received 166 Likes on 128 Posts

What's the part number on the rails and which seat are you trying to install? Do you have side profile pictures as well?
Old 11-25-2019, 10:40 AM

Originally Posted by Orjinal
What's the part number on the rails and which seat are you trying to install? Do you have side profile pictures as well?
I'll provide them when i get home but i'm pretty sure this is the part number: 2085.838.1 which means it's definitely for an AP1. Though it's starting to make me wonder if this seat is an XL seat since they are about an 1.37in wider than the standard seat. Though sitting in it; it's identical to my standard seat Recaro PP that I bought new.
Old 11-25-2019, 02:47 PM

Received 95 Likes on 64 Posts

It's still unclear to me.......so are you trying to use a Recaro pole position with a recaro rail? if so, the PP is just too wide for a recaro rail, which is why people have been using PCI rails or Buddy Clubs for PP's. (Unless i missed something and Recaro started to make a rail that fits the width of the PP recently?)
Old 11-25-2019, 02:57 PM

Received 166 Likes on 128 Posts

Recaro Japan makes a rail for RS-G/TS-G/SP-G which is the part number you listed but they also make one for bottom mounts and another for SP-GN(Pole Position). All are specific to the seat they're made for and fit perfectly with that particular seat. You can't mix and match. It even says which seat(s) fit on the rail next to the part number.
Old 11-25-2019, 04:49 PM

Originally Posted by Orjinal
Recaro Japan makes a rail for RS-G/TS-G/SP-G which is the part number you listed but they also make one for bottom mounts and another for SP-GN(Pole Position). All are specific to the seat they're made for and fit perfectly with that particular seat. You can't mix and match. It even says which seat(s) fit on the rail next to the part number.
Well then these should all work looking at these pictures so I'm confused on why it doesn't fit.

EDIT - i see so even though it says SPG on the seat it isn't actually a Recaro SPG according to the 070 part number in that pic. Wonderful. I have PCI seat rail right now and it sucks because i have to modify the seat belt receiver to mount it. I was hoping using Recaro rails would avoid that.

Seat bottom

Seat rail
Old 11-26-2019, 01:22 PM

Received 38 Likes on 30 Posts

Can you post more pictures of the seat mounts? Something doesn't look right
Old 11-26-2019, 04:24 PM

Received 123 Likes on 98 Posts

Originally Posted by jp182
I have PCI seat rail right now and it sucks because i have to modify the seat belt receiver to mount it. I was hoping using Recaro rails would avoid that.
You need a receiver with an extension anyway, unless you plan on running the belt over the side of the seat which is terrible.
Old 11-27-2019, 10:09 AM

Originally Posted by arsenal
Can you post more pictures of the seat mounts? Something doesn't look right
I already gave up and took it all a part.
Old 11-27-2019, 10:11 AM

Originally Posted by Chibo
You need a receiver with an extension anyway, unless you plan on running the belt over the side of the seat which is terrible.
yep i already had an extension it was more of an issue bolting it to the PCI seat rail. Ironically after I got that figured out i went to bolt the rail into the car and the bolt holes are short by an 1/8 of an inch. Either I have the worst luck in the world or all of these seat rail options are shit in one way or another and require modification.

Quick Reply: Need Help: Recaro Seat Rails