Go Back  S2KI Honda S2000 Forums > Special Interest > S2000 Racing and Competition
Reload this Page >

Origin Fab Offset Bushing users, a question for you .....

Notices
S2000 Racing and Competition The S2000 on the track and Solo circuit. Some of the fastest S2000 drivers in the world call this forum home.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Origin Fab Offset Bushing users, a question for you .....

Old 01-23-2019, 03:39 PM

Liked 47 Times in 40 Posts

Does anyone use these to raise the inner pivot of the upper arm, attempting to restore the suspension geometry on a lowered car?
Old 01-24-2019, 05:34 AM

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
Default Pins

I had issues with my upper a arms bolts slowly working their way out. I drilled the nut and bolt on the inside ans put pins in, now I don't have to over tighten and they don't back out.
Old 01-24-2019, 08:22 AM
Community Organizer

Liked 135 Times in 122 Posts

Originally Posted by devildust View Post
I had issues with my upper a arms bolts slowly working their way out. I drilled the nut and bolt on the inside ans put pins in, now I don't have to over tighten and they don't back out.
Pic please? I need a visual or a better / different description please.

TIA
Old 04-02-2019, 05:13 PM
Community Organizer

Instead of the OEM torque spec of ~79 ft/lbs I've gone to 60 ft/lbs with the springs preloaded and double nutted the bolts.

I feel this is tight enough to prevent any slop in the bushing/ washer to frame but loose enough to get full movement of suspension / A arm without binding.
Old 04-07-2019, 07:50 PM

Liked 40 Times in 31 Posts

Have you reached out to Origin themselves?
Old 04-08-2019, 04:15 AM
Community Organizer

Originally Posted by Soviet View Post
Have you reached out to Origin themselves?
I have.

We have over 150 sets of these in the wild with nearly zero issues aside from one recent problem with a customer who had a previously bent upper arm which in my opinion tweaked the upper mount. When installed the bushings are tighter than oem. It is normal to have some “resistance” on them. Is there a thread online about this I should be aware of? If so please direct me so I can clear up any miss conceived issues.
I still don't trust it. Tightenng these to OEM spec (79.6 ft/lbs?) severely restricts movement and starts to pinch the upper a arm mounts. My car has never been in an accident.
Old 04-10-2019, 06:33 PM

Liked 11 Times in 11 Posts

I’ve been running these for two months and developed a god awful squeaking from them. I’m thinking of pulling the a arms spraying them extensively with white lithium and re installing.

Mark from origin instructed me to torque to 55 lbft. I’m thinking I may go to only 40 next time and add a second nut to the stud.

The thought being less torque is less pressure on the washers pushing into the delrin which is where I’m thinking the source of the noise is originating..
The following users liked this post: Tsxtx
freq (04-11-2019)
Old 04-11-2019, 04:26 AM
Community Organizer

Originally Posted by Tsxtx View Post
I’ve been running these for two months and developed a god awful squeaking from them. I’m thinking of pulling the a arms spraying them extensively with white lithium and re installing.

Mark from origin instructed me to torque to 55 lbft. I’m thinking I may go to only 40 next time and add a second nut to the stud.

The thought being less torque is less pressure on the washers pushing into the delrin which is where I’m thinking the source of the noise is originating..
WOW, thank you for the response!! I wish Mark had given me that same information ................ but he didn't and this was after 6 or 7 emails.

I used lots of waterproof grease when assembling mine and to repeat myself I torqued to 60 ft/lbs and double nutted. My car is track only, we'll see how long it takes for the squeaks to start.

Thanks again for the response.
Old 04-11-2019, 06:20 AM

Liked 11 Times in 11 Posts

Originally Posted by freq View Post
WOW, thank you for the response!! I wish Mark had given me that same information ................ but he didn't and this was after 6 or 7 emails.

I used lots of waterproof grease when assembling mine and to repeat myself I torqued to 60 ft/lbs and double nutted. My car is track only, we'll see how long it takes for the squeaks to start.

Thanks again for the response.
well crap, where did you grease? What type did you use? I had the bushings pressed in by a shop and there’s no chance grease was in between either the bushing and arm or the bushing and the inner sleeve... I was hoping the chaffing was the outer pressure of the frame points essentially pinching those washers into the bushings causing the noise/friction.

It seems leas likely that the a arm or sleeve would be the source but that’s just my mind trying to wrap my head around the physics of it.

They began squeaking last weekend, it’s been ~500 miles. Several of which were in the rain. It began at Cota so I just dealt with it all weekend but my neuroses cannot allow the noise to continue.

ill be going full blown spherical if this it a persistent issue.
Old 04-11-2019, 08:30 AM
Community Organizer

I greased everything. All my bushings are still in decent shape, I only did it for the increased camber / clearance and to avoid the cost and points for TT that sphericals would get me.

Quick Reply: Origin Fab Offset Bushing users, a question for you .....

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands