S2000 Modifications and Parts Discussions about aftermarket products and parts including reviews, information and opinion.

Should She Wear a Bra?

Old 06-12-2012, 07:43 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Should She Wear a Bra?

As a new S2000 owner I am very heart broken when i notice new rock chips on my front fender and hood, like looking at a beautiful girl with a black eye. I am trying to figure out if it is worth having the front repainted and putting a clear bra on the front. First i would like to determine if this is a good idea, i have heard mixed reviews on Bra's some say that it is the best protection you can get for the front end of the s2k. On the other hand I have read some horror stories of people putting on bra's for several hundreds of dollars just to have them yellow and/or chip themselves leaving what looks like scratches on the front end. Second how difficult are bras to maintain/remove? Lastly i want to figure out what the price for a decent one is and if it is something that i should do myself or have a pro do it?

I would appreciate anyone's experiences or suggestions in regards to bras.
Old 06-12-2012, 07:48 AM

Bras are ugly as sin and if parked in the sun will cause your paint to have an odd "tan line." Just invest in some touch up paint and call it a day.
Old 06-12-2012, 08:17 AM

Originally Posted by calebzimm
Bras are ugly as sin and if parked in the sun will cause your paint to have an odd "tan line." Just invest in some touch up paint and call it a day.

Thanks for the input, I have heard simliar things about Bra's but i am not sure if it has to do with the fact that it was a cheap bra or if all of them do it. I was looking at touch up paint because i don't want to spend $500+ for a respray, but from what i hear the Laguna blue is very hard to match since it metallic so i don't want to make it look worse then it currently does.
Old 06-12-2012, 09:01 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

it wont match well, but it wont be as noticeable as a white dot.
Old 06-12-2012, 09:09 AM

my sebring touch up doesn't match perfectly either but it's much better than having exposed metal.
Old 06-12-2012, 09:09 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Clear bras are the way to go if u must have a bra on
Old 06-12-2012, 10:00 AM

Ok so it seem's like a Bra is not the way to go, does anybody have any suggestions as to how to reduce the amount of rock chips you get besides avoiding unpaved roads?
Old 06-12-2012, 10:30 AM
Former Sponsor

Received 38 Likes on 30 Posts

Clear bra's are the way to go! Don't know why people are saying they are ugly.. A leather black bra or something yeah that looks terrible but a good quality clear bra is a great way to prevent rock chips. You just have to make sure you have a good shop do it with a good quality bra material.
Old 06-12-2012, 10:58 AM

I have a clear bra and you can even tell its there unless you get super close to it. Also i keep it waxed and polished just like the rest of the car. It would take many years of sun exposure for the bra to yellow and or scratch. Respray your front and then clear bra it. Youll be glad you did!

Heres a quick pic of my car with a clear bra installed. Try and spot it.
Old 06-12-2012, 11:44 AM

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

^^^ umm I can see that from here

Quick Reply: Should She Wear a Bra?