S2000 Modifications and Parts Discussions about aftermarket products and parts including reviews, information and opinion.

RSG roll bar owners! I have a question

Old 02-04-2015, 12:07 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by merkis1024
Ahh i just saw some pics of the oem bulkhead. Yeah thats pretty thick... Though i'd imagine i can just let the harness run over the bulkhead..

S-factor, how did you install the center console and secret compartment? It looks like you have the rsg bulkhead bar.. Did you cut the compartment in half as you said??
You can't run the harnesses over top, it screws up their angle coming to the seat, as the bulkhead is taller than the harness bar height, so they would do a /\ over it, and being sharpish metal they would eventually slice through as they saw back and forth on top of the bulkhead.

As it has been said, you can either run just the roll bar with stock seats/belts and reuse the bulkhead to reinstall plastics, or if you want to run seats and harnesses you need the bulkhead bar. You can keep the center console but with the bulkhead bar you do need to cut off the bottom half of the rear bin in the secret compartment.

I personally have both bars, seats and harnesses. I run stock seats and belts 90% of the time, and swap in my buckets when I have track days. I installed eye bolts where necessary so the harnesses can just clip in, and always have the shoulder sections hanging behind my stock seats. I did keep my center console as well.

To reinstall the console, you screw the front of it in under the arm-rest just like when you removed it. Then you install the rear trim piece and zip tie it on the bottom to the harness bar. It basically just leans against the bulkhead bar, secured in the front and back.

Another option, if you like the look of the double diagonal would be to hit up bethania about a hard dog, maybe with the raised, possibly removable harness bar and double diagonals. It would accomplish you keeping most of your interior and is still safe, though not at the more ideal angle for harness routing that the lowered bar sits at.

Finally, if it's just to get on track/secure harnesses, you might be able to get away with a Safety21 bar; they maintain the entire interior, and if you're not in competition, most event organizers will never know the difference.
Old 02-04-2015, 12:20 PM

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by duffman13
You can keep the center console but with the bulkhead bar you do need to cut off the bottom half of the rear bin in the secret compartment.
Not true. Just remove the tray from the secret compartment, couple screws, and it will fit. The compartment is useless but doent need to be hacked up. The center glove box will then just rest on the bulkhead bar as you have said.
Old 02-04-2015, 12:23 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by slowd16
Originally Posted by duffman13' timestamp='1423084078' post='23493750
You can keep the center console but with the bulkhead bar you do need to cut off the bottom half of the rear bin in the secret compartment.
Not true. Just remove the tray from the secret compartment, couple screws, and it will fit. The compartment is useless but doent need to be hacked up. The center glove box will then just rest on the bulkhead bar as you have said.
I wanted to keep the ability to put stuff in the compartment, so i hacked it up. But yeah, you could just remove the tray entirely.