S2000 Modifications and Parts Discussions about aftermarket products and parts including reviews, information and opinion.

RSG roll bar owners! I have a question

Old 01-15-2015, 09:34 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RSG roll bar owners! I have a question

Hello S2ki. I tried PM'ing rockstar garage, but no response, so I thought I'd ask fellow s2k owners who have RSG rollbar in their car.

Here are my questions:

1. What is the purpose of the bulkhead bar? Is this something that I buy separately from the rollbar and add on?

2. Can i mount stock seat belts on the double diagonal rollbar? (W/out the bulkhead bar)

3. Can i install the 'secret compartment' back in without having to modify it?
Does the bulkhead bar change the answer to this question?

Just FYI, my goal is:
1. Install a roll bar and put a 5/6 point harness for track duty.
2. keep OEM seat belt for passenger side. (my fiance doesn't fancy a bucket seat or a 5 pt..) Possibly for driver side too, because I swap out bucket seats with oem seats for daily. I swap back for track weekend.
3. keep the center console and secret compartment for storage purposes.

Thanks in advance!
Old 01-15-2015, 10:08 AM

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

1. Replacement Bulkhead bar is to attached the driver and passenger side OEM seatbelt. It is an addition to the rollbar.

2. I would think you can if you weld a mounting plate to the LOWER rollbar itself.

3. Yes, if you cut the secret compartment tray in half.

Old 01-15-2015, 12:23 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I had the same questions myself and could never get them answered. I ended up a buying a bulkhead bar and then not using it.

1) If plan to keep the stock seat belts you can keep the OEM bulk head bar. If you plan on putting as much plastic as you can back in it is easier with the OEM bulk head bar. All the plastic attaches to the OEM bulk head bar.

2) No you do not mount the OEM seat belts to the double D. You either use the stock mounts on the OEM bulk head bar or they mount on the replacement bulk head bar as shown in the above photos.

3) It is easier to mount center console to OEM bulk head bar but anything is possible. You cut the shit out of the plastic and use tie wire and you can make anything fit to anything.

Regarding you goals. That changes everything. If want to run a five point harness you cannot use the OEM bulk head bar. You have to switch to the replacement bulkhead bar. The OEM bar is more of a plate than a bar, it is probably about 8" across. Again all the plastic bolts to it. The 5 point belts cannot run from the harness connection to the seat with the OEM bulk head bar. The replacement bar is a the same material as the roll bar providing room for the harness belts to run.

And yes you can run both but it is going to be a mess of belts. I build a car around my own requirements not what my GF likes.

Also you will lose about 1 to 2" of seat back room, seat bottom goes all the way back but seat back hits the bar. I hate that I lost that but nothing I can do about it now.
Old 01-15-2015, 02:25 PM

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

You can run harness on the driver side and oem on the passenger side. To do this though you need to cut the oem bulk head in half. or use the bulkhead replacement
Old 01-15-2015, 04:42 PM

ahhh....
I see. so it really comes down to two options for me.

1. ditch the oem bulkhead and get replica bucket seat + harness for passenger seat as well

2. hold off on harness for me...

I still can't understand why you can't run a harness with the OEM bulkhead installed. Just not enough room?
I guess i'll find out this weekend haha

Is 5/6 pt harness street legal?
Old 01-15-2015, 04:58 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Like I said OEM is like a 8" wide plate, it is a wall!

With the replacement bar you can run OEM seat belt on passenger side and run your five point on driver side.
Old 01-15-2015, 06:16 PM

Ahh i just saw some pics of the oem bulkhead. Yeah thats pretty thick... Though i'd imagine i can just let the harness run over the bulkhead..

S-factor, how did you install the center console and secret compartment? It looks like you have the rsg bulkhead bar.. Did you cut the compartment in half as you said??
Old 01-15-2015, 07:23 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Don't mean to thread jack, but how much does the RSG double diagonal weigh?
Old 01-16-2015, 04:00 AM

Originally Posted by merkis1024
S-factor, how did you install the center console and secret compartment? It looks like you have the rsg bulkhead bar.. Did you cut the compartment in half as you said??
I cut the secret compartment tray in half. Insert the bottom half to the top. trim more as needed. glue them together. done.
Old 01-16-2015, 04:02 AM

Originally Posted by proracer07
Don't mean to thread jack, but how much does the RSG double diagonal weigh?
50+ lbs with the bulkhead bar. IMO, the bulkhead bar is overly done. It doesn't need to be that heavy and thick to hold 2 OEM seatbelts.

Quick Reply: RSG roll bar owners! I have a question