S2000 Racing and Competition The S2000 on the track and Solo circuit. Some of the fastest S2000 drivers in the world call this forum home.

THMotorsports Competition Track Blank Rotors REVIEW

Old 06-21-2013, 06:38 PM
JJ7

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by THMotorsports
...All you guys think THMotorsports is claiming that it WON'T CRACK but we made no such claim what so ever. All we just said, in avoidance and for more consistent rotor and brake pad wear, this should be used.

I have NEVER made any claim that they will not crack. I'm not sure where you guys got this idea at all. Never made such a claim.

... We have no data to back up any claim other than track time. We have used these rotors at Road America, Gingerman and Route66 locally and we have not cracked a rotor. We had a lot of people asking me to put them out on the market, with reluctance due to not having hard data, I did under strong demand from the community.

Once again, you guys all are under the impression I said it wont crack. No... I just said avoidance

Never claimed they were ANTi-CRACKING.... show me where I stated it?

I'd like to know what it is the community needs for proof? And not proof that they won't crack because thats not what I'm claiming AT ALL.

Call it marketing...
I summed up this thread for those with a short attention span. Your welcome. I need to look up the definition of avoidance now.
Old 06-21-2013, 06:54 PM
Former Moderator

Received 26 Likes on 25 Posts

The graphic says "You can avoid this" with arrow pointing to cracked rotor. How do you avoid a cracked rotor? By using a rotor that doesn't crack. That's what the graphic implies and that's why everyone was up in arms. We've been through this many times with "new, magic rotors."

And yes, "REVIEW" (op's caps) is in the title and there's no review at all.
Old 06-21-2013, 07:41 PM

Received 96 Likes on 71 Posts

Please tell me more about how F1 teams use cryo treatment on their all carbon brake disks. Please. Oh my bad, it looks like Redbull used Cryo-treatment on one of their components:

Webber aids recovery with cryogenic chamber therapy
Old 06-21-2013, 08:35 PM
Former Moderator

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

You post this:

THMotorsports wanted to introduce a LOW-COST, reliable and consistent rotor for all S2000 enthusiasts. Many of us have experienced cracked or broken rotors and some of us actually purchase cheap rotors from (autozone, advance auto....misc....) and use them as disposables.
Directly followed by this:
We have tried to put all technology advancements in one brake rotor package so you can have a rotor that last longer and keep you on the track for more seat time. Not everyone can afford 2-Piece rotors but now you have an option when it comes to getting rotors at a competitive price and great performance.
If I said, "Many of us have experienced itching and burning in our jock straps and some of us actually purchase cheap powders from the drugstore..."

Then follow that with:
"We wanted to put all your salad chopping woes behind you and introduce the new SALAD SHOOTER where you can make quick, easy and delicious salads with just a wave of your hand!"

That doesn't make sense.

You expect the second part to be the contrast to the first.

So if you lead with, "YOU CRACKA THEM CHEAP DISPOSABLE ROTAZ!" then the second statement implies "U NO CRACK MY NOTA CHEAPA ROTAZ AS QWIK."
(Disclaimer: that was not meant to be any particular dialect or ethnicity, just an example of a LOUD advertisementspeak."

You say "competitive price" and "great performance."
But you won't tell us what the price is and can't say how much additional performance it gives?
Old 06-21-2013, 08:38 PM
Former Moderator

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

http://scienceofspeed.com/products/b.../brake_rotors/

SOS rotors are directionally vaned and
$124 front / $78 rear.

They also had a thread with hub cooling data.

This is the kind of data we're looking for, has been published for a similar product and is available:
https://www.s2ki.com/s2000/topic/931...-brake-rotors/

The guys at SOS get S2000s and get R&C.
You could take a lesson or two.

That old line about Fast / Reliable / Cheap is a cop out. We're looking for VALUE, it's not about the price. So put the data out there like the guys who have already put a similar product out on the market and tested them on S2000s before coming in all snarky.
Old 06-22-2013, 10:41 AM

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Could you please provide data supporting your claims below. Specifically the +200% rotor life and brake pad wear.

Old 06-22-2013, 06:09 PM
Former Moderator

Received 26 Likes on 25 Posts

"Longer Lasting Rotors! 200% More!"

Keep in mind 100% more = twice the rotor life, 200% = 3 times the rotor life. This is definitely possible with good metallurgy and cryogen treatment but we need reviews from some of the guys that crack generic rotors in 2 or 3 hours of track time.
Old 06-22-2013, 06:57 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I'd be willing to abuse a set, if they're priced reasonably.
Old 06-23-2013, 11:33 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Old 06-24-2013, 04:24 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

well that escalated quickly

Quick Reply: THMotorsports Competition Track Blank Rotors REVIEW