S2000 Racing and Competition The S2000 on the track and Solo circuit. Some of the fastest S2000 drivers in the world call this forum home.

Fuel starvation?

Old 06-19-2012, 09:06 PM
Former Moderator

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Question. Do you like running lean?
Old 08-26-2012, 05:04 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have just installed the Aeromotive 340 to replace my OEM fuel pump. I now have fuel starvation in long left handers as soon as I get down to 2/3 of s tank. With my OEM fuel pump I never experienced fuel starvation on the same corners and I regularly run with only a 1/4 of a tank of gas. This must be related to the new fuel pump. Is it possible that it's a bad installation or something else? I would rather re-install the OEM fuel pump than have to run with a full tank or fit a surge tank.
Old 08-26-2012, 06:51 AM

Originally Posted by mcopley
I have just installed the Aeromotive 340 to replace my OEM fuel pump. I now have fuel starvation in long left handers as soon as I get down to 2/3 of s tank. With my OEM fuel pump I never experienced fuel starvation on the same corners and I regularly run with only a 1/4 of a tank of gas. This must be related to the new fuel pump. Is it possible that it's a bad installation or something else? I would rather re-install the OEM fuel pump than have to run with a full tank or fit a surge tank.
It could just be aftermarket fuel pumps in general. Like you, I never had an issue with fuel starvation with the OEM pump, but now when I have anything under half a tank I'm prone to having fuel starvation. My fuel starvation issues are normally on straights when I'm heavy on the throttle, though.
Old 08-26-2012, 10:09 AM
Former Moderator

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

I had a Full Blown surge tank installed and love it.
Old 08-26-2012, 04:16 PM

Originally Posted by OVER 9000!
Originally Posted by mcopley' timestamp='1345986268' post='21965408
It could just be aftermarket fuel pumps in general. Like you, I never had an issue with fuel starvation with the OEM pump, but now when I have anything under half a tank I'm prone to having fuel starvation. My fuel starvation issues are normally on straights when I'm heavy on the throttle, though.
It's interesting you say that. The OP mentioned that he had the Warlbro 255 before the Aeromotive and he only started having issues with the Aeromotive.I think it's worth making it known to the R&C community that you may have starvation issues after installing the Aeromotive 340.
Old 08-26-2012, 04:17 PM

Originally Posted by CKit
I had a Full Blown surge tank installed and love it.
I would love one too - it's on my to do list.
Old 08-26-2012, 06:23 PM

Originally Posted by mcopley
Originally Posted by OVER 9000!' timestamp='1345992712' post='21965514
[quote name='mcopley' timestamp='1345986268' post='21965408']
It's interesting you say that. The OP mentioned that he had the Warlbro 255 before the Aeromotive and he only started having issues with the Aeromotive.I think it's worth making it known to the R&C community that you may have starvation issues after installing the Aeromotive 340.
[/quote]
Oh, sorry I forgot to mention the fuel pump I am using. I'm using the Deatschwerks 300 lpm fuel pump.
Old 08-26-2012, 06:44 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I get this odd (what seems to be) early fuel cut... which I'm suspecting as fuel starvation. Here's a video the issue after a left hander (shown at 01:07). I had 1/2 tank of gas. Is this what you experience?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ndMP_...&feature=g-upl
Old 08-27-2012, 03:36 AM

I've had this issue for over a year now... The first few autox's I did with CDC in the DC area I had no issues, but it started shortly after at around 16k miles on my AP2... Only done a few things as far as troubleshooting; replacing MAP sensor and disabling VSA. Neither of these have made a change. I've read in a few threads that a few guys were able to get the issue squared away by flashing/tuning but ideally wanted to avoid that route.

Seems like Full Blown surge tank may be the best option at this point.
Old 08-27-2012, 03:52 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Video for reference for NATuned's problems. Complete throttle loss after the sustained left hand corner. No issues during the sustained right hand corners, starts at 19 seconds in goes until 23 seconds. Engine feels like I left off the throttle, in gear, and letting it coast. I was mashing the throttle and shifting to try to get the power back lol...

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BVdE6dB-fPI[/media]

Quick Reply: Fuel starvation?