S2000 Racing and Competition The S2000 on the track and Solo circuit. Some of the fastest S2000 drivers in the world call this forum home.

Girodisc floating rotors - testing results on page 5

Old 10-27-2014, 06:47 PM

Received 96 Likes on 71 Posts

Here are my rotors before being sent in for new rings:

One is worn past the slots on the front face, and both are worn past the slots on the rear faces slightly. Pretty even wear on each side though. I also cleaned up the rotors hats with some brake cleaner and a fine grit sponge sanding block. Very easy to clean up actually on both the front and rear faces of the hat. If you saw my earlier photos that surface oxidation was basically all from my OEM wheels which needed their mounting surface cleaned up as well. Since running the clean CEs with these rotors I rarely have to clean the hats. This is around 10000-13000 miles on these rings short daily driving to and from work and to track, but mostly track and track like usage using track pads the entire time. These lasted me almost twice as long as a set of Brembo OEM blank rotors which I actually used less aggressive pads on. Removing the rotor screws on the Girodisc is ridiculously easy compared to using 1 piece rotors. One tiny wack with the impact driver and they are loose.

Some tiny surface hairlines like you get with most rotors, but nothing at all that would indicate any major fractures or anything. I definitely put my rotors through pretty bad temperature cycles as most of my driving is in very cool temperatures so the rotors cool very quickly. After parking the car after a very short cool down in cool weather I will hear some little pings from the hat but not a single crack or fracture. As cracknut noted, these will be sent into Girodisc via Speed-freaks so they can check the runout and install the new hardware and rings to their spec.
Old 07-18-2018, 02:48 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hello I`m building a S2000 for SCCA E Production...
I have to run stock Calipers front and rear but can run aftermarket hats and rotors, just can have them slotted
300mm on front 282mm solid on rear,, I`m trying to find these brake hats,, I could make them but some things might be faster to buy.
if you have a phone number that someone real will answer I would like to buy a set..
Trying to have this car done and tested before the SCCA Majors National championship at Sonoma in Oct.
Thanks for your time.
Joe Carr
Carr Racing Chassis
joe@carrracingchassis.com