S2000 Modifications and Parts Discussions about aftermarket products and parts including reviews, information and opinion.

Ohlins DFV Coilover Kit

Old 09-23-2012, 12:08 PM
Former Sponsor

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts

I did my first track day on the Ohlins, and they didn't disappoint me at all! It started out pretty cool outside, but into the mid 90's by the end of the day. They performed absolutely consistent all day long, through 6 sessions that were 20 minutes each. I had them set to 7 clicks from full stiff for the first session, which resulted in a bit of a twitchy back end, so I softened them up to 8 clicks in the front and 10 clicks in the rear. The car felt awesome for the rest of the day.

I wish I would have gotten my instructor to do some laps in my car to see what kind of lap times he could get, but it just didn't work out. I've just been on this track for 2 single day events, with 9 years between them, so I know the car would have been much faster in someone else's hands. Anyway, there wasn't any point in the day that I felt like I could have benefitted from different coilovers...

BTW, I suggest clicking the "Watch on Youtube" button, since viewing this directly from this site degrades the video performance.

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EG9qmpQ0EhU&hd=1[/media]
Old 12-19-2012, 03:32 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Bump
Old 01-05-2013, 01:28 AM
rdk

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I just sent my Ohlin Flag-S in for repairs. I haven't been able to find any review on it, so I hope to have similar results as your DFVs!!!
Old 01-26-2013, 04:46 PM

I drove this S2000 today at a very wet autocross. I was surprised at the level of grip and the capability of the suspension to maintain a balanced feel. This with the power from the exhaust is a great setup.
Old 03-22-2013, 06:50 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Nice report, Gernby ... you just cost me $3K, I bought a set for my car this morning.
Old 03-23-2013, 07:02 AM
Former Sponsor

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts

I keep forgetting to give more feedback in this thread. I'm still loving this setup, and have been doing incredibly well against my competitors. I've been consistently beating people that I hadn't ever beaten before, including a few national level SCCA guys.
Old 03-23-2013, 09:16 AM
Sponsor

Received 41 Likes on 33 Posts

Originally Posted by grubinski
Nice report, Gernby ... you just cost me $3K, I bought a set for my car this morning.
Thanks you for the business Mike, looking like a Friday Delivery.. Please write a new review, positive or negative.. We would love to link it on our site.

Old 04-02-2013, 07:08 AM

Originally Posted by Urge
Originally Posted by grubinski' timestamp='1364007050' post='22422687
Thanks you for the business Mike, looking like a Friday Delivery.. Please write a new review, positive or negative.. We would love to link it on our site.
Finally installed my DFV's last weekend, as well as a Saner FSB and Miata RSB. Car is currently getting aligned and I have a test & tune this Saturday to test it all out. I'm excited
Old 04-08-2013, 07:20 AM

After a weekend of tuning and tweaking and a final alignment this morning my car is ready to go.

2003 AP1

Suspension
Ohlins DFV Coilovers
height (measured from fender to center of hub)
F 13.25"
R 13.5"

Wheels and Tires
square setup
17x9 TSW Nurburgring
255 Hankook RS3

Sway Bars
F Saner bar at middle setting
R NC Miata bar

Alignment Settings
F
camber 2.17 (max)
caster 5 (max)
toe 0

R
camber 2.83
toe in 1/4"

I will be predominately using this car for the SCCA STR class autox with a handful of HPDE's throughout the season. The car is driven to the events, up to a few hours, and is still used on sunny days around town. Loved how the car felt at autox last weekend, I initially ran with no rear sway bar but found the car to be too pushy for my liking. After multiple runs and adjustments I had the DFV's set at 5 clicks from stiff on front and 10 on the rear. The ride height did cause some fender liner wear on the front and I will be rolling and relocating the fender tabs for more clearance this week, the rear had no issues. I am considering adding more front camber by adding an offset camber joint so that I can get another half a degree but we'll see how it feels in the first few events.

Overall I'm very happy with the DFV's and excited to see how hard the car can be pushed this season. Urge has been a great to work with throughout the process and are an extremely knowledgeable group of people.
Old 04-09-2013, 07:37 AM
Sponsor

Received 41 Likes on 33 Posts

Originally Posted by rn53
After a weekend of tuning and tweaking and a final alignment this morning my car is ready to go.

2003 AP1

Suspension
Ohlins DFV Coilovers
height (measured from fender to center of hub)
F 13.25"
R 13.5"

Wheels and Tires
square setup
17x9 TSW Nurburgring
255 Hankook RS3

Sway Bars
F Saner bar at middle setting
R NC Miata bar

Alignment Settings
F
camber 2.17 (max)
caster 5 (max)
toe 0

R
camber 2.83
toe in 1/4"

I will be predominately using this car for the SCCA STR class autox with a handful of HPDE's throughout the season. The car is driven to the events, up to a few hours, and is still used on sunny days around town. Loved how the car felt at autox last weekend, I initially ran with no rear sway bar but found the car to be too pushy for my liking. After multiple runs and adjustments I had the DFV's set at 5 clicks from stiff on front and 10 on the rear. The ride height did cause some fender liner wear on the front and I will be rolling and relocating the fender tabs for more clearance this week, the rear had no issues. I am considering adding more front camber by adding an offset camber joint so that I can get another half a degree but we'll see how it feels in the first few events.

Overall I'm very happy with the DFV's and excited to see how hard the car can be pushed this season. Urge has been a great to work with throughout the process and are an extremely knowledgeable group of people.
Thank you, we hope you get some FTD like gernby soon.

Quick Reply: Ohlins DFV Coilover Kit