S2000 Modifications and Parts Discussions about aftermarket products and parts including reviews, information and opinion.

Replacing Invidia N1 Exhausts

Old 03-26-2019, 10:02 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Replacing Invidia N1 Exhausts

So my S came with Invidia N1 exhaust system, it sounds great but it's brutally loud, especially around 3500rpm. I guess the tradeoff is that it makes decent gains in mid-high range. I put silencers on it and it helped a ton, but I'm certain that it just hurts exhaust flow. I want to eventually get a new exhaust system for under 1k, any suggestions?

I want something thats deep and has a growl but not over bearingly loud and droney, I daily drive my S. Also, I'd prefer an exhaust that makes at least some gains (without a test pipe, Im not looking for big performance I just want better airflow at the very least).
Oh
and dual exhaust

I was looking at those Buddyclub Pro Spec and Skunk2 Megaforce exhausts...
Old 03-27-2019, 12:31 AM

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

The budyclub pro spec and skunk2 exhausts are extremely loud. Have you looked into the Invidia q300? It was deep and quiet with the stock cat however, with a test pipe it's a lot louder.
Old 03-27-2019, 05:15 AM

Received 1,132 Likes on 995 Posts

A pair of us fitted the Invidia Q300 and found it brutally loud as well. As in headaches and ear plugs required. The neighbors weren't pleased either but the kids at the high school with stanced civics loved it. Exhausts lasted a couple of weeks on our cars only because the Tanabe Medalion Touring exhausts took a week to ship from CA to OH.

Lots of information on the Medalion touring. (Much by me! ) "Gentlemanly performance."

I swapped out the exhaust on my car in maybe 30 minutes once the car was off the floor. Four parts all unbolt and rebolt easily if the rear wheels are off. I put a 63.5mm high flow cat in as well to be able to drop VTEC to 3600 rpm.

-- Chuck
Old 03-27-2019, 08:57 AM
Site Moderator

Received 345 Likes on 300 Posts

^What he said. Tanabe exhausts are much quieter but still sound good.
Old 03-27-2019, 10:09 AM

Originally Posted by Chuck S
A pair of us fitted the Invidia Q300 and found it brutally loud as well. As in headaches and ear plugs required. The neighbors weren't pleased either but the kids at the high school with stanced civics loved it. Exhausts lasted a couple of weeks on our cars only because the Tanabe Medalion Touring exhausts took a week to ship from CA to OH.

Lots of information on the Medalion touring. (Much by me! ) "Gentlemanly performance."

I swapped out the exhaust on my car in maybe 30 minutes once the car was off the floor. Four parts all unbolt and rebolt easily if the rear wheels are off. I put a 63.5mm high flow cat in as well to be able to drop VTEC to 3600 rpm.

-- Chuck
Thanks for pointing out Tanabe, now Im thinking the Medallion Touring or the Concept G. Ive read that the Touring is louder than both stock and also Concept G, so probably gonna get Touring.
Old 03-27-2019, 10:15 AM

Received 208 Likes on 170 Posts

Not sure but I think that Concept G is louder, It has those little round motorcycle exhausts
I think you might like HKS as well.
Me? I have a Fujitsubo
Old 03-27-2019, 12:24 PM

Received 34 Likes on 34 Posts

My experience with the q300 is that it is very quiet compared to most aftermarket exhausts. What exactly is the expectation level you are trying to achieve?
Old 03-27-2019, 12:36 PM
Site Moderator

Received 345 Likes on 300 Posts

With an OEM cat it is ok though it does drone. With a HFC or test pipe the Q300 becomes raspy and drones pretty badly. The problem is all of this is very subjective and relative to what you are used to. What is quiet to someone could be unbearable for someone else.

The HKS is a good call though some have seen a loss of power from it. Mugen is one that sounds good but pricey. Same goes for Amuse or ASM but price is the issue with any of those.
Old 03-27-2019, 12:51 PM

Originally Posted by outeiroj
My experience with the q300 is that it is very quiet compared to most aftermarket exhausts. What exactly is the expectation level you are trying to achieve?
Ok so the Invidia N1 sounded amazing and to be honest being a loud boi is actually pretty fun. But once Im jn the car for longer than 30 minutes the fun turns into a migraine. Either Im too low in the rpm and I cant talk to the person next to me, or to keep it manageable Im between 4-5k rpm wasting gas, again I daily drive this.

So tldr, I want to be a rumbly boi when idling, a rowdy boi when Im sending it to 8krpm, but also not too loud that I cant talk to the person next to me.

And like I said those Tanabe Touring and G Concept look good. Im now also looking at Greddy TI-C Dual systems.

Why dont people post decibel levels itd really help lol
Old 03-27-2019, 12:56 PM

Received 344 Likes on 321 Posts

https://www.s2ki.com/forums/s2000-mo...vs-hks-688436/

Quick Reply: Replacing Invidia N1 Exhausts