S2000 Racing and Competition The S2000 on the track and Solo circuit. Some of the fastest S2000 drivers in the world call this forum home.

2014-16 NHA Season Coverage

Old 08-29-2016, 04:43 PM

Received 18 Likes on 16 Posts

Thanks Jared! Your attendance at Maryhill last year will remain one of the most memorable highlights of my hillclimb experience. I should have my head back from the machine shop sometime this week. Sure does suck having your S up on stands collecting dust! And in California there is a lot of dust.
Old 09-14-2016, 06:55 PM

Here is that link to my build thread for anyone interested in non-hillclimb content.
Old 09-25-2016, 08:12 PM

Even though I didn't attend Mary-Hill this year I just had to share this great footage my friend Jared shot with his drone. Sorry, no S2k content, but I know a lot of you just love this road/course!
Mary Hill 2016
Old 04-15-2017, 06:54 PM

Sorry to bring this thread back from the dead, but I did mention in an earlier post that I would update with the end of the season meeting in Bend. It just happens to be 5 months after the fact I have been busy moving back to NY from CA and my S is still in storage out West, so there's that....
I did get my head back and re-installed in time for the drive to the annual NHA meeting in Bend. I think it started at 11 am? So I had to leave around 7 in the morning after I had just finished a valve adjustment the night before, I made it about 5 miles down the road and realized I had left my passenger side wiper off the arm and had to turn around to get it and put it back on. There was rain in the forecast and you wouldn't want to scratch your windshield I had taken it off so I wouldn't scratch the hood when opening it to the almost 90 degree position for more room when working in the engine bay. It was a light drizzle and cold conditions when I passed a line of truckers on 97, doing about 85 in a 2 lane passing section. Unfortunately for me a CHP suv was coming towards me as I cleared the next rise and my radar detector started screeching at me! Dang! I just pulled over because I saw him in my mirror as he swung around behind me after I sped past him. My heart was pounding because out of my five years in CA I had managed to keep a clean driving record, and I knew the hit to your wallet insurance-wise if you got any points on your license. He wasn't too happy about the radar detector, and the only thing that helped to corroborate my story of why I was traveling at such a rate of speed was the line of truckers that went by us at just that moment in a rush of road spray. He let me go! Sure he made me sweat it out while he ran my ID, but he let me go! I was shocked, I thanked him and the thought of getting out of the car and hugging him did cross my mind, which was quickly followed by a thought that getting out of the car might get me arrested
That's it, that's the only story I had to tell. The only reason I had to revive this thread, to tell how I avoided getting a speeding ticket even though I was definitely going over the posted 65 mph limit. Yup, that's it...
Oh wait,the meeting, I did bring up what had happened at Freezeout with the roll bar issue and how Carl had said something should be in the rule book about the hard top exception. I was again told by Wilke and Charles that S2000's with the OEM hard top and stock roll hoops were allowed to run at all NHA events. Also Carl had made a point about how his clubs insurance would not allow me to run without a roll bar, when in fact (which I already knew) all NHA sanctioned events are insured by the NHA, not the hosting club. No, nothing would be added to the rule book about this issue because the NHA considers it a non-issue. So, to answer anyone such as pastoli (who asked back on page one), yes, take your CR (which obviously has a hard top) to Freezeout and have a blast!

Well, that's it. It certainly has been fun, and I hope if anyone does enter any of these events with their S that they feel free to comment here, or at least let me know, because I'm interested! Good times, good times.

Last edited by saving4one; 11-15-2020 at 02:46 PM.