S2000 Modifications and Parts Discussions about aftermarket products and parts including reviews, information and opinion.

VAFC II with AEM UEGO

Old 12-15-2009, 01:04 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default VAFC II with AEM UEGO

- I installed UEGO AEM with AFR wideband sensor and tried to see at glance what is going on, and I noticed that the car is mostly at 14-15 at WOT but then from 8000-9000 it drops to around 12...

- I have AEM V2, headers 63mm, invidia test pipe 70mm, invidia exhaust N1 single tip 70mm
So now say at 6000 RPM I have AFR 15, how should I set up the correction of fuel on the VAFCII?!?!

what is the number that I should put, I saw other's settings, they were like -9,-7,-5 stuff like that, but what is the formula to reach 13...

If I put the stock O2 sensor outside in a tube that is sealed.. would that eliminate the CEL?!! Cause I installed the wideband AEM sensor now...
Old 12-15-2009, 01:44 PM

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Your car is running ridicously lean in WOT, it will be rich right at very end of the rev range by design (you can lean this out so -10 or something i had mine upto 12.8 as engine running out of puff anyways and piston speeds are ballastic to begin with).

Like i said in the past it needs to be in the 12.7 -13.2 AFR range MAX in WOT for best power and safe, alot highier it will knock/retard timing like f##k and melt your pistons in time.

-x is leaning out ie more air thus leaning (you dont want to do this judging by your figures), +x is used to lower the AFR so you need to use + values, just keep adding 2 until it gets around to 12.7 - 13.2 set for WOT not partial throttle.

And again as i said earlier DO NOT USE other peoples settings this is exactly why i hope you understand now, i presume you havent used someones elses settings? (seems like you have as thats very very lean).

p.s i generally say thanks to folk who help on here
Old 12-15-2009, 01:56 PM

Originally Posted by kaissi,Dec 15 2009, 05:04 PM
So now say at 6000 RPM I have AFR 15, how should I set up the correction of fuel on the VAFCII?!?!

what is the number that I should put, I saw other's settings, they were like -9,-7,-5 stuff like that, but what is the formula to reach 13...
Sounds like you need to take your car to a tuner or someone who knows what they are doing.

There is no "formula" to give you a 13:1 AFR, you get there by tuning slowly. Start with adding fuel 1% at a time in the ranges where it's too lean and subtract fuel 1% at a time in the ranges where it's too rich. It's not rocket science, but you clearly don't know what you're doing.

Ideally you would want to be able to log AFR and RPM so that you can review them after a run, makes changes, and make another run. You really don't want to have to watch your wideband while driving and try to remember where the rich and lean spots are. Being on a dyno would be the best way to accomplish this if you don't have a system capable of datalogging (which you don't).
Old 12-15-2009, 02:13 PM

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by deathsled,Dec 15 2009, 11:56 PM
Sounds like you need to take your car to a tuner or someone who knows what they are doing.

There is no "formula" to give you a 13:1 AFR, you get there by tuning slowly. Start with adding fuel 1% at a time in the ranges where it's too lean and subtract fuel 1% at a time in the ranges where it's too rich. It's not rocket science, but you clearly don't know what you're doing.

Ideally you would want to be able to log AFR and RPM so that you can review them after a run, makes changes, and make another run. You really don't want to have to watch your wideband while driving and try to remember where the rich and lean spots are. Being on a dyno would be the best way to accomplish this if you don't have a system capable of datalogging (which you don't).
Exactly I suggest doing some research etc at the very have a go and take it to a dyno.
Old 12-15-2009, 08:46 PM

I appreciate it guys, but I tried once before getting the wideband sensor -2 on some areas for few seconds, didn't feel a difference then put it back to 0 (original settings: i.e. no correction) and now I got the AFR sensor and I got a lot of 14's 15's and my current settings as I said are 0 on the VAFC, I want to try to put my car in safe status as much as I can, I got the emanage ultimate but I don't have the cable to connect the UEGO to it. And since I need a lot of time to learn about emanage ultimate, I'm trying to richen the car a little for now, to keep it safe. Later I will use emanage. In my area it's hard to find good tuners, the whole country has like 5-10 S2000, and only mine is tuned, the others are all stock with old men. there is no dyno (I'm currently in Lebanon). I need your help guys, so far what I did is sealed the stock o2 sensor not to have CEL, after I use to have it with a non-fouler, but now I had to put the Wideband sensor instead, so I sealed the stock o2 sensor . Anyway, I have an empty place, I have a friend of mine with me, I'm going to try on 3rd on WOT and let him write the results from at least 3000-4000 till 9000. and I will try see the big changes and choose the NE points accordingly, then try to adjust, so as I learned it's a trial and error thing and not a formula... And you said that if I have 14 or 15 which is lean, I have to add fuel so correction positive so +number, so I will try to add at least 5-10 first to push the AFR to 12 or 11 immediately, then do trial and decrease it to get to 13, not to keep running on lean engine...

Any other ideas?
Old 12-15-2009, 08:53 PM

i see you are in So Cal.

take your car to Dynamic Autosports and get it TUNED on the DYNO!!!!!

949-457-1234 ask for Eugene or Mikey and tell them I sent you!

You can ask for Harley but he only will answer to my voice
Old 12-15-2009, 09:19 PM

I was in OC, though I'm not coming back soon... I had 2007 Silver S2000 there not anymore now in Lebanon I have an EDM 2004 (F20C) S2000 black...
No Dyno..
I'll change my status on the profile hold on..