S2000 Modifications and Parts Discussions about aftermarket products and parts including reviews, information and opinion.

Old Question, No solid Answer - AP2 wing Functional?

Old 07-09-2013, 08:01 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Old Question, No solid Answer - AP2 wing Functional?

I have been searching the forums for the last 30 min and I haven't been able to find any info regarding if the AP2 rear wing is functional or not, I saw a couple say they think it is but no solid numbers, does anybody know? Also what do you guys think of the wing? Can you tell the difference between a replica and the OE?
Old 07-09-2013, 09:13 AM
Site Moderator

Received 345 Likes on 300 Posts

I think it's ugly. Do you mean functional in providing downforce? And what numbers are you looking for? I don't think anyone outside of Honda would have wind tunnel tested this wing and if they don't have numbers I doubt anyone does. The ap1 spoiler is much cleaner if you ask me.
Old 07-09-2013, 09:31 AM
Community Organizer

Received 551 Likes on 503 Posts

In a nut shell, I agree
Old 07-09-2013, 09:35 AM

Originally Posted by Manga_Spawn
I think it's ugly. Do you mean functional in providing downforce? And what numbers are you looking for? I don't think anyone outside of Honda would have wind tunnel tested this wing and if they don't have numbers I doubt anyone does. The ap1 spoiler is much cleaner if you ask me.
yes I mean does it provide any additional down force, I am not looks for specific number as much as if somebody actually feels anything difference.

Originally Posted by s2000Junky
In a nut shell, I agree
Thanks for the input

My issue is that I found a LB spoiler for 150 which is a really good deal. Ideally I wouldn't want to put anything on my trunk but it already has holes in it from the previous owner and I have been trying to figure out a way to cover it (looked into replacing the trunk which is just too expensive at this point). I am open to any other wing that would be comparable in price and fits the OE holes.
Old 07-09-2013, 09:53 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

answer, yes..

your issue, can't help ya, on yur own.. I have no wing, but the CR would be the route I would explore...
Old 07-09-2013, 10:01 AM

Originally Posted by Ryuu
answer, yes..

your issue, can't help ya, on yur own.. I have no wing, but the CR would be the route I would explore...

CR wing would be awesome except the wing itself is like $700 plus it fits in the center of the trunk not the corners which is where my holes are, if I was there I might as well just buy a used trunk and have it resprayed for $500 total...Although I do think the CR spoiler is sick.
Old 07-09-2013, 10:07 AM
Site Moderator

Received 345 Likes on 300 Posts

So your car has the holes from the AP2 wing but no wing? That sucks. I very seriously doubt there would be a noticeable difference in the downforce it provides but you would have to talk to someone that has tracked their car with and without the wing. If it covers the holes and you found for for cheap then go for it. You can always sell it if you don't like it. If it were me I would take the car to a body shop and see if they could fill in the holes and repaint the trunk.
Old 07-09-2013, 10:08 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

fill in the holes
Old 07-09-2013, 10:40 AM

Originally Posted by Manga_Spawn
So your car has the holes from the AP2 wing but no wing? That sucks. I very seriously doubt there would be a noticeable difference in the downforce it provides but you would have to talk to someone that has tracked their car with and without the wing. If it covers the holes and you found for for cheap then go for it. You can always sell it if you don't like it. If it were me I would take the car to a body shop and see if they could fill in the holes and repaint the trunk.

Originally Posted by Ryuu
fill in the holes

I did looking at getting the holes filled and I don't think it would be cheap, they said to do it correctly they would need to put a piece of metal on the underside of the trunk lid then fill the difference which would probably run more than just getting a used trunk and having them repaint it.
Old 07-09-2013, 11:44 AM

If someone with a spoiler pops the trunk and leaves it unlatched but almost closed and drives around, you can see. If the trunk latches its self through spoiler downforce then you'll know. I know the Integra type R passes this test.

Quick Reply: Old Question, No solid Answer - AP2 wing Functional?