S2000 Racing and Competition The S2000 on the track and Solo circuit. Some of the fastest S2000 drivers in the world call this forum home.

Are Buddy Club seat sliders really the best available?

Old 06-26-2014, 01:56 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Are Buddy Club seat sliders really the best available?

I've read about how they need to be modified, and even then aren't that great. Are these the best sliding seat brackets available at this time?
Old 06-26-2014, 02:29 PM

Received 147 Likes on 96 Posts

Buddyclub Rails are not bad, they have just not the best welding done to them. This can always be fixed imo.

Keep in mind that prices are per side, and yea they are not cheap. but also keep in mind what they are holding in and keeping safe.

But if you want great rails all around, I would recommend Nagisa
http://www.evasivemotorsports.com/mm...nOfCDZpAjw_wcB

Alex at Ballade has also made some low position seat rails that i am sure are quality.
http://www.balladesports.com/product...side-duplicate

I personally like the Nagisa because of the side lever, but i would go with the Ballade if i had to choose.
Old 06-27-2014, 07:57 AM

Received 22 Likes on 17 Posts

I had success with the bride rail + recaro spg, it made it so easy to drop in the combo into the s2000.

The buddy club is great for the price and that you adjust the seat laterally, too.

But like any race/aftermarket component you need to inspect it for wear and tear - I don't think that is a knock on buddy club.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 06-27-2014, 08:02 AM

Thanks for the responses guys. I ordered the buddy clubs. I've got a decent fab shop up the street that can doctor them up if need be.
Old 06-27-2014, 08:02 AM

Received 39 Likes on 34 Posts

Fitment was so-so on my Buddy Club rail. Really had to work and play with it to get the bolts in properly. Many cuss words were spoken. And the slide bar and mechanism feel so cheap and chintsy. That said, I crashed the car with it and had it inspected afterwards, and it was fine. So it did its job. And unless you're swapping drivers or seats, the install and slider aren't that big of a deal.
Old 06-27-2014, 08:09 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I had the Recaro Japan rails on my SPG's. Had Bride and BC rails before. The Recaro Japan rails were the best by a long shot, not even close. GoTuning has them.
Old 06-27-2014, 08:31 AM

Originally Posted by Antonov
I had the Recaro Japan rails on my SPG's. Had Bride and BC rails before. The Recaro Japan rails were the best by a long shot, not even close. GoTuning has them.
Those are listed as $400 each plus $120 for the side-mount adapters. They better be the best!
Old 06-29-2014, 12:22 PM

Received 33 Likes on 30 Posts

If your running a profi spg then the Nagasaki rails will work. If your waist is 32 or smaller go profi spg. Great seat
Old 06-30-2014, 05:09 AM

My rails arrived in the mail, and just from shipping, the attachment point for the SEAT BELT broke off. I'm going to return these and find another brand. I can't believe a company could sell a product with such little regard for its users' safety. The last thing I want to be thinking about while my wife or I am driving the car would be these shitty welds. Never again, buddy club.

Are Buddy Club seat sliders really the best available?-jhfk17u.jpg
Old 06-30-2014, 06:40 AM

yea the fitment on mine was just ok and they r pretty hard to move but other than that they r fine

Quick Reply: Are Buddy Club seat sliders really the best available?